HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 09:31 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkishan16 View Post

Well, I would like to correct you (respectfully) that with the latest OpenLRSng firmware, this is now a breeze, you'll be up and away before your batteries charge

I would recommend the Dipole over turnstyle as well, but that's my personal -choice, they're all good for up 10-15k anyways
No worries!
I agree completely that with the newer OpenLRSng things have gotten much easier but there is still a bit more learning curve than other systems and some still seem to have problems getting it figured out. I still have one on my Phantom (at least until my second DL Rx arrives ) and it works just fine.

Cheers!
mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Talon X-UAV Build
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 12:01 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,758 Posts
Does anyone know the weight of the kit only, no electronics? I have searched but get different figures.
tritan is online now Find More Posts by tritan
Old Today, 12:49 AM
Joined Jun 2012
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q View Post
Hey Lukino,

Good start! Here are a couple of suggestions or points you may not know:

You will likely want to get the aluminum motor mount from SmallPartsCNC.com as the stock mount is pretty weak:

http://smallpartscnc.com/index.php?r...ry&path=20_185

Get a name brand prop. The HK props are generally pretty bad especially if you are going to use an onboard camera to record video. Stick with original APC, HQ, Aeronaut or Graupner, balance them and you'll be much happier with the results.

Consider getting a DragonLink Dipole instead of the Turnstile. They are flexible enough for a wing and I think do a better job than the Turnstile on this wing.

If you haven't set-up an OrangeRX LRS system, be prepared to spend a lot of time doing so. There are several good threads here on RCG for this so do some reading and take your time. This is not a plug and play system but once set-up it will do a fairly good job. Also, I know they call it a 1 watt system but most of these run closer to 300mw (which should be enough in any case)

Hope that helps
Mark
sorry forgot to write it down I got it and thanks for the antenna I will change it to dipole many thanks and from beginning I will only fly max 1k till I will be more confident to fly longer distances many thanks guys for your advice
lukino37 is online now Find More Posts by lukino37
Old Today, 03:58 AM
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukino37 View Post
sorry forgot to write it down I got it and thanks for the antenna I will change it to dipole many thanks and from beginning I will only fly max 1k till I will be more confident to fly longer distances many thanks guys for your advice
Great advice as usual from Mark orange LRS kit will work just fine if you treat it right and do some preventative maintenance before you start using it like checking out the antenna connection and general soldering and build quality on the PCB itself. I fly two of these units without problem for a long time now. Front ends on the receivers are not the most selective so I use a band pass filter to help that situation on both of mine. Take your time with FPV don't be in a hurry to get miles out there, do it slowly get to know your airframe and electronics and take it a step at a time. Build up your distance flying in steps you will enjoy it as it's a blast!! Remember to keep the same polarisation on your antenna's (IMHO vertical is best as it provides the best omni directional radiation pattern) and if possible have them tuned to the centre of the frequency band you are using. I use a Moxon (directional) on my transmitter and a dipole on the model both home made and tuned to centre frequency, at 8kms I have 76% RSSI and have never lost the link yet, treat it right and it will pay you back, have fun.
billhally is offline Find More Posts by billhally
Last edited by billhally; Today at 04:07 AM.
Old Today, 07:26 AM
Joined Jan 2013
105 Posts
Anyone using the spinners from espritmodels? I'm having problems with the yoke shaft stripping and then breaks when trying to get it off. I've broke 2 now this week seems they are poor quality.
raptor357 is offline Find More Posts by raptor357