HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:51 AM
Aloft Hobbies
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,567 Posts
Audio port is next to the trainer port, while SD slot is located in battery bay.

I'm not aware of the battery, but I know I strongly suggested not Lipo early in the design as it is a MAJOR shipping issue these days (as well as the other concerns listed above). In the USA, Japan, Canada and others it is virtually impossible to legally ship anything with a Lipo without classify it as a hazardous shipment. (I believe this issue is the same for LiFe cells also.) Hazardous shipping is expensive and slow.

-Wayne
Rotozuk is offline Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:57 AM
Hey was that a Thermal ????
Joined Nov 2009
2,448 Posts
Holy Cow....Do you guys want a coffee maker and built in hand warmer as well!!!??

Give a light weight, ergonomic, reliable radio and I am happy. I am in a position where I will either fly this new radio or keep hunting old 72 JR's to convert.

Simply put this system is super reliable and I can run the RX's on a single cell Lipo which is golden in DLG's

If this thing is as versatile as some of the new 6channel radios, keeps the reliability and is priced right it will be a home run. The FrSky system is the ONLY system I really want to use in my DLG's.

Paul
The_Builder is offline Find More Posts by The_Builder
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:07 AM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Builder View Post
Holy Cow....Do you guys want a coffee maker and built in hand warmer as well!!!??

Paul
No not a coffee maker but a tea dispenser would be nice http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/im...s/rolleyes.gif

Terry
Terry Rigden is offline Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:10 AM
Hey was that a Thermal ????
Joined Nov 2009
2,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Rigden View Post
No not a coffee maker but a tea dispenser would be nice http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/im...s/rolleyes.gif

Terry
I could handle that, maybe hot cider as well.

Okay folks so when and how much !?!?!?!

Paul
The_Builder is offline Find More Posts by The_Builder
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:13 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Dec 2010
39 Posts
Is the X9D going to need a new FCC certification, or will the old 2.4 module certifications cover this radio? If new is required has the lab work been completed and submitted? I guess what I am interested in is when will it be legal in the US? What is the US price going to be through Aloft? I assume (hope?) HK will not be distributing due to the conflict with their own radio, 9XR.
indyjem is offline Find More Posts by indyjem
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:15 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,262 Posts
Same hardware, different modulation/protocol, no recertification needed
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:51 AM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyjem View Post
What is the US price going to be through Aloft? I assume (hope?) HK will not be distributing due to the conflict with their own radio, 9XR.
Well if the postage from aloft to Europe is something reasonable I would hope that too
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:09 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
1,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xairflyer View Post
Cant see how it could be totally compatible for JR & Futaba, they may make the module suit both but JR and Futaba have other differences like channel allocation
The new Futaba 14SG is FHSS, FASST, and FASSTest compatible. So I don't see why a manufacturer can't make a single Tx with both Spektrum and FASST built-in out of the box.

If the new FrSky Tx's are both Spektrum and FASST compatible, it'll instantly make FrSky a player in the RC market rather than some niche company. And I'll be a huge FrSky fan!
Left Coast DJ is online now Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:41 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa View Post
Well if the postage from aloft to Europe is something reasonable I would hope that too
Why ?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:09 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,267 Posts
well, if the postage is about the same as from HK, guess where I would prefer to buy?
Many people are not made of money and have to go where is cheaper.. I would prefer to buy from aloft but the money plays a big roll.. I tried, but I couldn't make it grow in the garden yet
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:13 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2006
4,244 Posts
Wayne's shipping isn't expensive, at least for small things. I have however been hard by the customs both times I ordered from him
Now I found a distributor in my country who has very good prices, with only cheap domestic shipping, no customs and I get the gear the next day, so its's great
Kilrah is online now Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:28 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,262 Posts
Quote:
well, if the postage is about the same as from HK, guess where I would prefer to buy?
Many people are not made of money and have to go where is cheaper.. I would prefer to buy from aloft but the money plays a big roll.. I tried, but I couldn't make it grow in the garden yet
Dream buying this from HK ?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:06 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,613 Posts
Quote:
Main problem may be customs, extra taxes may kill a good price.
IceWind is offline Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:06 PM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,514 Posts
The X9D doesnt look like it will balance on a neckstrap basedon the position of eye. did the original molding have that problem?
ChrisJ800 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:13 PM
Quincy IL
Joined Jul 2006
499 Posts
The 9 channel transmitter with native FrSky telemetry and a HK JR DSM2/DSMX makes it a excellent item to sell as you have telemetry at 1/2 ~ 1/4 the price of any alternative and it would fly all the Eflight and Parkzone BNF planes. Want telemetry with the Parkzones just buy the PNP version and drop in a FrSky receiver and telemetry equipment as needed.

IMNSHO just what the market needs. Should satisify the needs of about 95% of the market.
Hugh P is online now Find More Posts by Hugh P
Closed Thread