HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:14 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,071 Posts
the size is good for me... but I am really wanting the one piece arms.... any eta on that design?

Steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2012, 08:22 PM
Spain, CN
Joined Dec 2011
300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
the size is good for me... but I am really wanting the one piece arms.... any eta on that design?

Steve
Steve, seems we are both waiting for Cameron

I hope he restocks soon as my next build will be one based on the 1000 octoŽs.

As fas as I know all new frames will come with one piece arms, if you check carboncores web youŽll notice they have changed their manuals and removed the cnc arms setup.
apejovic is offline Find More Posts by apejovic
Old Feb 23, 2012, 06:45 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1 Posts
I`m interested in acquiring a powerful UAV for aerial photography and short clips.

I`m thinking about the 950-1000mm frame and the big camera mount. (love the gyro, btw).

So let`s see if I have this right:

You`re selling:

The 8 rotor frame for ???$
The big camera mount for ???$

And then I have to buy (from another source):
The mainboard + rotors + cables + batteries + a RC transmitter. (don`t know what to buy and where to buy it from)

What am I missing?

I`m not trolling, I am a certified noob! Thanks for understanding.
vdodan is offline Find More Posts by vdodan
Old Feb 28, 2012, 01:07 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,071 Posts
bump... any word?

are you taking pre orders?

steve
Old Feb 28, 2012, 05:19 PM
Spain, CN
Joined Dec 2011
300 Posts
IŽm a Carboncore delaer in Spain, but have to contact Cameron regarding an order, will tell him to answer your questions ASAP.
apejovic is offline Find More Posts by apejovic
Old Feb 28, 2012, 05:32 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,071 Posts
no huge rush.. just keeping the dream alive here!!!

I am in canada and will likely order from somewhere as close to home as possible.

Steve
Old Aug 08, 2012, 05:30 PM
by Alary Design
Mesa, AZ
Joined May 2002
1,811 Posts
We're happy to announce that in a few weeks we will be carrying Carbon Core products on our site. www.photoshipone.com.

We will be offering them as kits and also as RTF solutions with various multirotor controller options and of course our camera gimbals. Stay tuned!
Photoship One is offline Find More Posts by Photoship One
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 08, 2012, 05:53 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
Cool, love the frames... I have an older RC carbon frame that shares a lot with the CarbonCore.

They are solid and much better than plastic arms

My rig had a solder joint fail on a battery at 10' in the air and dropped right on an arm and had 0 damage. The same crash with a plastic arm rig would have ended in disaster.

Looking forward to seeing your rigs.
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Sep 25, 2012, 05:10 AM
Multicopter Design Manufacture
United Kingdom, England, York
Joined Apr 2011
66 Posts
CarbonCore Hexa 950 Initial Flights DJI Naza Gains

I'd like to share my Hexacopter Multicopter setup and first flight results.

After spending too much time with plastic props and a HoverFly SPORT Flight Controller,
I changed to a DJI Naza FC and Graupner Style Carbon props.

Setup:
Pulso U28-M motors (2814-22) 760 Kv (Same as Avroto and many others)
Carbon 11" x 5.5" props
HiPro 40A ESCs (400Hz)
2x 4S 5000mAh Zippy LiPo Batteries

Gains in this video:
Atti Gains 200-200 with 220 Yaw and 100 Vertical Gain. Basic gains on 90-90.
Yaw and vertical to be turned-up.

Flight done in Manual Mode.

CarbonCore Hexa 950 DJI Naza FC with Carbon Propellers and Pulso U28-M Motors (4 min 21 sec)

This video is without any payload.
Flying Weight is 3150g and typical flight time is 15 minutes.
Has also been flown with 3Kg of payload.
CarbonCore is offline Find More Posts by CarbonCore
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:02 PM
Explorocam
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2012
429 Posts
Cinestar 2 axis,

Hi all,

I got a nice Email from Cam at Carbon Core this morning regarding their Multicopter Adapter PhotoHigher AV130 AV200 DJI Z15 Zenmuse tall landing gear. I asked if the Cinestar 2 axis would fit on the gear and Cam said that the gear was designed for the PhotoHigher and Zenmuse gimbals. I'm quite certain that I'm going to buy a Carbon Core 950 Hex and I was looking at this landing gear because I will be shooting video with a Sony NEX-5n and everything I've read seems to suggest the Cinestar Gimbal is the way to go when wanting to shoot video providing you don't want to spend the extra money on the Zenmuse. Therefore, I'm leaning towards the Cinestar.

Has anyone heard of someone attaching the Cinestar to the Multicopter Adapter PhotoHigher AV130 AV200 DJI Z15 Zenmuse tall landing gear? Is this even possible?

If I'm incorrect about my assessment of the gimbals please let me know, I'm hear to learn. Basically I'm trying to make the best choices possible prior to purchase.
Exploroman is offline Find More Posts by Exploroman
Old May 12, 2013, 10:48 PM
Explorocam
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2012
429 Posts
Hi Cam and anyone else.

I held off on my purchase of the 950 because things suddenly changed in the gimbal world. I'm now looking at a Brushless gimbal for the NEX5n. I've calculated that my AUW should be around 4Kg with 4S and as much as I want to stick with 4S it seems like I'll have to go in the direction of 6S on 400Kv Motors with 14 to 15 inch props to get decent flight times. If I use 6S then I will be over 4Kg by a bit.

This is at least what I think based on checking motor specs, eCalc and talking to motor sellers. Would someone be able to avise me if I'm going in the right direction or am I going to turn my Hex into a sail with such big props? I was thinking of the T-motors MT4014/400 or the MT3515/400 or motors of similar specs from a different seller is fine to. However, I would consider a 4S-5S setup if I can get good flight times for video.

So I would like it, if Cam from Carbon Core, or someone else could PM me or reply to this thread and help put me in the right direction. I'm having a hard time to decide as I'm not sure what to expect.

Thank you in advance.
Exploroman is offline Find More Posts by Exploroman