Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:01 PM
I just need one more plane..
United States, VA, Fairfax
Joined Jun 2012
142 Posts
In about twenty lipos I haven't crashed the champ yet. I'm on a fuggin roll! Got down figure 8's and loops and I think they're called knife edges... got those pretty locked down. And then I got this trick down where I try to go straight up and it stalls, when it starts to fall I slam the throttle and do this corkscrew thing that looks pretty legit. Anyhow I just wanted to express my love for the champ, I went from crashing every 19 seconds to a pretty decent pilot in a month. Thinking about getting the carbon cub to try my hand at some 4ch action.
kilabean is offline Find More Posts by kilabean
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:08 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilabean View Post

Thinking about getting the carbon cub ...

Name: run.gif
Views: 28
Size: 1.8 KB
Description:

North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 13, 2012, 09:45 PM
Joined Aug 2011
226 Posts
Quote:
The cowl broke off my champ so I Modded it with stale french bread from an old hoagie I had laying around. I had to tape a piece of salami to the tail to balance it out but man that thing flies great now.

Bonus! Properly feathered in, you can't tell where the paint stops and the mustard begins!
teflon97239 is offline Find More Posts by teflon97239
Old Jul 14, 2012, 05:50 AM
United States, LA, Larose
Joined Mar 2005
177 Posts
placed wing in over inbetween two cookie pans. 230degrees for 5-7 minutes. take out then let cool. tape/glue carbon rod on.
shawn pierce is offline Find More Posts by shawn pierce
Old Jul 14, 2012, 06:24 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,838 Posts
Quote:
The cowl broke off my champ so I Modded it with stale french bread from an old hoagie I had laying around. I had to tape a piece of salami to the tail to balance it out but man that thing flies great now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn pierce View Post
placed wing in over inbetween two cookie pans. 230degrees for 5-7 minutes. take out then let cool. tape/glue carbon rod on.
This thread is starting to sound more like a baking class

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:37 AM
Chris
Canada, NS, Queensland
Joined May 2012
173 Posts
Quote:
No sprinkles?
Airhead600cc is offline Find More Posts by Airhead600cc
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:48 AM
Joined Mar 2005
177 Posts
ha could prob do the same with a heat gun. I tell you what, it flies good but was a handfull before I added expo and trim.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:20 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,421 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, bro

Quote:
ha could prob do the same with a heat gun. I tell you what, it flies good but was a handfull before I added expo and trim.
I tried using a heat gun to take the curve out of another type of foam... same thing, heat and flatten... was just an experiment on some scrap...

... there's a very fine line, when using that device, between it not doing much or destroying the foam instantly and without warning. The problem is there's no way to gauge how much heat you're applying (without sticking your hand under there... which I DON'T recommend).
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Mar 2005
177 Posts
thats true. i melted quite a few myself before
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:44 PM
DeBary, FL
Joined Nov 2010
1,420 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhead600cc View Post
No sprinkles?
Turbulators would definitely lower the stall speed, and this is a high wing cub style so lowering the high end of the speed range isn't that big a deal.
Yeah, I'd say go for it!
Looking forward to the bake log!!
jbarchuk is online now Find More Posts by jbarchuk
Old Jul 15, 2012, 01:08 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,252 Posts
Quick question? How come every time I use my DX5 to fly my Champ it needs a rebind if I use it to fly my Super Cub and vice versa. Multiple flights on the same plane no rebind. Switch and I have to rebind. What gives?
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Jul 15, 2012, 07:03 AM
I just need one more plane..
United States, VA, Fairfax
Joined Jun 2012
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
Quick question? How come every time I use my DX5 to fly my Champ it needs a rebind if I use it to fly my Super Cub and vice versa. Multiple flights on the same plane no rebind. Switch and I have to rebind. What gives?
I'm fairly certain the dx5e is a one model tx right? Yes just searched it. You can only bind one at a time. The Dx6i has a ten model memory if you want more you gotta upgrade!
kilabean is offline Find More Posts by kilabean
Old Jul 15, 2012, 07:27 AM
UMs & parkflyers... for now.
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined Apr 2012
2,762 Posts
Quote:
I'm fairly certain the dx5e is a one model tx right? Yes just searched it. You can only bind one at a time. The Dx6i has a ten model memory if you want more you gotta upgrade!
The Dx6i can store different settings for ten planes, but I have successfully bound one of the "video game" transmitters to two UM planes.

The bind process is one-way in that the receiver learns which transmitter to listen to. It transmits no signal to the transmitter-radio to identify it, as far as I know.

Are you making sure that the transmitter is powered on before the receiver... every time?

Have you tried cycling the power of the transmitter as part of the switch process? I can imagine the transmitter doing a frequency-hunting check as part of power-up.

I suggest trying this sequence... after separately binding each aircraft to the one transmitter.

1. All systems off.

2. Transmitter (Tx) on... wait for bind.
3. Aircraft A power on... wait for light.
4. Aircraft A should be ready to fly.
5. Aircraft A power off.
6. Tx power off and let settings save.

7. Tx on... wait
8. Aircraft B power on... wait for light.
9. Aircraft B should be ready to fly.
10. Aircraft B power off.
11. Tx power off and let settings save.
davidterrell80 is offline Find More Posts by davidterrell80
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by davidterrell80; Jul 15, 2012 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Correct Oops.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:54 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,421 Posts
quitcherbitchen...

I'm pretty sure the DX5e is the same as the DX4e, which I own, as far as binding goes. I have all 4 of my helis bound to it... never requiring a re-bind to fly any of them with that specific Tx. (I only need to re-bind if I switch to a different Tx like to my DX6i for example).

Yours should be doing the same.

(In fact, haven't tried it yet, but I should be able to fly them all at the same time )

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidterrell80 View Post

The bind process is one-way in that the receiver learns which transmitter to listen to. It transmits no signal to the transmitter-radio to identify it, as far as I know.

And that is probably why
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by North_of_49; Jul 15, 2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 04:46 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,252 Posts
I am using the sequence you suggested. My DX5 is new to me. I only bought it to use the buddy plug for the other Spectrum radio I already had a DX4e. I have owned about every PCM FM radio ever made(literally) and have an A9. The Champ is my first UM and got tired of the stock transmitters range. So now I think I am stuck is some rebind disorder as in maybe I should rebind them at the same time. I always have to rebind the Cub after I want to switch to the Champ. Others have told me they have no problems doing it, but I do. I know I am doing something out of sequence, but it is not the power on to off. Should I bind the Cub first using the bind plug and then the Champ? Either way I hit the trainer switch first then power on and it seems the transmitter loses the bind to the other plane.
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen