HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2014, 06:22 PM
dannylooper
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Aug 2011
211 Posts
I just maidened her in 20mph gusting to 30 wind not the best conditions so it was hard to get a feel for her

Put 1900 mah back in flew for about 6and a half minutes
flybydanny is offline Find More Posts by flybydanny
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2014, 11:10 PM
Joined Dec 2013
3 Posts
SBach build

I just finished my build. I was planning to fly today but it was windy so I decided to wait for a calmer day for the maiden flight.

I used the TH digital power combo (100g motor, 45amp controller, TH servos, 12x6 prop), TH carbon fiber servo extensions, and the TH RX. I'm using Zippy 2700mAh batteries. I'm hoping for 8 minutes of flight time or so. We'll see. They are heavier than what is recommended, weighing in at 219g, but I think she will handle the extra weight without an issue, especially with the 100g motor.

About the only departure I took from the instructions was to move the elevator servo back more since I knew my battery was heavier than normal. I also added a 1-3/4" great planes spinner, which I think finishes her off nicely.

Here are some pics...
h20man is offline Find More Posts by h20man
Old Sep 08, 2014, 09:57 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,831 Posts
Nice looking Build..!!

You are right the airframe will handle the extra weight, especially with the 100g crack motor... I originally flew mine with 2200mAh batteries, but ended up liking it better with the smaller and lighter 1300 and 1600 size 70c Thunder Power batteries.
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old Sep 08, 2014, 10:09 AM
United Kingdom, Gunnerton
Joined Dec 2010
1,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
I originally flew mine with 2200mAh batteries, but ended up liking it better with the smaller and lighter 1300 and 1600 size 70c Thunder Power batteries.
Was that also with the 100g motor or did you use the 70g?
jcansdale is online now Find More Posts by jcansdale
Old Sep 08, 2014, 11:55 AM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,831 Posts
100g motor... a little less flight time, but the plane really comes alive when it is not carrying around a lot of weight.
cdee
Old Sep 08, 2014, 11:58 AM
United Kingdom, Gunnerton
Joined Dec 2010
1,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
100g motor... a little less flight time, but the plane really comes alive when it is not carrying around a lot of weight.
Interesting, thanks. I'll have to try that.
jcansdale is online now Find More Posts by jcansdale
Old Oct 09, 2014, 05:57 PM
United States, UT, Ogden
Joined Nov 2004
623 Posts
Hey guys, I am trying to decide between this bird and the Telink 44" Slick/Edge - I have read that some of you have both.... I am currently flying my 34" foamy for 3D and I also do some sloping and thermal hunting as well. I want something bigger but want it to fly light and floaty, still learning the post stall stuff and need time for my old brain to react.... I also need durability cuz I get too cocky and stupid at the same time. I had a Telink Yak and I liked it but sold it prematurely.....Which of these would you suggest for knife edge/harrier/hover/inverted intemediate 3D use? I am also planning on getting a PA Addiction X and I would like them to compliment each other..... Thanks in advance..... Lou
asat is offline Find More Posts by asat
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:13 AM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asat View Post
Hey guys, I am trying to decide between this bird and the Telink 44" Slick/Edge - I have read that some of you have both.... I am currently flying my 34" foamy for 3D and I also do some sloping and thermal hunting as well. I want something bigger but want it to fly light and floaty, still learning the post stall stuff and need time for my old brain to react.... I also need durability cuz I get too cocky and stupid at the same time. I had a Telink Yak and I liked it but sold it prematurely.....Which of these would you suggest for knife edge/harrier/hover/inverted intemediate 3D use? I am also planning on getting a PA Addiction X and I would like them to compliment each other..... Thanks in advance..... Lou
Tough choice... (IMO) they will both do what you are asking for, but will be slightly easier with the 48" Sbach... the Extra Slick though is more durable.
cdee
Old Oct 10, 2014, 07:27 PM
United States, UT, Ogden
Joined Nov 2004
623 Posts
Thanks cdee, I think I will go for durable as that will be my down low practice bird until I get good enough to fly the addiction low n slow. Like the idea of not messing with the pull pull on a foamie too. Plus my Yak was so easy to repair (like all epp) and still flew great after several repairs. Is it better to keep it light with the 70g setup or go for the 100g gusto? Sorry to derail this thread.....
asat is offline Find More Posts by asat
Old Oct 11, 2014, 09:53 AM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asat View Post
Thanks cdee, I think I will go for durable as that will be my down low practice bird until I get good enough to fly the addiction low n slow. Like the idea of not messing with the pull pull on a foamie too. Plus my Yak was so easy to repair (like all epp) and still flew great after several repairs. Is it better to keep it light with the 70g setup or go for the 100g gusto? Sorry to derail this thread.....
70g Crack motor power set with 1600 batteries.
cdee