Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 16, 2013, 02:03 PM
Espaņa, CL, Ávila
Joined Sep 2008
546 Posts
More proyect updates (no videos yet...)

Painted body, brake, throttle and clutch lines for scale apparence; plus new custom designed aluminium bike stand.

Hope you like it, and get some time to shot videos (my wife will...) tomorrow...

And bike stand...

See you soon.
trf_414_m2 is offline Find More Posts by trf_414_m2
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2013, 02:10 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,396 Posts
Cool tastey treats!!
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Sep 21, 2013, 04:10 PM
Espaņa, CL, Ávila
Joined Sep 2008
546 Posts
First on board video Iīve ever shot...

Iīm always involved about 1/8 scale and spare room for a camera is so small.

At the 1/4 scale CSC -MX1, thereīs plenty of room right in front of lipo battery, so I made a camera mount for an old Nokia cell phone.

This is what the camera sees through front forks...

03072013019 (2 min 6 sec)

I really enjoy the way the steering reacts when I hammer the throttle for some overpowered drifting action. (1:05 mark)

Hope you like it too.

Cesar.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:30 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,516 Posts
Cool stuff Cesar, good to see it up and running. How about some video of the bike when you can. Do you plan on hitting the dirt with it also?
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:07 AM
Joined Aug 2007
47 Posts
set up ESC and motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trf_414_m2 View Post
First on board video Iīve ever shot...

Iīm always involved about 1/8 scale and spare room for a camera is so small.

At the 1/4 scale CSC -MX1, thereīs plenty of room right in front of lipo battery, so I made a camera mount for an old Nokia cell phone.

This is what the camera sees through front forks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59VHWqwisHw

I really enjoy the way the steering reacts when I hammer the throttle for some overpowered drifting action. (1:05 mark)

Hope you like it too.

Cesar.

Hi may I know what set will be ideal for ricky ESC and motor?
hunkiedave is offline Find More Posts by hunkiedave
Old Nov 13, 2013, 11:47 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,721 Posts
Let me join in the questions since this is up top lol...Cesar, do you have any normal video of the bike that doesnt want to make me throw up? Does it work on dirt? Just the bike cruising around showing off the e-gyro balance would be nice. That seems to be something lacking in all your bike designs, is just some videos of them running. Id like to share the bike on my website if you dont mind? Send me a pm with your email in case I have questions please.
JohnnyMc is online now Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Nov 13, 2013, 02:30 PM
Espaņa, CL, Ávila
Joined Sep 2008
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Let me join in the questions since this is up top lol...Cesar, do you have any normal video of the bike that doesnt want to make me throw up? Does it work on dirt? Just the bike cruising around showing off the e-gyro balance would be nice. That seems to be something lacking in all your bike designs, is just some videos of them running. Id like to share the bike on my website if you dont mind? Send me a pm with your email in case I have questions please.
Hi Johnny.

Very few spare time to run my bikes and only two hands to do it, so itīs very difficult for me to get someone involved and take a decent camera to the track.

Kevin asked several times about running videos of my small 1/8 proyects, and heīs still waiting too...

I thought to buy a set of HD camera sunglasses, in order to shot my own videos.

Who knows...

In fact, about two months gone since last time I took the motard bike off the shelf and this is becoming normal for me.

No time/cash for hobbies, absolute lack of the needed strenght to recovery after some failed comercial proyects, Iīve found my family is the best environment to stay and I try to be with them all the time I can.

Feel free to show my bike to anyone that likes it. Thatīs what this hobby is all about...

Thanks.

Cesar.

Hi Dave.

For the Ricky bike, with its mechanical gyro setup, I would go to any 3900Kv motor and 60A esc. Take a look at the Short Course systems (550 size motors) due to the increased torque these units offer...

Mine is running a 5700Kv but it doesnīt have to spool the gyro up, so less torque and higher rpms motors can be installed-
Old Nov 13, 2013, 05:20 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,721 Posts
Well I understand about the time issue as I'm lucky if I get out to play once a month. For videos, I have a normal digital camera, like a canon powershot that I mount to front bill of a baseball cap using a 1/4" bolt and washers. Head tracking is way better than anyone holding a camera as head never shakes like hands do, so just thought Id mention that trick if you got a spare hat and small camera. I wish you the best, times are tuff for hobbies.
JohnnyMc is online now Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Nov 14, 2013, 05:28 AM
Joined Aug 2007
47 Posts
thanks for the information. As I had just burnt out my stock ESC...
hunkiedave is offline Find More Posts by hunkiedave
Old Nov 14, 2013, 12:12 PM
Espaņa, CL, Ávila
Joined Sep 2008
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post

....For videos, I have a normal digital camera, like a canon powershot that I mount to front bill of a baseball cap using a 1/4" bolt and washers....

Oh man, you requested for more videos and I have to do the same for a pic of you and that video setup...

Sure it looks so weird but efective.

Old Mar 10, 2014, 05:01 PM
Espaņa, CL, Ávila
Joined Sep 2008
546 Posts
New steering setup...

Bellcranks thrown away and a more stable advanced pivot system on the way. Custom stem (4 bearings there), triples (12mm thick lower one) and steering damper end (no ball there, just more bearings...)

36š steering travel each direction and steering damper end stays away from being hit by any of the fork tubes.

About the weird stem, keep in mind that my bike doesnīt feature a plate chassis design (I always been quite original there...) so thereīs no way to adopt the beautiful SR4 optional stem or the ARX Cusago one.

Hope you like it and any factory will copy...