SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 02, 2015, 05:13 AM
Find More Posts by henriknord
Joined Apr 2015
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1 View Post
i had to because using the DR16 receiver on my 450 and phantom users would need to as well but no if your using non dji go straight for the receiver,

its the DJI tx/rx thats stopping me being able to fully step tilting so it uses full range of the leaver on the back, DJI have no way of setting output range so if you set the gimbal limits at 0 and -90 the start of the leaver won't work.

also a note on this enyone worked out how to set to top limit below 0, i can see my legs in it fov just , wanted to go further but you can put anything - into that box.
Perhaps you can solve your problem with this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pitch-Contro...item33a1e3216a

I installed it on my remote and now I have full range of tilt control.
henriknord is offline Find More Posts by henriknord
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2015, 05:33 AM
Find More Posts by Mad_angler1
A Trainee Pilot
United Kingdom, Wales
Joined Jan 2015
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henriknord View Post
Perhaps you can solve your problem with this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pitch-Contro...item33a1e3216a

I installed it on my remote and now I have full range of tilt control.
i did look at that but in the end i did not think it would solve the problem, the dji radio set via the naza outputs the full range PPM, e.g from 1000 to -1000, when you set the tilt limits in the Tarot software, e.g. upper limit to 0 so the camera is straight on it ignores any further rc input from that point, the problem is when the leaver is fully left the camera should be pointing up, and you move it to tilt the tarot ignores the input until you reach the point the camera is currently at, this means a large part of the leaver moment is ignored. i need to have a good look into adding the pot and see if you can then preset the start point, in reality this could easily be solved if the NAZA had full endpoint adjustments on the rc,
Mad_angler1 is online now Find More Posts by Mad_angler1
Old May 02, 2015, 06:44 AM
Find More Posts by henriknord
Joined Apr 2015
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1 View Post
i did look at that but in the end i did not think it would solve the problem, the dji radio set via the naza outputs the full range PPM, e.g from 1000 to -1000, when you set the tilt limits in the Tarot software, e.g. upper limit to 0 so the camera is straight on it ignores any further rc input from that point, the problem is when the leaver is fully left the camera should be pointing up, and you move it to tilt the tarot ignores the input until you reach the point the camera is currently at, this means a large part of the leaver moment is ignored. i need to have a good look into adding the pot and see if you can then preset the start point, in reality this could easily be solved if the NAZA had full endpoint adjustments on the rc,
Ok, have you tried to calibrate the X1 channel in the Naza? Perhaps that could solve it.
Also make sure that in the Tarot software the input from the lever ranges from around 100 to -100. it can be seen in the lower right corner.
henriknord is offline Find More Posts by henriknord
Old May 02, 2015, 06:54 AM
A Trainee Pilot
United Kingdom, Wales
Joined Jan 2015
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henriknord View Post
Ok, have you tried to calibrate the X1 channel in the Naza? Perhaps that could solve it.
Also make sure that in the Tarot software the input from the lever ranges from around 100 to -100. it can be seen in the lower right corner.
did the calibration on both the handset and the dji app, i was using the leaver ranges on the tarot app to find the issue, i have the top limit set as 0 so the cam is horizontal, the rc input as at 100, then when i move the leaver the camera does not begin to tilt until rc input reaches 0 then it begins to tilt down as it should all the way to -100, the period between 100 and 0 does nothing, i working this out to be because i have set the top limit at 0, if i set it to 90 so it tilts all the way up it works as expected.

it seams if you limit the the tilt you would have to be able to set endpoints on your rc to gain full control

not sure i have explained this rite
Old May 02, 2015, 08:29 AM
A Trainee Pilot
United Kingdom, Wales
Joined Jan 2015
253 Posts
SOLVED, rite you guys got me thinking and a look and sorted the problem,

first thing i spotted was in the naza assistant the gimbal did not start to tilt until the leaver reach the half way mark, what i did was removed the back off the tx, market the positions of the leaver on the pot on the board, i notice it only uses a very small part of the pots range, then i worked out how big my dead sone was on the leaver, i then calibrated the X1 channel again manually by screwdriver adding the size of the dead zone to the side that it was on, i turned the pot extra by that amount on that side, now when i refit the back the leaver works from one full size, when i look at the naza assistant now the leaver goes from centre to the far end not end to end hens now its working, had to do it a few times to get it spot on,

one note before you do this you need to calibrate the pot in the controller assistant first again by screwdriver, it don't need to be precise but the range needs to be larger than the range you will calibrate in later or the naza can't see it, i calibrated it end to end and it was fine.
Old May 02, 2015, 02:44 PM
A Trainee Pilot
United Kingdom, Wales
Joined Jan 2015
253 Posts
Tarot Brushless Gimbal for Gopro Hero 3

WOW just spotted something, can this gimbal be run on 4S ? The manual says 3s up to 14.8 But just seen a spec that lists 4s , I'm using bec to take the voltage down. If I can loose that I'll save a few grams and a bunch of wires