HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:18 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,390 Posts
Just come in and start speaking. I am in the shop but I can hear any talking in webex!
DoctorAudio is online now Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:31 PM
I find it rather unseemly!
United States, IN, Earl Park
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve34 View Post
Hi guys , I just wanted to share some pics of my quad and what Ive done with it. I bought a Hero3 silver and wanted a way to carry it while flying FPV without having it underslung in the middle. I also dont want the props in the view and I also wanted something of a flat bottom so I can land with GoPro on board and also while flying FPV ( my solution is instead of 'legs' my quad now has a 'foot') . I am just trying out for the first time a Rangelink radio and so mounting the RX antenna was a challenge. My solution seems to work although I need more range testing. I need to get my friend out with me and then I can see if it works good. I test flew it with the rangelink today and it flew fine very close in just hovering so didnt tell me much. Feedback is very welcome. thanks

http://imgur.com/a/bbTaE

edit: Also to WiteSpy those motors you sent out to me are working sweet ! Thanks a bunch !
Nice copter! If you don't mind me asking, what is your total weight? Have you been able to do anymore testing with your Rangelink?
grizzledcamudgen is offline Find More Posts by grizzledcamudgen
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:29 PM
United States, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Dec 2009
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketIII View Post
I was looking for some help, bought a Witespy quad off E bay, brand new I guess he was getting rid of some older models this is the setup (TMF AQ50D Pro Multicopter Flight Stabilization Controller ). Any way i have flown about 15 packs through it and it has been a joy to fly, yesterday on my morning flight about 50 yards out and 200 feet it up it went dead , about ten feet from the ground it regained power and i was able to give it full throttle and no harm done. Three packs after that no issues, last pack of the day the low battery alarm beeped once so i started bring it down, total loss of power at about 75 feet. Hit pretty hard broke off on arm and all of the landing gear. Sorry to be long winded just trying to figure out the total loss of power. DX6 radio, new batteries..thanks in advance.
RocketIII, I bought the same quad at about the same time as you. It has been flawless until today when it went dead and dropped to the ground . I was doing zoom 540 stall turns and pirouetting down from high when it just quit! It broke 3 of the landing gear but was otherwise O.K. ; everything checked out so I flew the rest of that battery and three more with no problems. After thinking about the crash for a while, I don't think I had any kind of equipment failure --- I think I probably held low throttle and left rudder long enough to dis-arm the motors! So the FC was doing exactly what it was supposed to do! I don't know the details of your first crash, but is it possible you might have done the same thing?
Ron244 is offline Find More Posts by Ron244
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:51 PM
Joined Feb 2012
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzledcamudgen View Post
Nice copter! If you don't mind me asking, what is your total weight? Have you been able to do anymore testing with your Rangelink?
I haven't got the total weight yet but I will get that and post it here. I haven't had any good weather so I have not done the range tests yet that I have planned . Winter sucks
Steve34 is offline Find More Posts by Steve34
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:04 AM
Got toys?
pearl city, hi
Joined Feb 2005
714 Posts
Lookie what the mailman delivered

Thanks Paul...
My quad w/ extra accessories arrived today. One week from assembling at Clearwater, FL to delivery at Pearl City, HI. A friend let me fly his DJI Naza/GPS quad yesterday, and demonstrated FS RTH w/ landing. Since POTUS will be vacationing only a mile from our flying field, grounding all RC activity from 12/17 to 1/6 or so, I'll have lots of time getting acquainted with my quad and configuring it with my DX6i. Here's a coupla pics.
kenhiraihnl is offline Find More Posts by kenhiraihnl
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:56 AM
Joined Nov 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwenger View Post
I'm trying to connect my Witespy quad to my PC and it doesn't seem to read to sensors when I click 'start'. All I get is a straight brown line in Multiwiiconf and the LED next to the usb socket on the Quadrino board flickers. Any ideas?
Did you get the bluetooth option? I was having this problem with mine as well and found out that with the bluetooth module connected you will not be able to connect via usb, but only via bluetooth. You can unplug the bluetooth and usb will work.
Dervish is offline Find More Posts by Dervish
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:32 AM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhiraihnl View Post
Thanks Paul...
My quad w/ extra accessories arrived today. One week from assembling at Clearwater, FL to delivery at Pearl City, HI. A friend let me fly his DJI Naza/GPS quad yesterday, and demonstrated FS RTH w/ landing. Since POTUS will be vacationing only a mile from our flying field, grounding all RC activity from 12/17 to 1/6 or so, I'll have lots of time getting acquainted with my quad and configuring it with my DX6i. Here's a coupla pics.
Looks great!! Welcome to the WiteSpy Family!!
AlanFlorida is offline Find More Posts by AlanFlorida
Old Dec 07, 2012, 05:38 PM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve34 View Post
I haven't got the total weight yet but I will get that and post it here. I haven't had any good weather so I have not done the range tests yet that I have planned . Winter sucks
I was just curious on the weight of your copter there. What is the expected range with that? I'm eventually wanting to extend my reach, just being nosey!
Yeah winter blows!
Old Dec 07, 2012, 05:42 PM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhiraihnl View Post
Thanks Paul...
If ya get that RTH setup, give me a hollar, I got the same...well the copter that is. I'm TX with a Devo12s. I was just thinking of pointers or tips and want not.
Thanks!

Nice pics, Have fun!
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:15 AM
Joined Oct 2006
314 Posts
Hey y'all,

Just wanted to reiterate what everyone else here already knows, that witespy (Paul) is one of the best in the biz right now. Not only is the end product top notch, but the support is also first class, and he goes well out of his way for his customers. There aren't many people, let alone business owners, that you can reach at 1AM on a Friday to have something shipped on a Saturday morning. He is definitely dedicated to this sport, and more importantly, to his customer base. I'm currently on a road trip (and have been for 4 months) and each time I've had to order something, it has always been to a different location. This time it was no different, if anything I had more special requests in regards to shipping. Paul gladly is making it happen, and I felt the need to publicly thank him this time. I started this road trip with little knowledge of multirotors, and witespy is the main reason why after 4 months/15k miles, and 38 states, my quad has given me no problems, survived several crashes with no or minimal damage, and helped record tons of aerial memories from around the country. I first started out with the basic Naza set up at the beginning of the trip, and because its so stable and powerful out of the box, I quickly was able to modify and add functionality without a sweat. Now, I've got it closer to where I want it to be: fpv, mini OSD, Gopro Hero3, GPS add-on, Turnigy 9x/Frsky, many of these parts which came from Paul. If the witespy hadn't been such a great platform, there is no doubt that I would have never have gotten this far in the few months I've been into multirotors. Hopefully some of the few dozen people I've recommended witespy to after seeing my quad in action will or have already joined the witespy family!

Thanks again Paul!
dartmouth01 is offline Find More Posts by dartmouth01
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:09 AM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartmouth01 View Post
Hey y'all,

Just wanted to reiterate what everyone else here already knows, that witespy (Paul) is one of the best in the biz right now. Not only is the end product top notch, but the support is also first class, and he goes well out of his way for his customers. There aren't many people, let alone business owners, that you can reach at 1AM on a Friday to have something shipped on a Saturday morning. He is definitely dedicated to this sport, and more importantly, to his customer base. I'm currently on a road trip (and have been for 4 months) and each time I've had to order something, it has always been to a different location. This time it was no different, if anything I had more special requests in regards to shipping. Paul gladly is making it happen, and I felt the need to publicly thank him this time. I started this road trip with little knowledge of multirotors, and witespy is the main reason why after 4 months/15k miles, and 38 states, my quad has given me no problems, survived several crashes with no or minimal damage, and helped record tons of aerial memories from around the country. I first started out with the basic Naza set up at the beginning of the trip, and because its so stable and powerful out of the box, I quickly was able to modify and add functionality without a sweat. Now, I've got it closer to where I want it to be: fpv, mini OSD, Gopro Hero3, GPS add-on, Turnigy 9x/Frsky, many of these parts which came from Paul. If the witespy hadn't been such a great platform, there is no doubt that I would have never have gotten this far in the few months I've been into multirotors. Hopefully some of the few dozen people I've recommended witespy to after seeing my quad in action will or have already joined the witespy family!

Thanks again Paul!
+1, I agree!
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:39 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartmouth01 View Post
Hey y'all,

Thanks again Paul!
Awesome feedback for a well deserving WiteSpy!! Love all my WiteSpy Quads!! +1
AlanFlorida is offline Find More Posts by AlanFlorida
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:06 PM
United States, IN, Schererville
Joined Jan 2004
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanFlorida View Post
I have to add to this! I got started with quads a year ago and the Best move I made was buying from Paul! His builds are second to none and he`s always willing to help when needed! I recently had a need for motor he no longer sells and he was kind enough to help me out Big Time! I do feel sorry for him as I`m sure he has no free time with helping everyone out all the time!
nike25 is online now Find More Posts by nike25
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:50 PM
Palm Bay, FL
Joined Nov 2005
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanFlorida View Post
I am finding it impossible to get a response from witespy. I am
wanting to place an order but want to ask a question, and I
get no answer. Trying to find out what may be the problem.
Any body else have a problem??????
grnd0 is offline Find More Posts by grnd0
Old Dec 08, 2012, 04:08 PM
Joined Oct 2006
314 Posts
I've had the best luck calling him. His number is at the top of the FAQ page on his site.
dartmouth01 is offline Find More Posts by dartmouth01