SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 18, 2014, 01:24 AM
Find More Posts by airpower
Have fun
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined May 2007
6,297 Posts
But it's exactly what I use.... I used it today to max out my Beasts aileron gain. Many people on this forum would gladly buy the remaining programmer off you.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2014, 05:32 PM
Find More Posts by uncookedlentil
United States, WA, Jefferson County
Joined Jan 2008
77 Posts
Can anyone tell me the difference between the boards installed in the UMX Radian and UMX ASK? I'd like to motorize my ASK but unsure whether a brake is available in the ASK esc. Without the brake it becomes a ''why bother'' project.
uncookedlentil is offline Find More Posts by uncookedlentil
Old Dec 22, 2014, 06:15 PM
Find More Posts by CorvetteC5
Kokomo, Indiana
Joined Jun 2008
893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncookedlentil View Post
Can anyone tell me the difference between the boards installed in the UMX Radian and UMX ASK? I'd like to motorize my ASK but unsure whether a brake is available in the ASK esc. Without the brake it becomes a ''why bother'' project.
The Ask-21 brick does not include the ESC brake feature of the Radian. I added a motor and folding prop to my Ask-21, before the UM Radian was introduced, and it will not stop free wheeling in a glide. Eventually I may add a brake to this ESC of my own design. Even as it is, the Ask-21 is a nice backyard flier with UM Citabria wings.
CorvetteC5 is offline Find More Posts by CorvetteC5
Old Dec 23, 2014, 06:48 AM
Find More Posts by mgdon
United States, MA, Belmont
Joined Mar 2004
649 Posts
Air power I stand corrected - I bought one and it does have that extension with it and it's the perfect length too.
It's on my model now and works fine.
Thank you!
mgdon is offline Find More Posts by mgdon
Old Jan 20, 2015, 08:54 AM
Find More Posts by Team_Monkey
Joined Jan 2007
126 Posts
Gents, I'm going to copy a post I made in another thread in hopes of spreading my noise to get some help. :-)
---

I pulled the AS board out of my UMX SBACH and I'm trying to get the gyros turned off so I can run regular elevon mixing in my TX. Sounds easy...

I have my PC recognizing the programmer and the software correctly picks up the COM port (we all know now it flashing the number isn't a problem.) But I cannot for the life of me get the brick to activate the XPORT. I verified CH5 is still active using a servo (thanks for the hint BTW)

My Tx is an old Futaba 8U running a real Spektrum DM8 module. The setup has worked well for years. Just recall that Futaba has to reverse channel 3 to work with electric models. I did reset the data for the model slot and even tried running CH3 not reversed. All rates are at 100% and trims reset.

-I plug the programmer into the XPORT but the USB end is not in the PC.
-Power on the TX in full throttle, right rudder held by a rubber band.
-Power on the Rx board.
---The LED turns on briefly, turns off for 4-5 seconds and then blinks rapidly as if it has lost bind. However after powering everything off, and powering on in the right way, the Rx is still bound to the Tx and runs CH5 as normal.
---On another attempt following the same procedure but changing the CH5 switch on the Tx, the light turned on briefly, off briefly and then stayed on steady.

How in the doodles do I get XPORT active!?!?
Team_Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Team_Monkey
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2015, 07:28 PM
Find More Posts by Team_Monkey
Joined Jan 2007
126 Posts
The programming problem was resolved by using a transmitter from my RTF Night Vapor, instead of the converted Futaba to do the programming.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=169
Team_Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Team_Monkey
RCG Plus Member