HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Jim T. Graham, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 04, 2008, 03:17 PM
closed
Gilbert AZ
Joined Jun 2001
9,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme
Thanks.

Your explanation was MUCH easier to understand than mine.

Me Too. But What if you have 500 # person in the front. Never mind that person will not fit in the airplane.
fly4fun is offline Find More Posts by fly4fun
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2008, 03:28 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4fun
Me Too. But What if you have 500 # person in the front. Never mind that person will not fit in the airplane.
In that case, with the YAK, you will have 500# of extra weight ON the CG, not BEHIND the CG.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Jan 09, 2008, 06:24 AM
Buzz Run Extraordinare!
USA, MI, Sanford
Joined Jul 2006
2,371 Posts
so what do we call Terry then, ruski?
b-29er is offline Find More Posts by b-29er
Old Jan 09, 2008, 09:05 AM
closed
Gilbert AZ
Joined Jun 2001
9,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme
In that case, with the YAK, you will have 500# of extra weight ON the CG, not BEHIND the CG.
You are correct on that one.
fly4fun is offline Find More Posts by fly4fun
Old Jan 09, 2008, 07:06 PM
The Lipos cost how much?!
Toluca Lake, Ca USA
Joined Apr 2004
194 Posts
Lol

I suppose you in direct competition with the "Chocolate Thunder from down under"! Sorry, I just had to do it.

Pumi

PS-for those scratcing your heads right now, the Chocolate Thunder from down under is the name of a cake dessert at Outback Steakhouse.
pumi is offline Find More Posts by pumi
Old Jan 11, 2008, 03:31 AM
Got shenpa?
Los Angeles
Joined May 2004
10,940 Posts
Oh, man. It makes me nervous whenever I hear of someone whose finances have recently expanded deciding to cull the herd of greenbacks a bit by going out and buying an extremely high-performance motorcycle/race car/aircraft of a sort they have little or no previous experience with, and which probably requires a skill level that only a very small percentage of human beings possess to operate safely.

It's probably safe to say that a Yak 54 is definitely in that latter category, the sort of machine that takes a Kirby Chambliss, Svetlana Kapanina, Patty Wagstaff, or Ramon Alonso to operate - people with lightning reflexes, exceptional vision and physical fitness, great emotional stability, and inner ears that would find a two-minute ride inside a running washing machine merely mildly amusing. People somewhere in the 99th percentile of humanity when it comes to those particular abilities. People who are very definitely NOT like you and me, in other words.

Sad to say, there is a very long list of recently successful folks who have killed themselves in their expensive high-performance toy shortly after buying it, from successful business tycoons who bought jet fighters from the former Soviet Union to the kid whose dad buys him a CBR 1000 RR as his first motorcycle.

Jim, please be careful! And then, when you've planned being careful, please be twice as careful!

-Flieslikeabeagle
flieslikeabeagle is offline Find More Posts by flieslikeabeagle