HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 22, 2012, 08:25 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
9,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
what rule violations did Nicwilke step on?
I just read his post and I don't see anything untoward...
I think banned users can now post but all post are hidden
blade strike is offline Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2012, 08:44 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre6553 View Post

There is not a Fc on the market that got all the functions the arducopter has at the moment
YS and MK do and they work . They are a multirotor FC yes so no can do fixed wing.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:58 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike View Post
I think banned users can now post but all post are hidden
What? Am I banned?
nicwilke is offline Find More Posts by nicwilke
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 23, 2012, 12:12 AM
Connecticut Quad Hacker
Joined Dec 2009
952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre6553 View Post
I press almost the buy button on this fc and decide to wait and does not want to make the same fault i made when i bought the Xaircraft v1 fc with it adverts that promise one thing and results proven the opposite.

So I went and bought the Arducopter APM2 electronics witch i could afford at the time and i must say with the newest software and Firmware 2.6 i get alt hold fluctuate 30cm up and down in no wind and pos-hold within 4-5m with stock settings.
Hi Andre
I hope you saved your V1 stuff. Go over to my blog not only will I show you how to make it work but I have video proof of what the changes do.
batfire is offline Find More Posts by batfire
Old Jun 23, 2012, 12:39 AM
Huckfest or bust!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,055 Posts
nicwilke,

your posts are blanked out with the statement " This post is hidden due to rule violations by the author. "

in order to see your posts, we have to click on "view posts"
cryhavoc38 is online now Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Jun 23, 2012, 02:06 AM View Post
nicwilke
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). Show it to me anyway.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 02:08 AM
Huckfest or bust!
Joined Mar 2007
8,055 Posts
tjb?
Old Jun 23, 2012, 03:13 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
597 Posts
Quote:
tjb?
Mr Peanut in XA thread.
nicwilke is offline Find More Posts by nicwilke
Old Jun 23, 2012, 04:46 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
congratulations.

when you are ready for a fully featured and functional FC thats, as of now, the most advanced unit out there, contact your SA dealer
I am the SA Dealer and the person that Andre is talking about.

I have moved my GPS unit back onto the pole and waiting for the weather to get better. The last 2 days the wind have been gusting up to 30Km/hr and today it is raining, so I have not had a chance to test the new angle of the IMU, but let me tell you, if this does not work, then I must have a dud unit (not sure which part).

But this happens (get faulty units), so I will get ZeroUAV to send me another one.

To summarise:

1. It flies extremely well in Manual Mode 1. Best system yet.
2. Altitude hold in Mode 2 is perfect. Also best yet that I have tested. Had an interesting moment last time I flew, I tried to hover at a low altitude (1m) in this mode and suddenly it decided I was not high enough and started to land ...I know, it is built into the system.
3. I cannot get GPS to position hold. Compass is calibrated properly now that the IMU angle is moved off the vertical by +/- 7deg. Still have to fly after this adjustment.

I have just installed a GPS unit on a "no name brand" FC and it works, although not too well, but it holds reasonable position, so I know that there is nothing wrong with my installation skills or Compass Calibration skills.....just in case any of you were wondering....in fact I was starting to question my own skills.

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Jun 23, 2012, 08:32 AM
Suspended Account
Australia, NSW, Albury
Joined Jun 2012
23 Posts
Hello, I have a ZeroUAV YS-X6 basic kit. I think its great. I'm not flying for a week now, as my droidworx is being upgraded to lift my PhotoHigher AV130 and NEX-5n camera.
wmedia is offline Find More Posts by wmedia
Old Jun 23, 2012, 11:00 AM
Joined Feb 2009
563 Posts
I finaly got the twitching fixed. I changed my expensive APC to cheap ass rctimer props and the thing flies way much better no crazy twitching. So that was the last time I bought APC. Still have the alt-hold issue. When I look in my data screen when the copter is steady on a table is see altitude is fluctuating by 0.5meters. Do you all have the same or do I have a faulty baro? And what is with:

"2. Altitude hold in Mode 2 is perfect. Also best yet that I have tested. Had an interesting moment last time I flew, I tried to hover at a low altitude (1m) in this mode and suddenly it decided I was not high enough and started to land ...I know, it is built into the system."

I never new this. From what altitude does the copter start to land? other words from what height does alt-hold work?
rwijnhov is offline Find More Posts by rwijnhov
Old Jun 23, 2012, 11:18 AM
Huckfest or bust!
Joined Mar 2007
8,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
I am the SA Dealer and the person that Andre is talking about.

I have moved my GPS unit back onto the pole and waiting for the weather to get better. The last 2 days the wind have been gusting up to 30Km/hr and today it is raining, so I have not had a chance to test the new angle of the IMU, but let me tell you, if this does not work, then I must have a dud unit (not sure which part).

But this happens (get faulty units), so I will get ZeroUAV to send me another one.

To summarise:

1. It flies extremely well in Manual Mode 1. Best system yet.
2. Altitude hold in Mode 2 is perfect. Also best yet that I have tested. Had an interesting moment last time I flew, I tried to hover at a low altitude (1m) in this mode and suddenly it decided I was not high enough and started to land ...I know, it is built into the system.
3. I cannot get GPS to position hold. Compass is calibrated properly now that the IMU angle is moved off the vertical by +/- 7deg. Still have to fly after this adjustment.

I have just installed a GPS unit on a "no name brand" FC and it works, although not too well, but it holds reasonable position, so I know that there is nothing wrong with my installation skills or Compass Calibration skills.....just in case any of you were wondering....in fact I was starting to question my own skills.

Rob
it is quite possible that you have a faulty gps unit.
For sure, those X and Y velocity numbers should not be as high as you are experiencing.

Mine are almost always either 0 or fluctuating in the low single digits as you would expect the numbers to be when sitting on the ground.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 03:02 PM
Huckfest or bust!
Joined Mar 2007
8,055 Posts
So today is one of those dark cloudy pre summer days in Seattle where its going to rain and rain hard.

I am suffering a bit from a cold so i've been couped up inside today.
I decided to pop in a movie, and get the octo on the table and do some tweaking.
you know the tweaking you know you need to do but are too busy otherwise to do it.

right, so I got my small bubble level out and decided to double check all 8 motors for alignment. I found that 5 were really pretty good, one was nasty tilted to the right and two were tilted to the left.

I've previously reported that 4 of my motors were getting warmer than the other 4, like they were having to work harder.

So after tweaking the mounting bolts for each motor pod, I got all 8 aligned as best I could using the bubble level.

Took it up for a 6 minute test flight and found that she seems even more stable than it did before.

During my test flight, I had 11 sats locked in. I wish I could have grabbed the video cam to take some footage. It did not drift or budge in auto hover mode.

All motors are now pretty much the same temperature after landing.

Moral of the story...if you have really good tracking props, double check your motor alignment and DON"T use the TLAR method for alignment.

Even if you only have 4 motors, get the bubble level out and check to see if your motors are straight up and down. Even a little bit off center will cause some misbehavior like shaking motors, uneven temps, drift and alt and atti hold issues.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 03:21 PM
Joined Feb 2009
563 Posts
Could you plan check of your altitude also fluctuates by 0-0.5 - 1m when standing on a table? Then i know it is normal and i can search further.
rwijnhov is offline Find More Posts by rwijnhov
Old Jun 23, 2012, 03:37 PM
Huckfest or bust!
Joined Mar 2007
8,055 Posts
differences in barometric pressure will show like this.
temperature, wind, etc will cause it to fluctuate
the baro number will never be perfectly stable unless you are in a vacuum