New Products Flash Sale
Old May 04, 2015, 10:07 AM
Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,945 Posts
I think there is too much mixing built into the AR7200BX to work on fixed wing. The AR8000 will be fine, though obviously it's just a plain Rx, no stabilisation of any kind.

If your friend wants a simple rate gyro to smooth the plane out in wind etc then Lemon Rx do a excellent Spektrum compatible Rx with built in gyro.
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2015, 12:36 PM
Find More Posts by A VIKING
Joined Mar 2012
1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
I think there is too much mixing built into the AR7200BX to work on fixed wing. The AR8000 will be fine, though obviously it's just a plain Rx, no stabilisation of any kind.

If your friend wants a simple rate gyro to smooth the plane out in wind etc then Lemon Rx do a excellent Spektrum compatible Rx with built in gyro.

Thanks JPF!
I thought so on the BX but didn't know if an adjustment or swashplate type would allow fixed wing control.
I'll use the AR8000 and try to talk him into buying a real trainer that can take some hits.
The T-28 is to pretty to hand over to someone who has never flown.
I'll let him borrow my Phoenix also so he can see how fast the money would be spent on repairs.
A VIKING is offline Find More Posts by A VIKING