SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 13, 2012, 04:37 PM
http://gothelirc.com/
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
[QUOTE=Reginak;21603115]Target Cicling, 65 feets diameter. Is that right? Here it reads 65 feets in radius. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=315

65 feet in diameter is a 33 feet in radius, it appears to be a very small radius for circling an object.
QUOTE]

Humm... I told you it need to be checked/fix. This bring me back to geometry in high school and I hated it. meters vs feet, radius vs diamter... screw this!

130ft diameter.
GotHeliRC is offline Find More Posts by GotHeliRC
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2012, 04:43 PM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Nice! Can you tell what kind of things are you targeting?[/QUOTE]

Wabbits just silly Wabbits I swear lol
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
Old May 13, 2012, 04:45 PM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
[QUOTE=GotHeliRC;21603138]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginak View Post
Target Cicling, 65 feets diameter. Is that right? Here it reads 65 feets in radius. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=315

65 feet in diameter is a 33 feet in radius, it appears to be a very small radius for circling an object.
QUOTE]

Humm... I told you it need to be checked/fix. This bring me back to geometry in high school and I hated it. meters vs feet, radius vs diamter... screw this!

130ft diameter.
OH no Its going to suck for me cause I lost three toes in a fight with a lawn mower
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
Old May 13, 2012, 04:46 PM
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
Currently support Normal/Futaba/Sbus. JR satellites is coming soon.

Didn't understand this one, dos it you mean that it wont work right now with my DX8 Spektrum or my JRX9503?
Reginak is offline Find More Posts by Reginak
Old May 13, 2012, 04:48 PM
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
JR satellites mean that you do not need a receiver, you can buy the spektrum satellites and use that as your receiver... kinda like Sbus for Futaba.

It work with any radios/receivers. So right now to use JR/Spektrum, you need to have receiver, can not just use the satellites.
Site Sponsor
Old May 13, 2012, 06:28 PM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2012
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbootz View Post
+1.... was really thinking this was the new thing too... even starting to think that WKM would just be a plug in and say go unit for the zenmuse and would have this baby actually flying my multi..... but after seeing this silly list of restrictions ill pass until they get their act together.
+1 - agreed. camera gimbal restricted, seriously! how much is to unleash the full potential of this unit?
manvsuav is offline Find More Posts by manvsuav
Old May 13, 2012, 07:48 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by manvsuav View Post
+1 - agreed. camera gimbal restricted, seriously! how much is to unleash the full potential of this unit?
the camera lock thingy --> flying in a circle with camera pointing at the target on the ground may seem like a gimmick for people to upgrade, but see here.

follow me is not restricted but waypoint is capped to 4 waypoints within 200 meters diameter/ 100 meter radius. While waypoint seems to work within my router's very limited range, I couldn't get the follow me to work with my Galaxy Tab 7.7, though. Pretty sure I must have missed some steps; I am hoping that the final version of manual would come up pretty soon.

Auto take off and RTH + auto landing is included with basic kit so you can control the copter by clicking on appropriate button in the GS, similar to Parrot AR Drone. My suggestion is to go get a high power router to cover enough range for the waypoints to work in its maximum range.

My simple suggestion for those who are getting their kits is just to play safe, always. Don't try any of the features without having full knowledge about the system. It's highly recommended that you use a cheap test bed to familiarise with the system and explore its potentials. As always, protect your electronics appropriately. The basic kit has the full potential of flying the copter by using the GS as the controller. However, a simple switch to manual mode (position 1 of channel 5) from your transmitter will bring your copter back to your control.

Simply put, the basic kit gives you a lot of cool features but more features also means more margins for errors. Like in any other systems, things can go wrong in just seconds and our brain can freeze in a panic. So we just have to work on minimizing the risks.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Last edited by fajar; May 13, 2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old May 13, 2012, 07:50 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by manvsuav View Post
how do you come up with that statement?
that the camera gimbal is restricted seriously?

The gimbal itself isn't restricted seriously..

Gotheli,

you might want to consider making your very first post the repository of ALL the updated information.
That way anyone new, or those who are participating in this thread can see it right away. This will cut down on all repeat questions from those who have not taken the time to weed through the thread.

also, just a bit of advice...the 10s "target circling" detail you have listed on your web page would be confusing to someone who doesn't know the details. Perhaps you can omit that bit of detail in favor of a section that details whats possible FULLY with purchased upgrades.

Just list the BASE unit USA specification details and then have an Upgrade section.
I know its currently evolving as to what we will get, but this will keep the snarky comments down from the DJI appologists out there.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Last edited by cryhavoc38; May 13, 2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old May 14, 2012, 12:18 AM
SMILE you're being recorded :)
Joined Apr 2010
754 Posts
GotHeli,

Just wondering, when you will have them in stock for delivery immediate delivery ?
Velociraptor73 is offline Find More Posts by Velociraptor73
Old May 14, 2012, 12:54 AM
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor73 View Post
GotHeli,

Just wondering, when you will have them in stock for delivery immediate delivery ?
preorder should be 1-2 days normal stock should be may 18th or so.
Site Sponsor
Old May 14, 2012, 08:31 AM
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
Ok, I'm reading the V1.2 manual.

On page 12, in the info about RC TX settings:

1. “Auto-returning home” for standard version: altitude can be controlled after reaching returning home position. After landing the craft manually, the motors can be shut down only upon switching to stabilization mode.

2. “Auto-returning home” for Enterprise version: aircraft can land automatically when reaching returning position meanwhile 11 %-90% THR can not work, 0-10% THR makes the motors power off immediately.

You said that you could auto-land very near your, much better than WKM. And at your site you list auto-land as a standard feature. But in this english manual (that I suppose its not for chinese market) it states that only Enterprise version has auto-land.

Please clarify this.
Reginak is offline Find More Posts by Reginak
Old May 14, 2012, 09:05 AM
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
Hi Reginak,

I think that's a direct translation when they have the local kit where there's a lot of limit but much lower price. I am sure we have covered all the limitation clearly, disregard that. I will let them know about this and fix. Wish I have time to go through the new manual and check out error... If you guys find anything that feels wrong. let me know.
Site Sponsor
Old May 14, 2012, 09:07 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
So you're getting these in a couple days? Did you figure out if they can dropship mine directly or? I have no problem paying for it whenever.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 14, 2012, 09:07 AM
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHeliRC View Post
Hi Reginak,

I think that's a direct translation when they have the local kit where there's a lot of limit but much lower price. I am sure we have covered all the limitation clearly, disregard that. I will let them know about this and fix. Wish I have time to go through the new manual and check out error... If you guys find anything that feels wrong. let me know.
You need to get more sleep
BenHayat is online now Find More Posts by BenHayat
Old May 14, 2012, 09:55 AM
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
So you're getting these in a couple days? Did you figure out if they can dropship mine directly or? I have no problem paying for it whenever.
Package currently at custom right now. If it doesn't arrive here tomorrow, will ask them to drop ship to you.
Site Sponsor