HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 04, 2013, 12:27 AM
eff
Joined Nov 2010
34 Posts
Mr Viggen,

Do you have to replace the DFC main shaft or its ok to keep using it despite shorter length. I do have a 700dfc as well n wondering do i need to replace the shaft for any fuselage.
eff is offline Find More Posts by eff
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2013, 04:41 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eff View Post
Mr Viggen,

Do you have to replace the DFC main shaft or its ok to keep using it despite shorter length. I do have a 700dfc as well n wondering do i need to replace the shaft for any fuselage.
hard to say aktually,almost in all fuseads it says no efl,i was planning to put mine trex in a jetranger fuse but in that case the mast shouldt be to low due the scalelook,i think for the convience its best to swap the dfc head for a normal one if putting in a fuse,in my seaking i have a small scale mech where im gone take the electronics out frm my trx dfc and put in the seaking,another thing to take in consideration is that on the never ones the attaching holes are different from the old ones and due this they dont match the holes that are predrilled in many of the fuses,also if to lower the mech theres to be major mods to the newer ones as they dont match when for instance its needed to transfer part to the supplied
chassiesides that are based on the older trx E.

if to put a newer trex in a scale the best thing i think would be to get a fuselage without glued bulkheads in,also a one thats not need to lowering the tailbom,in that case everything can be adapted around the mechanics and not as in the others that comes pretty much arf,also if in the end its a dfc the head maybe need to be changed to a normal one depending on the look of the fuselage.

Cheers
Jack
viggen65 is offline Find More Posts by viggen65
Old May 05, 2013, 12:05 AM
eff
Joined Nov 2010
34 Posts
thank you indeed, as such i just need to standby the longer shaft then, just in case
eff is offline Find More Posts by eff
Old May 08, 2013, 02:46 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Today i ordered a set of spinblades for the SK,i was pending betveen the SM narrow plasticblades but something in my mind told to choose the spinblades with asymetrical profile,has anyone some experience and can give feedback on the spinblades,also the narrow plastic blades if possible?

Cheers
Jack
Old May 08, 2013, 03:13 PM
Lets get the HUEY up
bolton england
Joined Jan 2009
235 Posts
This is a very interesting build Jack keep up the good work i think we need a few more pictures so we can see how its coming along

phil.
madphil is offline Find More Posts by madphil
Old May 08, 2013, 06:58 PM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,380 Posts
All indications from many users is that the Spinblades will be the way to go. I think that most that have used the plastic blades have commented that they are hard to track and have too much flex for larger heavy models. You cannot be certain until you give them a try as there have been a few that have had no issues with them, but not too many. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is online now Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old May 09, 2013, 01:11 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger View Post
All indications from many users is that the Spinblades will be the way to go. I think that most that have used the plastic blades have commented that they are hard to track and have too much flex for larger heavy models. You cannot be certain until you give them a try as there have been a few that have had no issues with them, but not too many. Take care.

Don
thanks for the info, Rca in US have the scale narrow in stock (5 ps) to reduced
price but it seem that not many are using the 700 size one,i would give them a try but for initial flighttests im prefering more stiffnes in the blades.

Cheers
Jack
Old May 09, 2013, 07:32 AM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viggen65 View Post
Today i ordered a set of spinblades for the SK,i was pending betveen the SM narrow plasticblades but something in my mind told to choose the spinblades with asymetrical profile,has anyone some experience and can give feedback on the spinblades,also the narrow plastic blades if possible?

Cheers
Jack
Hi Jack,

I have HAD used the SM/TF plastic asymetrical 600mm blades and they did well for a year, however my Apache is now shaking his guts out when spooling up with them...When I use two other sets of 600 symetrical blades (Sab) then its oke.

So forget the plastic ones if you ask me, they performed well but they do not last..
So I have just ordered a set of blades from Blattschied from Germany and will try them.
And they have also left hand rotating blades sets 3,4,5 blades so for my Blackhawk I have found finally a solution as Smartmodels stays silent.

Regards,

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Old May 09, 2013, 10:48 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Hi Jack,

I have HAD used the SM/TF plastic asymetrical 600mm blades and they did well for a year, however my Apache is now shaking his guts out when spooling up with them...When I use two other sets of 600 symetrical blades (Sab) then its oke.

So forget the plastic ones if you ask me, they performed well but they do not last..
So I have just ordered a set of blades from Blattschied from Germany and will try them.
And they have also left hand rotating blades sets 3,4,5 blades so for my Blackhawk I have found finally a solution as Smartmodels stays silent.

Regards,

Jan,
Hi Jan,good to hear from you again.

thanks for the info regarding the blades,to pending betveen CF or plastic the choice was easy,glad that yours Apache are feeling well with normal blades.

About Sm...just a sad story,a rise and fall of a empire...

Cheers
Jack