SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 23, 2006, 11:21 PM
No retreat no surrender
USA, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Apr 1999
659 Posts
Discussion
What are you grateful for today?

In the spirit of the day (even if it is almost over) I thought it would be good if I listed a few things:
I am most grateful to be here at all. I was diagnosed with cancer in July and had surgery to remove the tumor two weeks ago today. The surgeon tells me he got it all and he believes me to be cancer free. I will be monitored for the next ten years, but compared to what could have been I see that as no big deal.
I am grateful for the health of my wife who fought a staph infection for seven long months this last year after a surgery. I almost lost her in January, and look at her every day with new appreciation.
I am grateful for our upcoming anniversary on Tuesday the 28th. 25 years we have been together. What a long strange trip it's been, and I am thankful for every minute of it.
I am grateful to live in this country. I do not always agree with it's policies, leaders, or actions but it is still the best place on the planet.
Jim H (Newguy)
So-anybody else out there?
newguy is offline Find More Posts by newguy
Old Nov 23, 2006, 11:26 PM
No retreat no surrender
USA, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Apr 1999
659 Posts
PS-I am also grateful for short term disability insurance!
newguy is offline Find More Posts by newguy
Old Nov 24, 2006, 01:43 AM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,167 Posts
Well, without our health, nothing else has a lot of value.

I am grateful to hear of you and your wife's recovery. I know how serious infections from the hospital can be, and my wife works as a research nurse in oncology. There was a report I saw on The News Hour, I believe, that said as many as 100,000 people a year die from infections received in the hospital.

Our family has been having it's share of health issues and related job issues and money issues. I tend to try and look at this as a yin yang thing. We have periods of good times and bad, just have to keep our heads down and keep pushing, take it a day at a time.
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop