New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2014, 08:59 AM
Find More Posts by Iflyrc_vic
USA
Joined Dec 2004
1,419 Posts
Discussion
SU-26 Skyliner RC

I purchased this 60" SU-26 ARF several months ago from General Hobby. I have since discontinue doing business with that vendor due to his dishonesty (that's another story). The ad says it is a Skyliner RC model but the box is totally void of any manufacturing mark as well as the instructions.

I am in the process of building the model now and wondered why I have not seen any postings here or anywhere about this model except on the General Hobby web sight. I have seen information about the 70" model but not the 60" model.

The construction, covering and hardware are typical of those found in most ARFs built in China or Viet Nam. It "looks" pretty good.

Any one have any information on powering, building or flying this model?
Thanks,
Vic
Iflyrc_vic is offline Find More Posts by Iflyrc_vic
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2014, 03:06 PM
Find More Posts by frajolex
Canada, ON, Ajax
Joined Nov 2013
21 Posts
Hi Vic, I just bought this plane from General Hobby (it is on sale for $155.97 until tomorrow), did you figure out a good battery / motor / esc combination?

I was planning to go with a turnigy G60 motor + 4000mah 6s 25c battery + 70A opto esc.... I'm pretty sure this is overkill, any suggestions?
frajolex is offline Find More Posts by frajolex
Last edited by frajolex; Dec 27, 2014 at 03:30 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 01:34 PM
Find More Posts by Iflyrc_vic
USA
Joined Dec 2004
1,419 Posts
Power System

I am using a power setup I had in my Lancair 60 size plane that I converted to electric.
  • OS Brushless Motor 5025-375kv
  • Castle Creations Pheonix ICE 100 amp ESC
  • 6S 5000mah Lipo
I have not flown the plane yet but this system was plenty for the Lancair - clocked at 91 mph. It may also be a bit overkill for this plane but I had it in the shop.

Another modeler post he was using a Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 5045-500kv motor, with a 16 x 8 prop on a 6S battery with an AUW of 4 pounds. He reported that he had a lot of power that flew this plane very well.
Iflyrc_vic is offline Find More Posts by Iflyrc_vic
Old Dec 28, 2014, 07:55 PM
Find More Posts by GooberSB
An Ordinary User
United States, VA, Fluvanna
Joined Jan 2011
1,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iflyrc_vic View Post
I purchased this 60" SU-26 ARF several months ago from General Hobby. I have since discontinue doing business with that vendor due to his dishonesty (that's another story). The ad says it is a Skyliner RC model but the box is totally void of any manufacturing mark as well as the instructions.

I am in the process of building the model now and wondered why I have not seen any postings here or anywhere about this model except on the General Hobby web sight. I have seen information about the 70" model but not the 60" model.

The construction, covering and hardware are typical of those found in most ARFs built in China or Viet Nam. It "looks" pretty good.

Thanks,
Vic
I've been considering one of the other models myself. What do you not like about the company?

Are the instructions not even useful?

The sales are always on. Check again tomorrow and you'll see that the sale "ends in 2 days" or maybe only 1.
GooberSB is offline Find More Posts by GooberSB
Old Dec 31, 2014, 04:33 PM
Find More Posts by ronaldopn
Brazil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Oct 2012
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iflyrc_vic View Post

Thanks,
Vic
I have the Skyline Sbach 60" ready to the maiden flight which should happen this Friday. My setup is quite cheap:
NTM 50-50 580KV / 2000W
15X8 APC prop
6S 3300mAh 35C lipo
Red Brick 100A ESC
Tested on ground and I'm getting close to 2000W and around 88A. (very close to what is written at HK's web site)

I have ordered 3 Skyline ARF kits from GH and despite the delay (and not the best English) on a few messages I never had an issue. I always request the most economic shipping available but the planes arrived intact. I have a Corvus 30cc at the post office which I should pickup next week.
I always ask GH if they will have spare parts for the kits I order (the answer is always yes) but I'm afraid that when I really need it will not be that easy

I have already contacted the manufacturer before and they confirmed I could get parts from GH
http://skyline-rc.com/
ronaldopn is online now Find More Posts by ronaldopn
Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM
Find More Posts by BigChinoDon
United States, AZ, Chino Valley
Joined Feb 2013
11 Posts
Can anyone tell me the depth of the electric motor mount on this kit?
BigChinoDon is online now Find More Posts by BigChinoDon