7,858 Posts
Thanks AlphaK
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2012, 11:00 AM
United States, MD, Glen Burnie
Joined Mar 2012
331 Posts
can some people post pics of there setup? pics of how they have there receiver and batteries hooked up im getting the slick and plan on going with a dle 30cc and i want the easiest setup because i dont wanna deal with alot of wires.
VENOMiTry is offline Find More Posts by VENOMiTry
Old Apr 06, 2012, 12:32 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VENOMiTry View Post
can some people post pics of there setup? pics of how they have there receiver and batteries hooked up im getting the slick and plan on going with a dle 30cc and i want the easiest setup because i dont wanna deal with alot of wires.
I will... but we aren't that far yet. Stay tuned... should have them in the next week or so.

Here are some pics of my build just to tide you over The electrical setup will be showing up in this same album when it is done.

http://imageshack.us/g/818/img0445nl.jpg/
Old Apr 06, 2012, 01:15 PM
Joined Mar 2012
331 Posts
nice build looks good so far. this will be my first gas plane so im new to using voltage regs and all that stuff thats not on small electric planes but im getting help from an expert with my build just incase so i dont mess up. if using servos that are rated for 7.4v can you use a 7.4v lipo receiver battery without a regulator?
Old Apr 06, 2012, 02:10 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,858 Posts
Quote:
nice build looks good so far. this will be my first gas plane so im new to using voltage regs and all that stuff thats not on small electric planes but im getting help from an expert with my build just incase so i dont mess up. if using servos that are rated for 7.4v can you use a 7.4v lipo receiver battery without a regulator?
I plan to use an unregulated 2s lipo for rx and servos. I am using HV servos and a hitec Optima 9x rx. I will be using an unregulated 2s LiFe pack on my ignition. The only place I was ever planning to use a voltage regulator was going to be on my throttle servo but I ened up just getting another HV servo for throttle as well.

If you end up going a route where you need to tone down the votage for just one servo or something you can just put a cheap bec in line with the servo from the rx. valuehobby.com has one for $7.99. I will also be getting my packs there. The LiFe pack is pretty cheap too... like $8-$9.
Old Apr 06, 2012, 08:05 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,497 Posts
On a DLE engine you will want a 4.8 battery of 5 volt regulator. The higher voltages burn the ignitions up.
Mine has a miss to it till it bleed off a little voltage and I'm running a 2000mah niMH
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Apr 06, 2012, 11:00 PM
Joined Mar 2012
331 Posts
yea this is why im asking cause im a little confused on the setups for gas. im using a 6 channel receiver is that enough channels for a gas setup? and if i have all hv servos could i plug a 7.4v lipo right into the receiver? i might have that all wrong im not sure like i said its my first gasser. and dont worry i have plenty of experience with flying so.
Old Apr 06, 2012, 11:55 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,858 Posts
Quote:
yea this is why im asking cause im a little confused on the setups for gas. im using a 6 channel receiver is that enough channels for a gas setup? and if i have all hv servos could i plug a 7.4v lipo right into the receiver? i might have that all wrong im not sure like i said its my first gasser. and dont worry i have plenty of experience with flying so.
You just want to make sure your rx can handle the voltage. What system are you using?
Old Apr 07, 2012, 08:33 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,497 Posts
You'll need to regulate that LiFe to 5 volts for the Ignition. other than that your good to go.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Apr 07, 2012, 08:49 AM
Wannabe 3D Pilot
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Nov 2006
1,187 Posts
I run dual unregulated Cheeta 6.6v 1700mah LiFe packs from BPHobbies.com for my receivers/servos.. and a single 1450mah 4.8v NiMh pack for my ignition.

I use Futaba s3051HV metal gear/high voltage servos on all surfaces and a regular JT ST47BB servo for my throttle

I recently picked up a pair of 1100mah 6.6v LiFe Packs from ValueHobby.com for a Goldwing 70" Extra 260.... amazing low price and they are working out great,

Flyracer
flyracer is online now Find More Posts by flyracer
Old Apr 07, 2012, 02:34 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,858 Posts
sweet! glad to hear those valuehobby packs are working out.
Old Apr 09, 2012, 07:44 PM
ProBro, 3D
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Jul 2008
946 Posts
I've been using 2-1100mAh LiFe from HK USA for Ignit. and Rx without issue. I use 2 diodes inline on the Ignit. to lower the voltage to under 6v. Running the Rx batteries at full voltage. Amazingly good for less than $5 each. I've just recently saw that VH is now selling them also, so it's good to see another source for inexpensive LiFe batteries. I always used real A123's prior to these, but these seem to be working great so far.....time will tell if they hold up. I only use LiFe to power all of my glow rx's as well as gassers and like to be able to fast charge at the field since I usually take two or three airplanes out to fly. DG
gregory.da is offline Find More Posts by gregory.da
Old Apr 09, 2012, 08:56 PM
Joined Mar 2012
331 Posts
i just ordered my slick cant wait to get it but it sucks i gotta wait a week cause i had to pre order it and 3dhs wont be there on the 12th to the 17th so it will kill me with the wait
Old Apr 09, 2012, 09:39 PM
Wannabe 3D Pilot
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Nov 2006
1,187 Posts
I hate waiting!
flyracer is online now Find More Posts by flyracer
Old Apr 09, 2012, 10:24 PM
Joined Mar 2012
331 Posts
i only have enough money for the plane right now so i gotta wait so long till i save up enough to buy the engine and servos and all that stuff but at least ill have the plane to stare at for awhile