HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2014, 01:04 AM
Joined Oct 2014
9 Posts
Cleaning the inside of the lens

I found this guide to loosening the glue on the lens

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=993

The guide is in the video section of the FAQ. It seems best located in the camera section of the FAQ? One part of the FAQ mentions a mod to make it easier to focus the lens - with no mention that this will be very difficult to do - so this guide could be added to that mod.

Edit: The dirt has come off after a few flights and a crash or two:-) So no problems now.
andrewedwardjudd is offline Find More Posts by andrewedwardjudd
Last edited by andrewedwardjudd; Yesterday at 07:22 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2014, 09:33 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,129 Posts
I read the first few posts, so I did thread protocol
I have an issue, I can get the camera to turn on and off, but the second button to turn on and off video isn't, well, putting it in video mode(three yellow flashes). Im using a class 10 16gb san disk so that's not an issue, if it helps troubleshoot I couldn't get the GUI to recognize it either. The button is working, I can feel it depress, it hasn't been any crashes or any trauma lately, and I tried everything fully charged as well.
Is there something I can do to get my perfect little cam working again? Or do I need to buy new one or a part?
airpower is online now Find More Posts by airpower
Old Yesterday, 07:11 AM
Joined Oct 2014
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
I have an issue, I can get the camera to turn on and off, but the second button to turn on and off video isn't, well, putting it in video mode(three yellow flashes). Im using a class 10 16gb san disk so that's not an issue, if it helps troubleshoot I couldn't get the GUI to recognize it either. The button is working, I can feel it depress, it hasn't been any crashes or any trauma lately, and I tried everything fully charged as well.
Is there something I can do to get my perfect little cam working again? Or do I need to buy new one or a part?
Pretty sure the FAQ/PDF says it is best not to use a class higher than 4 or you may get issues, and in any case you will get no better performance than a class 4.

The drive also has to be formatted to FAT32 or it will not work.
andrewedwardjudd is offline Find More Posts by andrewedwardjudd
Last edited by andrewedwardjudd; Yesterday at 07:20 AM.
Old Yesterday, 08:04 AM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewedwardjudd View Post
Pretty sure the FAQ/PDF says it is best not to use a class higher than 4 or you may get issues, and in any case you will get no better performance than a class 4.

The drive also has to be formatted to FAT32 or it will not work.
Almost correct, Class 10 cards can cause problems, and Sandisk are high on the list (maybe 'cos the sell a lot of discounted cards), but the problem is not solid - some do and some don't, and even some work in one camera but not an other,
It is RECOMENDED that you use class 4 cards, and there is no speed or quality improvement to be had using a card faster than class 4 - even class2 cards work ok.
If you read the instructions, you will find the camera has a built in formater, that is the best bet.
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Yesterday, 08:22 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
Three yellow flashes is normal and shows the camera is recording, or should be recording. It depends on your parameter settings if the LED continues to blink afterwards.
It's very likely you have two problems.
Problem 1: Your card. You should avoid Sandisk at all costs. They have the most problems. Like others have posted, class 4 is best, but NOT Sandisk!
Problem 2: If the GUI doesn't recognize your camera there is a cable or USB port problem. Always connect the camera to your PC directly, without going thru a hub. Use the thickest and shortest USB cable you can find. Try another port/PC/cable.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Joined Jul 2010
75 Posts
Hello all, I have a problem with my camera, and when pointing towards the sun, the video is too bright and clear, and there is absolutely nothing the image. However, with the sun against recording quite well.
I recorded a video to show you the problem:
chapuzon 1 (2 min 20 sec)

Any help is welcome, thank you very much !!
Mikel32 is online now Find More Posts by Mikel32
Old Yesterday, 10:21 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,129 Posts
Bought a class 4 16gb Kingston, thanks everyone!

Mikel32, I'm no expert with these, but that sounds pretty normal with these tiny CMOS cameras
airpower is online now Find More Posts by airpower
Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikel32 View Post
Hello all, I have a problem with my camera, and when pointing towards the sun, the video is too bright and clear, and there is absolutely nothing the image. However, with the sun against recording quite well.
I recorded a video to show you the problem:
https://vimeo.com/110575292
Any help is welcome, thank you very much !!
Every camera made has a similar problem, and it looks like your situation makes it even worse due to fog, smog, or some other kind of haze in the air which disperses the sunlight over an even wider area. Sorry, there is nothing the camera can do to make a normal video under those conditions. Just assume when you fly that if you want good video, don't fly into a bright sun like that.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank