HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:46 AM
Crashin RC planes since 2012
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2012
37 Posts
Nosedive Rebuild Part 2

Motor mount is complete, I also attacked the cowel with some hot water tonight and she looks like she might fly again. Just waiting on hobbyking to get some servos, esc's and wing spars now... Hurry up HK!!
FlyinKiwi is offline Find More Posts by FlyinKiwi
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:51 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2012
37 Posts
Motor mount
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:04 AM
Dave
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Apr 2012
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinKiwi View Post
Motor mount
On ya buddy, you have done well

Maybe visit to LHS might be in order to get the big girl airborn....
AscotRC is offline Find More Posts by AscotRC
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:39 PM
Joined Nov 2012
19 Posts
Hello everyone, I have this plane for almost one year and I have just dicovered this forum
this is my plane with suspensions:
King Size Rc Cessna 182 with suspensions, by Alex G.wmv (7 min 2 sec)

I use a 4S 3300mAh, and the stock setup
Alex G is offline Find More Posts by Alex G
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:07 PM
Dave
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Apr 2012
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex G View Post
Hello everyone, I have this plane for almost one year and I have just dicovered this forum
this is my plane with suspensions

Wow those posts would be a nightmare if you weren't concentrating
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:05 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2012
37 Posts
Hey Dave

Did you get your big girl back in the air? I've got most of my parts together now, just waiting on a new ESC to trun up then i'll be back in business. Did the hot water repain on the cowl which got it back into shape alright but it left it a bit swolen and bumpy so ive ordered a new one of them from PW-RC
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:17 PM
United States, MS, Biloxi
Joined Feb 2012
454 Posts
Hey guys, this looks like an awesome Plane! Im planning on getting one and putting floats on it. I have a 60amp eflight esc and an emp 3548 900kv motor and some 4s 3000mah lipos.
Will this setup work out for me?
Dr.JJ is offline Find More Posts by Dr.JJ
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:24 AM
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
I've had this plane for a while now but haven't had the time to build it the way I wanted. Gonna start shortly, I'm reding the motor mount to support an e-flite power 60 (CC75 esc) and will fly it on 6s 5500 (I have a lot of those for my other planes). I bought floats for this plane as well so will try to somehow make it so I can swap floats for LG if I want to.
Minimog is offline Find More Posts by Minimog
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:23 PM
Dave
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Apr 2012
136 Posts
Quote:
Hey Dave

Did you get your big girl back in the air? I've got most of my parts together now, just waiting on a new ESC to trun up then i'll be back in business. Did the hot water repain on the cowl which got it back into shape alright but it left it a bit swolen and bumpy so ive ordered a new one of them from PW-RC
Almost, the space between the spinner and cowl is a bit more than before, it has lost its scale look but should be okay (someone correct me if I am wrong)
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:59 AM
Dave
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Apr 2012
136 Posts
Wing spar

Hey all,
I need some help finding a replacement wing spar to go into the tube as the other one broke. I bought a cf tube but didn't fit and when I sanded it back it still didn't fit, links would be really great!
Appreciate it,
Dave
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:07 AM
Dave
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Apr 2012
136 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the link Dave, ive got the spar on my wishlist for when it comes in.

Im going to take my plane out for her seccond flight this afternoon if the wind stays away, My maiden last week didn't quite go to plan, i had my control surfaces set up WAY to agressively so it was a nightmare to fly, i managed to botch the landing and broke the nose wheel mount. A lump of pine and some hot glue are now supporting the front wheel. I went back to the rcinformer article on the big girl and dialed back my controls A LOT to exactly match his, ive even programmed some expo and some flap/elevator mixing... hope she flys better this time!!
The spar didn't fit in my tube, but you may have better luck...
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:22 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Dec 2009
31 Posts
I make a new tube with a 8mm CF tube and 2 layers shrink tube.
I place the shrink tube not over the hole cf tube but only in the middle and the ends
It fits perfect.
Ton
sandeaa is offline Find More Posts by sandeaa
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:50 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2012
37 Posts
Bummer Dave, What size CF tube did you buy? I got myself a 10mm one from my LHS but haven't got around to fitting it yet... im a little worried now, i'll have a go at installing it this afternoon and let you know how i get on
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:08 PM
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
Here you go, perfect fit and is much stronger than stock. It is also longer so the load is spread air further to the wingtip.
T524L4 (.375in X 4ft long)
http://www.cstsales.com/Carbon_Fiber_Tubes-ss3.html
Minimog is offline Find More Posts by Minimog
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:37 PM
Dave
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Apr 2012
136 Posts
Quote:
Bummer Dave, What size CF tube did you buy? I got myself a 10mm one from my LHS but haven't got around to fitting it yet... im a little worried now, i'll have a go at installing it this afternoon and let you know how i get on
I got a 10mm one and it was just too big... Give yours a go might end up working just don't force it sorry mate!