HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:28 AM
Thanks Wilber and Orville !.
San Jose Cally
Joined Jan 2004
1,036 Posts

1- Must touch cool wheel pants. Deeks are stickers not water slides
but left off for you.
2- The cowl....Hmmm dremal time for cooling..more on that later.
The foam cells are super tight and smooth...good job on the mold Tony !.
3- Inside the fuse shot.
4- New Dynam BEE GEE Great planes GEE BEE Parkzone GEE BEE UMX
5- Same trio....but thats my DX7S for size referance. Substantial pants
as they would cover my Xmitter if put on top.
6- Moch up...the prop will sit out further with the prop adapter.
sonic liner is offline Find More Posts by sonic liner
Last edited by sonic liner; Oct 18, 2012 at 01:25 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:35 AM
San Jose Cally
Joined Jan 2004
1,036 Posts
Gee bee

1- Super smooth foam EPO...Large control surfaces with big ailerons, Rudder, and Elevator.
Nice move Dynam !.
2- First 6 steps.
3- Next six steps.
4- Cover page.
Last edited by sonic liner; Oct 18, 2012 at 12:48 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:53 AM
San Jose Cally
Joined Jan 2004
1,036 Posts
Let me know what you pilots think about Dynams new offering. I am very happy with " Watt " I have seen so far. The pilot figure looks like a cross between " Al Bundy " and " Wilson " from the home improvment show.....LOL.With such a low parts count and bolt together construction, you could get 6 or so of these units and build them at the feild as part of an event....then fly the wings off of them in a pylon race/ BBQ. My hats off to all of the people who'm worked hard to bring us such an outstanding value at this affordable price point.The add is a bit misleading, but the manual clearly states that the battery pack comes with the RTF unit not the plug and play. Perhaps you can edit the add Antonio.

Pete
Last edited by sonic liner; Oct 18, 2012 at 01:11 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:47 AM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
2,895 Posts
AWESOME!!! Keep the intel coming. This plane looks amazing. All you need now, is the new R3 from Nitrolplanes, and the R3 from Cermark. Oh, and the mini R3 from HobbyKing. Then your foamie GEEBEE collection will be complete.

-Cub
Cubcrazy is offline Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Z Cub Floats are here!!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:58 AM
San Jose Cally
Joined Jan 2004
1,036 Posts

Is anyone else getting one of these ?.

Pete
Last edited by sonic liner; Oct 18, 2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:33 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic liner View Post

Is anyone else getting one of these ?.

Pete

I'd be glad to if I could find someone to pay for it!

Thanks for the pics, I'm a sucker for all things GeeBee.

What's with the black cowl on the GreatPlanes model?

I recently finished some repairs on my GreatPlanes unit after getting a "bit" too close to the pesky power lines It floated down after the impact for a perfect 3-point landing! A cracked wing, scuffed cowl and bent landing gear wire were the only issues. Mine sports a 35-36 1200Kv spinning a 10x7 prop on 3s and she rips around like an R-model should

Looking forward to your flight reports....
Sammy70 is online now Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:00 PM
San Jose Cally
Joined Jan 2004
1,036 Posts
That's from a loose motor mount grinding off the front of the cowl. It's upgraded to a wooden one now. I should have the Dynam plane ready by Monday. I will take some more pics along the way. Sent from my phone. Pete
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:16 PM
San Jose Cally
Joined Jan 2004
1,036 Posts
Hey pilots.

I just returned from the flying feild after performing my maiden, plus two additional flites.
Last night I spent 2 hours and 19 min putting the Bee together. Its really easy to do.....thats including the program time as well. I had an older JR Max6 FM radio sitting around and decided to put it in the plane. No expo....no duel rates...etc.

I was amazed at how well this airplane flys !. It taxies very good....tracks straight down the runway. The tail takes its time to lift off and this beast has plenty of power using Gens Ace
2100 3S 30 C packs. I was doing some awsome knife edge flite just minutes into the maiden. Kinda weird using the old school trim tabs, but it only needed just two clicks of down trim. The best part was the landing...its one of the easyest planes I have to land. No bouncing.....just flair it at the end.

All and all I am elated at the performance of this Gee Bee and just ordered two more for Xmas gifts. I was alone at the feild because we can fly electric only until 8:30 AM and dont have any vidio, but did snap a few when arriving home of her lounging by the pool.

The only thing I did was to open up three of the hourglass slots in the dummy radial engine by shaving the back side off from the rear. Its in alignment with the cooling tunnel. And I cut away the shrink wrap on the ESC heatsink only, leaving the rest on so it dident come loose. The prop seemed balanced when I bench tested it....so I left it alone. Its sounds really cool on flybys and flies like a .40 size airplane. Happy landings to you all out their !.
Pete
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:49 PM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
2,895 Posts
Pics look great. No surprise it is another great flying airplane. I think that painting the teardrop bumps in the cowl either white or black would really set it off. When I get back to flying, I have to get myself set up with a Go Pro hat-cam. Too long have I been flying with too little video coverage. I have a Night Vapor to hold me over till my tour is up. Been here long enough already.

Cub
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:29 PM
San Jose Cally
Joined Jan 2004
1,036 Posts
Hi CC.

Yes thats yet another great idea for the solo pilot at the feild, they seem to stay on target as your head moves with the airplane. Funny thing.....I was looking at the cowl bumps as well, but thinking I would have to hand paint each one. The idea of masking and having the paint lift or the mask " Bleed " helped stave me off of the idea. It would be great if we had some thin plastic caps from Park flyer plastics as thin as a ping pong ball to cap these bumps. Then you could shoot them flat black....yellow....or just leave them white.

BTW I was getting 4-5 min flights today and I will probably use two packs in " Lel " to get 4400 MLPs. This airplane is large enough to accept the extra 6 oz
and the packs wont be taxed as much.....I was at 11.35 volts after landing.
Also, I used the factory recomended CG at 50 mm on my machine and you need to remove the two top screws on the forward wing braces and swing them rearward or they will hamper your activity.

I have named the airplane " Shnowzer " for now.

Pete
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:30 PM
NORDPAC S3
United States, OR, Estacada
Joined Jan 2009
1,058 Posts
Quote:
Hey pilots.

All and all I am elated at the performance of this Gee Bee and just ordered two more for Xmas gifts.

Pete
SL, that is mighty nice of you to get me a Gee Bee Sportster for Christmas. I'll try to reciprocate with a nice gift.

Mfpage
mfpage is offline Find More Posts by mfpage
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:35 PM
NORDPAC S3
United States, OR, Estacada
Joined Jan 2009
1,058 Posts
I had the privilege of viewing the full scale version of this Gee Bee at the Evergreen Air Museum in McMinnville Oregon in September 2011. The full size version seemed smaller than I expected. It is one beautiful flying machine.

Mfpage
mfpage is offline Find More Posts by mfpage
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:31 AM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
2,895 Posts
NP Video of New Gee Bee Y

Quick look: Dynam GeeBee 1270mm (1 min 38 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2012, 10:28 PM
San Jose Cally
Joined Jan 2004
1,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfpage View Post
SL, that is mighty nice of you to get me a Gee Bee Sportster for Christmas. I'll try to reciprocate with a nice gift.

Mfpage
Ho Ho Ho.......LOL.

Pete
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:45 AM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
2,895 Posts
Quote:
LTR

1- Da Box !
2- Da inner box !
3- Da inner inner Boxes !
4- All of the parts outside of the inner box.
Those are 12 inch props for size scale.
5- The wings
6- The cool wheel pant sets already to go
This thread has been dead for a while. I haven't seen any videos online, or anyone else talking about this plane. I haven't gotten one yet..but I still want one. Must be it is not that popular since it's never sold out at NP. Have you gotten your's in the air yet?
RCG Plus Member