HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 13, 2011, 08:57 PM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jan 2011
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klippie View Post
No wonder both have flying problems check out the chunks missing from the blades...
They both fly so well still!!!

I've done the research on TBE too but am not too concerned with it as air currents in the house are a bigger effect.
edit: Nice solve Verewolf!

Just thought I'd share for those who are wondering if they are rugged; yup, they are!

Terry - I get that same glitch from the TX with no spring, happened first time I tried to fly but has gotten very rare now. Was afraid I broke the TX at first!
devilsbite is offline Find More Posts by devilsbite
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2011, 09:47 PM
Joined Feb 2011
81 Posts
It's because without the spring it's easy to have the control lever barely on. I've learned to always check it right after a 'landing'.
I played with both copters last night at 2:01 AM and went back in time.
Now I'm one minute out of sync with the rest of the world...world
terrydec is offline Find More Posts by terrydec
Old Mar 13, 2011, 10:06 PM
Gillette, WY
Joined Feb 2011
55 Posts
I'm sorry to post but I have to retire my S107, I am learning to fly a align trex 450 pro and the rudder on the SYMA being on the wrong side is confusing me a little in training when using DX7.
tshelby73 is offline Find More Posts by tshelby73
Old Mar 13, 2011, 10:30 PM
Vroooom putta putta putta
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshelby73 View Post
I'm sorry to post but I have to retire my S107, I am learning to fly a align trex 450 pro and the rudder on the SYMA being on the wrong side is confusing me a little in training when using DX7.
That happens.

I like Mode 4 controlled 4CH helicopters because the transition is seamless, the additional channel is on the left stick and otherwise control is the same as for a 3CH. Mode 2 next best. Sadly this probably just postpones my inevitable re-learning though: I have a Mode 1 4CH on the way.
SubtleT is offline Find More Posts by SubtleT
Old Mar 14, 2011, 03:56 AM
Joined Mar 2011
277 Posts
Anyone purchased from this guy? Free shipping to Canada as well..

http://cgi.ebay.ca/METAL-GYRO-Syma-S...item2a0e594bae
RCHeli11 is offline Find More Posts by RCHeli11
Old Mar 14, 2011, 04:46 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,017 Posts
After 75 counted flights (real number will be more like over 100, since I didn't start counting right away) mine is still rock solid in hover. Spot landings on a little platter that is used to put a mug on is still a breeze. Amazing how such a small heli can be so stable even close to the ground.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 14, 2011, 05:09 AM
Ooops!!!
Farnborough, UK
Joined Jan 2011
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHeli11 View Post
What are so far the best mods to remove weight out of the S107, and what parts did you guys replace with?
Side panels cut down, tail boom furniture removed, flybar weights removed and picooz tail rotor. It's fast ( for indoors) and stable, slight forward creep.
smokey325 is offline Find More Posts by smokey325
Old Mar 14, 2011, 08:15 AM
Joined Jan 2007
105 Posts
Quote:
Anyone purchased from this guy? Free shipping to Canada as well..

http://cgi.ebay.ca/METAL-GYRO-Syma-S...item2a0e594bae
When a seller on eBay has a lot of Feedbacks, some over a thousand,
it's a job looking up all the negative and neutral reasons for those Feedbacks.
Easy way is to go to the site below, put in the seller's name and you get the results immediately.

Go here: http://www.toolhaus.org/

It's a good idea to check the reason for the negative and neutral feedback
as a lot of times the buyer leaves it for a stupid reason.
Also a good seller will usually add a note in the feedback addressing the problem.
Verewolf is offline Find More Posts by Verewolf
Old Mar 14, 2011, 09:44 AM
Joined Mar 2011
277 Posts
smokey325: Nice.. I noticed the tail motor is flipped upside down, did you find doing so better?

For those who got many 107s, do you buy them separately (without the TX controller, USB cable, etc), and if so, from where?
Last edited by RCHeli11; Mar 14, 2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 09:57 AM
Vroooom putta putta putta
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
I have bought "bare" S107s from RC Fever and had good experiences. Delivery takes time, and shipping may lead you to look at bundling small parts and such to get better value: they price shipping based on weight in increments.

They also have a few helicopters in the S107-class that you don't see often elsewhere.
SubtleT is offline Find More Posts by SubtleT
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:09 AM
Joined Mar 2011
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubtleT View Post
I have bought "bare" S107s from RC Fever and had good experiences. Delivery takes time, and shipping may lead you to look at bundling small parts and such to get better value: they price shipping based on weight in increments.

They also have a few helicopters in the S107-class that you don't see often elsewhere.
Yup, well, thats so far the only place which offers bare 107s that I could find, but the shipping to Canada kills the deal completely. Its actually cheaper to get complete 107s from elsewhere for the same final price. So am looking for other places that sell them bare.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 01:42 PM
Want heli used electonics
United States, WA, Pasco
Joined Mar 2011
184 Posts
Do any of you have experience with Atmel ATtiny microcontroller? I'm strongly suspecting that the S107's microcontroller is one but I don't normally deal with them.

Michael
michaelstoops is offline Find More Posts by michaelstoops
Old Mar 14, 2011, 03:10 PM
Ooops!!!
Farnborough, UK
Joined Jan 2011
94 Posts
Quote:
smokey325: Nice.. I noticed the tail motor is flipped upside down, did you find doing so better?

For those who got many 107s, do you buy them separately (without the TX controller, USB cable, etc), and if so, from where?
The motor is rotated because the rotor pitch is opposite to the Syma original. I will swap the wires to the tail motor which means it can be rotated back when I've got the soldering iron out, I'm working on a 'stealth' version with another 107 so it shouldn't be too long.

The last two I bought without tx's from RC Fever.
smokey325 is offline Find More Posts by smokey325
Old Mar 14, 2011, 03:44 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,437 Posts
I went to the Lebanon flea market this Sat in Pa.
At least 4 different people were selling new Syma 107Gs in the box. One had a different name on it (Shark?) I think. It said S107 on the heli but don't recall if it said Syma on the box or not. They were going for between $30-$35.
the guy was hovering, then slapping it out of the air onto the pavement. For the same price shipped, I'd not buy at the flea market but it in many cases was better than the other usd junk people were buying. LOL

One guy was test flying the helis for the customers (quick 10 second hover).

I still saw lots of 3 and 2ch no gyro helis that were being unloaded for $15-$25
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Last edited by Melnic; Oct 12, 2011 at 09:31 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:00 PM
Joined Dec 2004
115 Posts
Smokey....did ctuuing down the pannels really help??? May be Dremmel time!!

Side note, I have some picooz type tail rotor blades sitting that I was going to list for sale. Anyone interested??????????
mphsjeep is offline Find More Posts by mphsjeep