HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 01, 2013, 09:47 AM
That's so classic you.
United States, NC, Stokesdale
Joined Jul 2006
345 Posts
Matt,
What will it take to get you to part with one of your BA's?
Generic Member is offline Find More Posts by Generic Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2013, 11:28 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Sep 2001
153 Posts
Hey Jeff, I've never really thought about selling them. Maybe consider trading for an Aurora 60 in pristine condition or perhaps a Citation...

By the way, my BAs were also purchased in Japan. These were the special last run of the BA in 2003 to celebrate the 40th year anniversary of Yoshioka's win in 1973. They were sold in Japan only. If you've ever seen how they come out of the MK factory, they come packed three in a carton, and then each individually wrapped in brown wax paper. They are the best condition BAs (or an MK kits) I've seen, it looks like it was produced out of factory yesterday. Just gorgeous.

How is your Skymaster coming?!
Huang is offline Find More Posts by Huang
Last edited by Huang; Jul 01, 2013 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Added background on the BA from Japan
Old Jul 01, 2013, 06:19 PM
United States, IL
Joined Dec 2011
83 Posts
Here is something to think about...... IF you notice... some of his ads had a end date on such and such date..... Just speculation.... but maybe he is buying or his friend in Japan is buy these kits/planes on their auction sites with a "pre-sale" prior to buying the kits themselves. The friend buys them once they have a locked in buyer for a substantial profit, sends them here to the us where they are sent on to there new home.

Did anyone else notice that the pictures from the ads all have different backgrounds? Compare one kit ad to another kit ad. Same for the planes...
tiporare is offline Find More Posts by tiporare
Old Jul 01, 2013, 07:58 PM
United States, GA, Alpharetta
Joined Dec 2007
558 Posts
Can I see a photo of the BA kits?

Thx, David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huang View Post
Hey Jeff, I've never really thought about selling them. Maybe consider trading for an Aurora 60 in pristine condition or perhaps a Citation...

By the way, my BAs were also purchased in Japan. These were the special last run of the BA in 2003 to celebrate the 40th year anniversary of Yoshioka's win in 1973. They were sold in Japan only. If you've ever seen how they come out of the MK factory, they come packed three in a carton, and then each individually wrapped in brown wax paper. They are the best condition BAs (or an MK kits) I've seen, it looks like it was produced out of factory yesterday. Just gorgeous.

dhal22 is offline Find More Posts by dhal22
Old Jul 01, 2013, 10:57 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Sep 2001
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiporare View Post

Did anyone else notice that the pictures from the ads all have different backgrounds? Compare one kit ad to another kit ad. Same for the planes...
They are simply copying other seller's photos and reposting them, just as if you copied eBay listings and called them your own to sell. They have different backgrounds because they are all from different sellers.
Old Jul 01, 2013, 11:10 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Sep 2001
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhal22 View Post
Can I see a photo of the BA kits?

Thx, David
David, that'll have to wait at least until I return home Sunday. The boxes themselves are fairly standard, white with small photos and Japanese labels on top and the side. There were no 40 anniversary marks anywhere, although they made this production run at the 40th anniversary. It would have been so cool if they did! When you see/open it, it is unmistakably MK, except how pretty it looks versus older kits that looked as if they have been sitting or been "around the world". You would not to touch any of the contents even the white packing tissue paper inside. I don't know how many were made, but they stopped producing the BA for years before this production run, and it was the last time they produced the BA.
Old Jul 02, 2013, 05:15 AM
United States, GA, Alpharetta
Joined Dec 2007
558 Posts
Huang, good enough for me. Thx for the description. I see we appreciate the BA in a similar fashion.

David
dhal22 is offline Find More Posts by dhal22
Old Jul 02, 2013, 08:16 AM
That's so classic you.
United States, NC, Stokesdale
Joined Jul 2006
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huang View Post

Now that trio of BA's has got to be rarer than a unicorn! I'd love to find a 60 size BA, Cosmos or Skymaster 60 to put on the shelf for a rainy day.

My little Skymaster is very close to being finished. I shelved it last fall waiting for a nice day to paint the fuse. Nice days came and went but I never managed to paint the fuse until last week. It has a coat of white that needs to be wet sanded before I mask off for the red, blue and black.
I'm shooting for a flight this year. - Sometime THIS year.
Generic Member is offline Find More Posts by Generic Member
Old Jul 02, 2013, 02:51 PM
United States, CT, Shelton
Joined Jul 2011
44 Posts
This guy must have some wealthy friends in Japan.
rgburrill is offline Find More Posts by rgburrill
Old Jul 03, 2013, 04:07 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Sep 2001
153 Posts
Jeff,

I can't wait to see your Skymaster 20 painted up and ready to go. Now *that* is rarer than unicorn, and even rarer for anyone have one flying! I can't wait to see the videos and I doubt anyone has seen one flying! Please do make vidoes when you fly it, that will be a rare treat!

Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic Member View Post

My little Skymaster is very close to being finished. I shelved it last fall waiting for a nice day to paint the fuse. Nice days came and went but I never managed to paint the fuse until last week. It has a coat of white that needs to be wet sanded before I mask off for the red, blue and black.
I'm shooting for a flight this year. - Sometime THIS year.