HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:33 AM
Houston Intercont, Texas, United States
Joined Jun 2001
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
If by "working with Democrats" you mean setting records for obstruction and filibusters, then yes.
I am in favor of the Republicans setting records for obstruction and filibusters if it will at least slow down the Democrats headlong rush to the left. obama, and I guess most Democrats won't be happy until the Govt. controls every part of our lives. That has got to stop ASAP.
mikefast is offline Find More Posts by mikefast
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:27 PM
AustinTatious
Hurst, Texas, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,952 Posts
Quote:
If by "working with Democrats" you mean setting records for obstruction and filibusters, then yes.
have you ever thought that perhaps the reason the repubs do this is because the left is unwilling to work with THEM?

it takes 2 to tango.
AustinTatious is offline Find More Posts by AustinTatious
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:20 AM
Ky
Joined Feb 2003
1,498 Posts
Biden's rudeness at the debate with Ryan is an indicator of how the Democrats have treated the Republicans the last four years. Obama has shown that he cannot reach across the aisle. Romney has proven that he can.
Dave Barrow is offline Find More Posts by Dave Barrow
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:00 PM
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Barrow View Post
Biden's rudeness at the debate with Ryan is an indicator of how the Democrats have treated the Republicans the last four years. Obama has shown that he cannot reach across the aisle. Romney has proven that he can.
That's interesting, Romney may be able to do that if elected, after all he is a moderate, but it's been very clear from the git go, confirmed by senate minority leader Mitch McConnell, that there will be no compromising and that the #1 priority of the right will be making Obama a one term president. These kinds of statements by one of the republican chiefs disproves your claim of bipartisanship.
Libelle201B is offline Find More Posts by Libelle201B
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:01 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:

What - as naive and outdated

Fair point
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:11 PM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libelle201B View Post
That's interesting, Romney may be able to do that if elected, after all he is a moderate, but it's been very clear from the git go, confirmed by senate minority leader Mitch McConnell, that there will be no compromising and that the #1 priority of the right will be making Obama a one term president. These kinds of statements by one of the republican chiefs disproves your claim of bipartisanship.
Not only that, the congress avoided dealing with "the cliff" and basically have decided to let it go until after the election. They are afraid to take a stand, and are letting the people decide if we want the automatic cuts to drastically take place or how it should be lined up.

This deficit reduction plan is one of the attempts to reach across the aisle. It didn't stall in the White House, it stalled in the Republican controlled house.

The presidential election and the results of the congressional elections will both play a part in the resulting strategy for cutting deficits.

The tea party segment is once again only trying to disrupt, rather than fix. We will see how they fair in November. These are the same folks who professed they wanted the US to default on the debt payment, in order to let everything reset, not worrying about how that effected the country or the people most at risk.

We now have reports the countries with the most austere plans are failing the worst since the recession, and this is what the Republicans as tea partiers, want for us. Their ignorant one minded politics needs to be swept aside.
Treetop is online now Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:53 AM
Ky
Joined Feb 2003
1,498 Posts
You are all ranting about other things than what I posted about, Romney's ability to reach across the aisle to work with Democrats. Chill out.
Dave Barrow is offline Find More Posts by Dave Barrow
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:07 AM
Milwaukee, WI
Joined Sep 2006
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTatious View Post
have you ever thought that perhaps the reason the repubs do this is because the left is unwilling to work with THEM?

it takes 2 to tango.
Obama and the Democrats have offered compromises. The fact is that that is seen as weakness and betrayal by the republicans and they refuse to give an inch. Working with Democrats has proven to cause many a primary challenge for Republicans. So yes it takes two to tango and republicans will not play along.
Sherlock is offline Find More Posts by Sherlock
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:11 AM
Milwaukee, WI
Joined Sep 2006
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefast View Post
I am in favor of the Republicans setting records for obstruction and filibusters if it will at least slow down the Democrats headlong rush to the left. obama, and I guess most Democrats won't be happy until the Govt. controls every part of our lives. That has got to stop ASAP.
Yes Republican hypocricy is on full display. They were ready to pull out the nuclear option when they were in the majority talking about the tyranny of the minority only to turn around and set records for obstructionism when they lost control.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:14 AM
Milwaukee, WI
Joined Sep 2006
377 Posts
Quote:
You are all ranting about other things than what I posted about, Romney's ability to reach across the aisle to work with Democrats. Chill out.
His ability to do so is due in part to having willing partners which is something that Obama does not have.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:39 AM
Registered Broncos Fan!
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
687 Posts
Quote:
His ability to do so is due in part to having willing partners which is something that Obama does not have.
Compromise, lol. You throw that word about as if the Democrats ever actually do that. Oh, I know all too well that in the Dems minds, compromise is just getting a little less than they originally wanted, while giving nothing in return. They know they can always make up the balance later, the next time the cry about 'compromise'. But someone tell me, while they slowly whittle away the 2nd amendment, have the Dems ever given an inch on abortion? Compromise, yeah right.

Well compromise. I'm glad Obama hit stone walls, it illustrated the Democrats lack of ability to 'compromise'.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:46 AM
Houston Intercont, Texas, United States
Joined Jun 2001
122 Posts
Quote:
Yes Republican hypocricy is on full display. They were ready to pull out the nuclear option when they were in the majority talking about the tyranny of the minority only to turn around and set records for obstructionism when they lost control.
You can call it hypocricy, I call it being Patriotic Americans. obama and his gang have moved us so far to the left that it is time to say "NO MORE". Now I suppose you like that. You want more and bigger Govt. I, and many like me do not. I think people should be able to take a little responsibility for their own actions.
mikefast is offline Find More Posts by mikefast
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:14 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Please save us all from 'Patriots'
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:15 AM
Registered Broncos Fan!
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
Please save us all from 'Patriots'
I doubt you have anything to worry about.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:16 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b-E View Post
I doubt you have anything to worry about.
When someone tells me they are patriotic, that conjours images of xenophobia