HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 02, 2013, 07:25 PM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Aug 2013
215 Posts
Build Log
R/C Boeing 737 build log

Ok hey RCG so I have decided to start building a 737-300 thanks to everyone who helped me find the plans and blow them up to the size I wanted it. I Think his name was brett1984. let me see uhmmmmm demon driver and cwrr5 helped and others I don't remember, but thanks to those people.

So below are the plans ive been working on I had to print and tape all of them as well as outline them with a sharpie to make it look better because when I taped it not everything lined up well.....

Lights....I wanted to add lights should I inplant them as I build or would it stil lbe workable after I finish?

landing gear...don't tell me I should have fixed landing gear I think if I spend a lot of time and money on something like this I might as well go with retracts....

I also wanted to add flaps and spoilers like StealthRC did on YouTube... not sure if he's on RCG..... but yeah here are my plans

tomorrow imn going to start building the backbone with that pink foam cut it down to length and width and stop where it curves at the tail and nose
austinlam123321 is offline Find More Posts by austinlam123321
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2013, 08:47 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,468 Posts
Austin your 737-300 plans look great!

Your off to a great start!

Sub me up for this one!
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Introducing The "Demon-Claw"...
Old Sep 02, 2013, 09:08 PM
A Day @ a Time - Matt. 6:25-34
North AL, USA
Joined Nov 2009
1,870 Posts
Good luck Austin, subbed! It's in the details, pay attention to them, don't rush it. Sometimes you need to walk away for awhile and a solution will come to mind or if you ask a question you'll get a good answer from one of the outstanding scratch builders that live here.
ruff1 is offline Find More Posts by ruff1
Old Sep 02, 2013, 09:13 PM
I make stuff
United States, AZ, Marana
Joined Dec 2011
532 Posts
I'm in!

cwrr5 is offline Find More Posts by cwrr5
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Great Planes Proud Bird EF-1
Old Sep 02, 2013, 09:46 PM
Balsa and Foam can Coexist
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Feb 2010
1,908 Posts
Subbed, this should be a great build

Ethan
WAGliderGuy is online now Find More Posts by WAGliderGuy
Old Sep 03, 2013, 12:25 AM
Joined Aug 2013
215 Posts
Demon I never thought about this but where is a Servo in an airliner? Specially the tail section where do you hide it? I you don't mind you should do i pick if its not to badly hidden
Old Sep 03, 2013, 04:31 AM
RC Airliner Man
United Kingdom, Dudley
Joined May 2007
444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinlam123321 View Post
Ok hey RCG so I have decided to start building a 737-300 thanks to everyone who helped me find the plans and blow them up to the size I wanted it. I Think his name was brett1984. let me see uhmmmmm demon driver and cwrr5 helped and others I don't remember, but thanks to those people.

So below are the plans ive been working on I had to print and tape all of them as well as outline them with a sharpie to make it look better because when I taped it not everything lined up well.....

Lights....I wanted to add lights should I inplant them as I build or would it stil lbe workable after I finish?

landing gear...don't tell me I should have fixed landing gear I think if I spend a lot of time and money on something like this I might as well go with retracts....

I also wanted to add flaps and spoilers like StealthRC did on YouTube... not sure if he's on RCG..... but yeah here are my plans

tomorrow imn going to start building the backbone with that pink foam cut it down to length and width and stop where it curves at the tail and nose
"I think his name is brett1984" was I that forgettable already??
brett1984 is offline Find More Posts by brett1984
Old Sep 03, 2013, 08:02 AM
I make stuff
Joined Dec 2011
532 Posts
Lol! I think he's doing pretty good, I can't remember my own name half the time. (old age at an early stage)
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 03, 2013, 08:58 PM
Joined Aug 2013
215 Posts
Yeah and for any airliner builders how long does it take for you to build something? I go to shool about 8 hours from 7-3 .. And after that I do about 1-2 hours of study and homework so around 5:00 till 9:00 for me so how Long should i take?
Old Sep 03, 2013, 10:23 PM
Joined Jun 2013
511 Posts
You did very well with creating ur plans Sir!, I'm impressed...
Time wise not sure when n how much you can give but once you start, try to do lil build every day, like 1hr a day n over weekends you could manage more to devote to this project. Don't fir these are scratch builds, so there is no time limit to make n fly them, but if you manage ur time in a way as I mentioned above, you would have this model rtf by next spring..,,
Concordefan2 is online now Find More Posts by Concordefan2
Old Sep 04, 2013, 09:23 AM
I make stuff
Joined Dec 2011
532 Posts
I try to put a minimum of an hour a day in on my builds, but that doesn't always work out. Weekends are a nice time to catch up from the week and take care of the more involved tasks. Most of us have jobs or school (or sometimes both! ) plus family to spend time with, so "play time" is always limited.

The amount of time a scratch build takes varies on what model it is, construction technique, and life events. Don't get in a rush - just take it one bite at a time.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2013, 01:35 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwrr5 View Post
I try to put a minimum of an hour a day in on my builds, but that doesn't always work out. Weekends are a nice time to catch up from the week and take care of the more involved tasks. Most of us have jobs or school (or sometimes both! ) plus family to spend time with, so "play time" is always limited.

The amount of time a scratch build takes varies on what model it is, construction technique, and life events. Don't get in a rush - just take it one bite at a time.
An our a day keep the RC-gremlins away!

Austin if you study the great builders here and look at all the different styles of building & take a bit from each builder you can't go wrong!

But the MOST-IMPORTANT bit of advice is DON'T rush your 737 build . . .Never speed build to get a plane done . . . haste always leads to your RC plane in a garbage bag in this hobby! remember that Sir.

can't wait to see more!
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Introducing The "Demon-Claw"...
Old Sep 04, 2013, 03:04 PM
Depron Daz
United Kingdom, England, Basingstoke
Joined Feb 2012
1,117 Posts
Austin, it took me about 5 months to build my Vulcan bomber and that included a few 12+ hour days working on it. The rest of the time were 1 - 4 hour slots on average. As DD and others have said, take your time and don't rush it. If you rush it you will fail, that is guaranteed. If something causes you to stop and think, then stop and think! Do not try and build on but come here and ask, and while you are waiting do something else.
Run your lights in as you build (more hassle in my opinion to have them cos once the LEDs blow you can't replace them easily) and work out how your retracts will work and where they sit BEFORE starting that part of the build. Look at how others like DD and that Brett bloke () and others have done theirs. You can, and should expect that a lot of your time is needed researching the way others have done something. Someone will always have already done the hard thinking for you, you've just got to search for the easiest and best way. Sometimes the most simplest of things can cure the most difficult of tasks!
Daz393 is offline Find More Posts by Daz393
Old Sep 04, 2013, 04:42 PM
Electric Jet Driver
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Oct 2003
718 Posts
What size is your 737? I'm actually about 70% of the way through a giant scale one myself at the moment.
Trbdsl96 is offline Find More Posts by Trbdsl96
Old Sep 04, 2013, 05:15 PM
Joined Aug 2013
215 Posts
66" fuse