SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 08, 2012, 02:54 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG Mason Knives View Post
What is being explained is how to test to see if the gyro is working. If you hold on to the heli and throttle it up till the tail rotor spins, rotating the heli clockwise and counter clockwise will cause the tail motor to speed up or slow down, you can hear it and feel it try to correct in your hand.
"will cause the tail motor to speed up or slow down"

Actually...

will cause the tail motor to slow down or speed up,
---

rotating the heli will cause the tail motor to speed up or slow down
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Apr 08, 2012 at 03:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2012, 03:14 PM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard View Post
I think I will order one of those BNF sooner or later that's a great deal. Also I will probably order the lipos to. But I want to make sure they are the 130's. With 10mah I wonder if there is even a difference though.
BNFs are useful in case an unexpected part breaks. I just busted a second tail motor holder on my Solo Pro 270. Luckily, the V911 tail motor holder fits. I just ordered a few replacements.

The 130 mAh batteries are not labelled, so you don't really know which ones you're getting. The longer ones are 0.3 grams heavier. So the added weight almost cancels out the extra 10 mAh. Regardless of the rating, 5 for $12.99 is a great value.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old Apr 08, 2012, 03:27 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Infidel View Post
BNFs are useful in case an unexpected part breaks. I just busted a second tail motor holder on my Solo Pro 270. Luckily, the V911 tail motor holder fits. I just ordered a few replacements.

The 130 mAh batteries are not labelled, so you don't really know which ones you're getting. The longer ones are 0.3 grams heavier. So the added weight almost cancels out the extra 10 mAh. Regardless of the rating, 5 for $12.99 is a great value.
Ok you all talked me into it I'm going to order them now. lol 😄
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Apr 08, 2012, 03:39 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,296 Posts
Fly in the afternoon......can't wait for the wind to die down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ilSC1uSe7Y
Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Apr 08, 2012, 04:13 PM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
Fly in the afternoon......can't wait for the wind to die down.
From one pussy cat lover to another, here's mine.

unusual cat behavior before drinking water (0 min 59 sec)

No V911s were harmed in the making of the video.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old Apr 08, 2012, 04:57 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
426 Posts
Quote:
No V911s were harmed in the making of the video.
I wish I could say that. My cat, Debo thinks she's Godzilla when there's a micro-copter in the vicinity. The 2nd cat just likes watching Debo make a fool of herself when she chases the birdies.

They both love to terrorize 107s (or ANY co-ax - the more lights, the better), but the red cat doesn't like FP single-blades. Worse than no lights, she found out they tend to smack her a little harder when she swipes them out of the air.
But Debo has it down to an art - she knows exactly how to knock the phc<! out of the tail every time.
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Old Apr 08, 2012, 06:14 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRail View Post
I wish I could say that. My cat, Debo thinks she's Godzilla when there's a micro-copter in the vicinity. The 2nd cat just likes watching Debo make a fool of herself when she chases the birdies.

They both love to terrorize 107s (or ANY co-ax - the more lights, the better), but the red cat doesn't like FP single-blades. Worse than no lights, she found out they tend to smack her a little harder when she swipes them out of the air.
But Debo has it down to an art - she knows exactly how to knock the phc<! out of the tail every time.
WOW!!!!

3 of us from Illinois!!! What are the chances!????
Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Apr 08, 2012, 07:34 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
CT6B transmitter for V911

CT6B-V911-120408

Playing with my CT6B transmitter for V911 again.

This using "Digital Radio" program and now I can post one picture.

CT6B works a lot smoother than the stock V911 transmitter, though I prefer the stock transmitter for outdoor fast and crazy flying (wind surfing).

This is my original data and has some things that are not normal because I wanted to see if channels 5 and 6 had any effect. V911 doesn't care.

Digital Radio program
http://www.sgr.info/usbradio/default.htm
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Apr 09, 2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 08:27 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
I mainly fly my V911 like a 3 channel. I don't do much banking.

Hovering with a V911 doesn't take much. Just let the stick go. If you had a Xieda 9958 with a toilet bowl effect, just run it into the wall; put it out of its misery.
I found a solution to the 9958 TBE. Its called the Syma s107. I just got one for my GF's daughter. That S107 is the SLOWEST and most STABLE thing ever. Just try to get it to do much of anything but hover, but hey no TBE so life is GOOOOD.
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Old Apr 08, 2012, 08:41 PM
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmoyer View Post
Was updating my Amazon.com wishlist and got to wondering....what's next after the V911? Love this little copter, but already starting to want to do a little bit more in terms of maneuvers.

Is a flybarless fixed pitch the way to go or do I attempt a cp copter? So far, I've only flown a DH9100 & the V911. I won't even touch my DH9100 anymore.

IMO, Blade msrx is your next choice. It flies like a CP heli and has no flybar. Its very fast and VERY agile. It will make you relearn what the v911 has taught you. I have a 9958, v911, msrx, and minicp. I would say step up to the miniCP right away but I think the msrx is very forgiving on crashes.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 08:45 PM
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Part timer View Post
Arguing about this is not going to save any helicopters but going back and adding information to all you cut and paste replies about oiling the motor and not ditching it may save a few
LOL, I like you dude. You tell it like it is.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 09:15 PM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
7,070 Posts
Wrong thread Mate . Are You selling something? reads like it.
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare
Old Apr 08, 2012, 09:55 PM
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bare View Post
Wrong thread Mate . Are You selling something? reads like it.
Yep Im selling something.

Actually just giving advice you have a problem with that? Reread what I said in my previous post. Guy was asking what he should purchase after the v911 and wanted to go flybarless. Plus what would I be selling? I was giving a reccomendation based on personal experience. But I could ask you " are you being a jerk?" Reads like it.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 10:20 PM
Master CP
United States, TX, Burleson
Joined Feb 2012
366 Posts
After the thunderstorms left, we were left with great flying conditions in DFW. Not much in the video other than a few flybar strikes and the crashes they caused

At the 1:00 minute mark I hover directly in front of the camera about 2 feet away from the camera. With the new motor, you can still hear the birds in the trees over the noise of the heli.

Lastly, my 12 year old daughter inherited her videoing skills from her mother

V911 Flight (3 min 51 sec)
mcmoyer is offline Find More Posts by mcmoyer
Old Apr 08, 2012, 11:23 PM
Joined Mar 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andur View Post
I found that holding the heli in your hands and throttling up might not make the tail motor spin, because the gyro senses the heli isn't spinning around. You should check these things on the floor or the table to make sure. I almost threw a motor away because I thought it wasn't working but I only checked to see if it worked in my hand. Only later after soldering it for a few times did I notice putting it on the floor made it work very nicely!
Thanks for everyone's help, took the tail blade off and reseated, left the chopper overnight and now seems to work. Might have had it too close too motor.
a_novice is offline Find More Posts by a_novice