HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 01, 2012, 10:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Wasn't the UFO 8 smaller than the UFO 5? If they have a new release of the UFO 5 and it now carries a camera with it, they should be stocking up on a bigger motor.
I never had a Ufo 5, but have recently got a Ufo 8 and built a couple from spares.
The Ufo 5 is bigger than the 8, but spares seem even more scarce for the 5 than the 8, even though the 5 was released after the 8 afaik.
I might be wrong on the release times though.
I really like my Ufo 8s.
Just yesterday, I removed some blades from one and it is now super quick and stable.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2012, 10:20 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,668 Posts
There are two versions of the UFO 5. The first release was a while ago and came with a 2401 transmitter (3+ years, maybe?) and the recent release comes with a Devo 7 and a camera already mounted. The latest release is listed as being 2011. If the newer one requires a Devo instead of a simple 2401, they must have new firmware in it. It uses one channel to turn the camera on and off. I think it would be a nice first quad, but you don't have a choice but to get the camera and it's another Walkera item that requires yet another transmitter. The camera and the Devo add another $100. If it was $150 instead of $265, I'd like it a lot better. If it was $200, but came brushless, then I'd REALLY like it.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Apr 02, 2012, 12:52 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,266 Posts
Quote:
I'm just looking to get started into quads instead of heli's, so, I'm not into doing videos. If I were, or maybe in anticipation of getting into it, they have the newer UFO 5 out that comes with the Devo 7 AND a camera right out of the box(camera controlled by the Devo). I would assume the software/firmware has been updated since the original UFO 5 that ran on a 2401 transmitter. Have any of you been UFO 5 owners from the previous version? As much as they thought of things that would sell this older model, would it have hurt them to make it brushless too?
I had a UFO 5#. The motors do not last at all and it flies kind of like an HBFP. It really needs a new quad control board. It's also flimsy and difficult to work on. It made me give up on quads and stick to regular helis until the MQx came out and I got a taste of how quads are supposed to perform. I'll try the Ladybird, but there's no way I'd consider trying any other Walkera quad again.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Apr 02, 2012, 07:25 AM
Spain
Joined Jan 2010
457 Posts
spare parts

Sure this is walkera and not nine eagles?...... I c really cheap "toy" quads for this year...

http://www.oomodel.com/walkera-qr-la...5_110_335.html

Saludos,
Jose
Doblao is offline Find More Posts by Doblao
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:30 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,668 Posts
When you buy the motor, you get the whole arm with it?!! Why did you comment about Nine Eagles?
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:51 AM
Spain
Joined Jan 2010
457 Posts
comment

Quote:
When you buy the motor, you get the whole arm with it?!! Why did you comment about Nine Eagles?
Cause of the price...(that motor mount remembered me Solo Pro tail motor style)and the hope they make their version soon too...

Saludos,
Jose
Doblao is offline Find More Posts by Doblao
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:54 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
RC711 now have these in stock.
They currently have 2 of the Devo 7 RTF versions, and 2 of the Devo 8s.
http://www.rc711.com/shop/advanced_s...dybird&x=8&y=8
Old Apr 04, 2012, 06:45 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2012
193 Posts
Well put my order in at wowhobbies just have to wait and see how long it takes to get to get here in the land of OZ. hopefully it gets here faster than the quoted 29 days!!! For $80 I thought it was pretty good. I already have a devo 7. So it was a must have to add to the collection. To be quite honest the devo 7 is not as bad as people are saying. It actually works very well and you could do worse.
Stupest is offline Find More Posts by Stupest
Old Apr 04, 2012, 08:13 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupest View Post
Well put my order in at wowhobbies just have to wait and see how long it takes to get to get here in the land of OZ. hopefully it gets here faster than the quoted 29 days!!! For $80 I thought it was pretty good. I already have a devo 7. So it was a must have to add to the collection. To be quite honest the devo 7 is not as bad as people are saying. It actually works very well and you could do worse.
Please come back and tell us what you make of it.
Will be waiting anxiously for the review.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 08:14 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,951 Posts
I will have mine Fri. I ordered 2
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 04, 2012, 08:36 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
2 of them Nice! Make me tempting to get it too but i will wait for the actual review from user!
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Apr 05, 2012, 08:00 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Looks like Wow has sold out of their first batch. I know Z06 Tony got two, I got one. Anyone else we know get in this first run? I kept telling myself I wouldn't be an early adopter again, but . . . . ....

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Apr 05, 2012, 09:05 PM
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
Looks like Wow has sold out of their first batch. I know Z06 Tony got two, I got one. Anyone else we know get in this first run? I kept telling myself I wouldn't be an early adopter again, but . . . . ....

Rafa
i learned my lesson already with walkera.. especially at 90 price tag i'll wait before buying one. after you early adopters test fly and report back, i'm sure the price will come down to $59, then LadybirdS is probably around the corner already
scub is offline Find More Posts by scub
Old Apr 06, 2012, 11:40 AM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scub View Post
i learned my lesson already with walkera.. especially at 90 price tag i'll wait before buying one. after you early adopters test fly and report back, i'm sure the price will come down to $59, then LadybirdS is probably around the corner already
They are only $80 and I think a STEAL at that price and I didnt even get mine yet, but soon

Out for Delivery

April 06, 2012, 9:09 am

ROCHESTER, NY
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 06, 2012, 03:46 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,951 Posts
WOW this thing is super stable and responsive at the same time. Its real windy now so hopefully later it will die down so I can try it outside.
BTW Tony if you read this yours wont flip cus you need to set the flight mode switch to active and when you flip the switch and the light goes from Red to Green WATCH OUT. Its ready for some flipping action.
Site Sponsor