HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2014, 08:15 PM
Joined Jul 2008
449 Posts
She is a bullitproof platform!! Excellent power and handling!
spiteful54 is offline Find More Posts by spiteful54
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2014, 10:10 AM
" Plain Crazy! "
Australia, WA, Broome
Joined Oct 2008
2,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by farrari View Post
Which means it will stall at the tip first, is that what people experience.
"Reflex" is set there too for me farrari..... Like their SE5A model..... as you followed on that thread with me

Posted pics of it set on the Mk24 looking from the rear.....when I was in Derby W.A. a few pages back..... ref show attachments on this thread .....on Thread Tools tab.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post28840754 post 4975

Sorts out that AOA at the wing ends ahead of the ailerons being set lower than the tip for a delay of post stall wing drop...... however .... no matter how you delay the stall with your style of flying..... when you do..... the wing will fall away fast on this ship....... it is not a docile trainer with all the safeguards.......,.... it is a machine meant to be "Mean"
Hondajet is offline Find More Posts by Hondajet
Last edited by Hondajet; Sep 26, 2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 02:18 AM
Australia, NSW, Balgowlah Heights
Joined May 2013
389 Posts
HJ, thanks will add some.
farrari is offline Find More Posts by farrari
Old Sep 27, 2014, 02:29 AM
Out of the Past
Canada, BC, Vernon
Joined Aug 2014
11 Posts
Reflex aileron only applies to high speed drag,not to tip stall. Check attached pic of split? flaps on a Me 109. Dual purpose. 1. Airbrake 2. Inboard spoiler inducing root stall enabling aileron control at low speed. German enginering circa 1936.
inducing might be wrong word.
IGIVEUP1 is offline Find More Posts by IGIVEUP1
Last edited by IGIVEUP1; Sep 27, 2014 at 11:54 AM.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 09:22 PM
" Plain Crazy! "
Australia, WA, Broome
Joined Oct 2008
2,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGIVEUP1 View Post
Reflex aileron only applies to high speed drag,not to tip stall. Check attached pic of split? flaps on a Me 109. Dual purpose. 1. Airbrake 2. Inboard spoiler inducing root stall enabling aileron control at low speed. German enginering circa 1936.
inducing might be wrong word.
Very True ! ...... in every aspect .

That is why I was "careful" to mention in my semantics of description, that it affected the AOA of the Wing Profile ahead of the Ailerons and not the Wing Tips as associated with the "Tip Stall" terminology always used here.

Reflex still applies though, for inducing the "Washout" principle without twisting or warping the wings and the overall effect does play down the early stalling of the outer section of the wing , and would also tame the wing tip stall when it happens , as the the aerofoil just inboard and next to the Tip ahead of the ailerons is not at its same high AOA as the Tip, and still flying so to speak , supporting that stalled Tip !
Last edited by Hondajet; Sep 28, 2014 at 06:33 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 09:33 PM
" Plain Crazy! "
Australia, WA, Broome
Joined Oct 2008
2,323 Posts
Reviewing that interesting pic of the Bf109 above, the inboard Root Spoiler modification to work with its mated Split Flap would act more as a Dive Air Brake or "Crow" like sailplanes incorporate.

And talking about Reflex again...... I have that dialed in on the FMS 1400mm 109 too .....
Last edited by Hondajet; Sep 28, 2014 at 06:32 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 03:32 AM
Out of the Past
Canada, BC, Vernon
Joined Aug 2014
11 Posts
Hmmmm!

Look at the attitude of the 109 HJ ! He is in a climbout with his wheels retracting. He has a fair wack of left stick in as indicated by the right aileron. (Perspective makes it look like a outer flap). Now I got myself thinking again. I saw a 109 a 100 years ago and read the explanation of what was the purpose, but cant remember.
MK 24 on the doorstep next week. 65hrs on the sim flying Airfield Corsair and then changed mind to Spit. Closest thing on my sim is 39 inch Great Planes electric Spit. You werent kidding about the smaller planes going out of sight quick. I had my nose on my 40" monitor.
Cheers!
Last edited by IGIVEUP1; Sep 29, 2014 at 03:46 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 05:39 AM
got any foam to bash?
Lake Grove,LI, NY
Joined Aug 2000
5,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGIVEUP1 View Post
Look at the attitude of the 109 HJ ! He is in a climbout with his wheels retracting. He has a fair wack of left stick in as indicated by the right aileron. (Perspective makes it look like a outer flap). Now I got myself thinking again. I saw a 109 a 100 years ago and read the explanation of what was the purpose, but cant remember.
MK 24 on the doorstep next week. 65hrs on the sim flying Airfield Corsair and then changed mind to Spit. Closest thing on my sim is 39 inch Great Planes electric Spit. You werent kidding about the smaller planes going out of sight quick. I had my nose on my 40" monitor.
Cheers!
Huh? the right aileron is not deflected in that picture! The inbd and outdb flap are deflected down and the aux upper surface flap is deflected up to improve cooling to the radiator.
Tom Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Tom Hunt
Old Sep 29, 2014, 11:30 AM
Out of the Past
Canada, BC, Vernon
Joined Aug 2014
11 Posts
Thanks Tom!
Old Yesterday, 03:49 AM
" Plain Crazy! "
Australia, WA, Broome
Joined Oct 2008
2,323 Posts
Oh the Radiators !.... obviously yes.... fits the picture for the configured look on that takeoff ...... Dorsal Radiator "Cowl" Flaps so to speak !
Last edited by Hondajet; Today at 12:16 AM.
Old Yesterday, 03:20 PM
Out of the Past
Canada, BC, Vernon
Joined Aug 2014
11 Posts
Thanks HJ!

Tom put me in right direction. 109 radiators are sunk into wing for streamline.
Run hot quick on ground. Upper flap opens to get heat out. There is boundry layer slot between upper flap and wing so no flow separation.
4 checks at HK so MK 24 on the way for next Friday. Appreciate all the hi res pics of your install. Will copy except maybe for custom length wiring on everything and some bushpilot 2.5 mains and 1 inch rear and the doors clip.
Cheers Oz!!
PS: Dont suppose you tried it on skies Eh??
Last edited by IGIVEUP1; Yesterday at 03:25 PM.
Old Today, 12:12 AM
" Plain Crazy! "
Australia, WA, Broome
Joined Oct 2008
2,323 Posts
Now that's a thought off the flat hard smooth beaches in Broome ...... but you're sure to snap the stock prop in any nose over with the extra ski drag.

Enjoy your build IGU1 !