HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:30 PM
United States, FL, Miami Beach
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
Discussion
Hubsan X4 Mini Quad

I am surprised no one has posted this guy on here... At 6cm x 6cm, its tiny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=VngmW1RXZa8

42.99 (Free Shipping) on Banggood.com
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Th...r-p-50790.html

dc9guy is offline Find More Posts by dc9guy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:20 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,558 Posts
This quad has gotten a lot of interest and you should be able to find at least two threads on it. This is the third thread dedicated to this fine quad.

1. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1732298

2. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1730133

You can also find discussions on this quad in the Microcopter thread.

3. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1701910

Referring to the other threads on the X4, you may be expecting exciting viewpoints from a troll, so your best bet is to ignore all that.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:29 AM
United States, FL, Miami Beach
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
Well I figured it deserved a post in the proper forum. Thanks
dc9guy is offline Find More Posts by dc9guy
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:23 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc9guy View Post
Well I figured it deserved a post in the proper forum. Thanks
This forum is quite new (a week or two old, perhaps).
Many of the threads that "should" be in this forum (but that are not),
were started long before this forum existed.
Many such threads can be found in the micro-heli forum (there was little interest in the other multi-rotor forums).
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Sep 17, 2012, 07:02 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,546 Posts
Looks like this flys very well and handles wing excellent.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:07 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,912 Posts
Well, its ANOTHER one where banggood said it will usually ship in 5days, just to change that to "OUT-of-STOCK!!!" ... product will be arrived in 15days only a day or two later

I cannot STAND this lame game they keep on playing with all the new stuff ... everything that gets interest, they claim they have it, then they say it will take 2weeks and until you get it, its 4 to 6 ... or a few months (ask the guys that PRE ordered the V939 ... OR the helios ... and I BET or NOW THIS ...)
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:28 PM
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Well, its ANOTHER one where banggood said it will usually ship in 5days, just to change that to "OUT-of-STOCK!!!" ... product will be arrived in 15days only a day or two later

I cannot STAND this lame game they keep on playing with all the new stuff ... everything that gets interest, they claim they have it, then they say it will take 2weeks and until you get it, its 4 to 6 ... or a few months (ask the guys that PRE ordered the V939 ... OR the helios ... and I BET or NOW THIS ...)
Most of us have experienced this from BG.

For me, the cheap thrill of getting something slightly cheaper is wiped out by the aggrevation of not getting it when expected.

The easy cure is don't order from them, wait for myrcmart to have it, pay a little more for fast reliable shipping and be happy with your purchase.

You will have it at about the same time minus the aggrevation.

After having the above experience with my V929 purchase I only order spare parts (i.e. parts I don't need yet) from BG.
Scott in NH is offline Find More Posts by Scott in NH
Old Sep 18, 2012, 06:17 PM
a.k.a. BiggTony
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Jul 2010
297 Posts
Well, the only reason I order from BG is because of two reasons that wouldn't matter much without one another. The NEW product is CHEAPER than most every site and many I usually order from doesn't have it yet. That being said, once the product has been out for a bit and other sites begin to compete, BG is off the list. I don't usually deal with pre-orders unless we're talking about video games, so I save myself the frustration there....I don't see the benefit of pre-ordereing something from BG when I've read frustrated posts of people who have pre-ordered only to find out that BG had a limited stock, proof that they don't have the ability to fill pre-orders so you wait like the rest who didn't pre-purchse. Anyhow, I really don't have a problem with BG, it's their method of shipping. I know once it's shipped, it's out of their hands....but when an item isn't back ordered or listed out of stock....yet it takes 5-8 days during processing to ship...yeah, me no likey. (Happened 4 out of 7 times....but I have enough gadgets and stuff coming in that I'm usually pre-occupied to care a whole lot)
dedmonwakin is offline Find More Posts by dedmonwakin
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:36 AM
Mosquito 6
Joined Jun 2012
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post

I echo those sentiments, and not just for new products. I ordered 4 v929 bnf's and another rtf on 31 August .. still just ether/vapor tracking, and emails asking patients. Same thing for an order for 10 v929 rtf's ordered 10 September.

There is a post for a domestic (US) source for v929's in that thread for rtf's anyway.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...58847&page=266

Soo .. BangGodd is blowin' their gig with all their B.S.
TayNinh68 is offline Find More Posts by TayNinh68
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:39 AM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,123 Posts
Video shows that it handles strong wind, but I like to more feedback on wind handling as we get them. My area is always windy and I need mini-quad that can take wind.
Torch8 is offline Find More Posts by Torch8
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:58 AM
Joined Mar 2009
8,912 Posts
Hx4

Yipeeh!!!

So what did I say??? Like 3 days ago it is on BGs the FIRST to order from (see post by dedmon) and it is (well at least relatively) CHEAP ... AND IT SAYS USUALLY ships in 3-5 days!!!

And look what it says now!!!!

Pre-Order Product, Will not ship until 2012-10-22

TYPICALLY BG !!!
I wish they would realize how many people you pissoff by using this strategy! I can understand it is a brutally competitive market with microscopic margins for them (in comparison to some other vendors who will NOT include the cost of shipping into THEIR burden) ... but it is also pretty stupid, as people are only going to keep on playing this game for so long - if you order something, the first trigger to order it is you want it ASAP, preferably yesterday, right??
And if you ALWAYS figure out your supplier only had it orderable to get a ORDER from you that is actually NOTHING BUT A DISGUISED PRE-ORDER, then you will start to question their seriousness and ability sooner or later (because YOU are always out of your money right away!!!)

I guess I am going to follow the example of other people on here and stop ordering from them apart from spare parts orders once I actuall GOT the shipping confirmation for the order for a craft from someone else ...
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:14 PM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
I hate this kind of tricks too.
I'm pretty new here and I always asked myself why do you guys keep on purchasing from BG despite all the negative feedback.
I have bought a lot (really a lot...) of stuff from RC711, OOModel or Hobbywow.
Their prices may be a little above BG but the service is excellent, they are nice and serious people and they do respect their customers.
Just my 2 cts
kosem is offline Find More Posts by kosem
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Mar 2009
8,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosem View Post
I hate this kind of tricks too.
I'm pretty new here and I always asked myself why do you guys keep on purchasing from BG despite all the negative feedback.
I have bought a lot (really a lot...) of stuff from RC711, OOModel or Hobbywow.
Their prices may be a little above BG but the service is excellent, they are nice and serious people and they do respect their customers.
Just my 2 cts
honestly, because I want to be able to buy more than really a LOT ... ... and unfrotunately this works ONLY over the price ...
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:08 PM
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
So who has these and is actually shipping them?
Scott in NH is offline Find More Posts by Scott in NH
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:42 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosem View Post
I don't know about all the negative feedback but my first-hand experience with them was really good. There's no one-size-fits-all solution. If BG doesn't work out fine for you, but it may be good enough for another person. For me, I don't find their "pre-order tricks" offensive.

Here's someone who is also pleased with BG.

I suspect BG may be overwhelmed by the piles of orders now. Maybe less customers may be "good" for the rest of us who buy from BG?
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Last edited by FyreSG; Sep 20, 2012 at 08:56 PM.