HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:21 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2009
2,653 Posts
Have any of you freezil deeks - er, diesel freaks heard when David Owen's Taipan replica's will be available ? I'm starting to think that I'll be dead with old age before they get here !
Twin-Stack is offline Find More Posts by Twin-Stack
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2012, 04:52 AM
Newbee
Mornington Vic
Joined Mar 2010
163 Posts
re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-Stack View Post
Have any of you freezil deeks - er, diesel freaks heard when David Owen's Taipan replica's will be available ? I'm starting to think that I'll be dead with old age before they get here !
Nothing on his site, maybe contact him.
kakariki is offline Find More Posts by kakariki
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:50 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gun View Post
Reginald, I am nearing the stage where I will be doing some anodising and I wondered whether in your experience if you had found the need to agitate the acid during the actual anodising process. I have read that it is used in industry, but is it really necessary?
Thanks, Charlie
Here is a scan of the article by N.Rat in MEW magazine Aug 1994
Reginald is online now Find More Posts by Reginald
Old Sep 18, 2012, 06:25 PM
Joined Jun 2011
63 Posts

Thanks Reginald,
Charlie
2gun is offline Find More Posts by 2gun
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:41 PM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gun View Post

Thanks Reginald,
Charlie
There was some follow-up with comments in a later issue about the article. I will look it up but I am off to bed now, it is half past 3 in the morning here and I had to go to Urgence in hospital a few hours ago, my wife became very faint all of a sudden, hart problems do run in her family, so she has to stay the night
on a baxter and cardio will be taken tomorrow. I am very worried. Feel all lost and there's nothing I can do right now. see you guys
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:07 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2009
2,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
There was some follow-up with comments in a later issue about the article. I will look it up but I am off to bed now, it is half past 3 in the morning here and I had to go to Urgence in hospital a few hours ago, my wife became very faint all of a sudden, hart problems do run in her family, so she has to stay the night
on a baxter and cardio will be taken tomorrow. I am very worried. Feel all lost and there's nothing I can do right now. see you guys
Reggy, I'm sure I speak for everyone here on this Forum - hope everything is AOK with your wife, and our best wishes to you both. BOB
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:09 PM
robinson727
USA, MS, Byhalia
Joined Nov 2010
122 Posts
Reginald,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you tonight from this side of the globe.. I hope your wife is safe and well and you find tranquillity in your spirit.
Al
robinson727 is offline Find More Posts by robinson727
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:55 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,681 Posts
Reginald

My thoughts are with you at a difficult time, I know just how you feel, my wife had similar problems last year which thankfully turned out to be caused by a virus which cleared up. I sincerely hope it is the same for you.
Sundancer is online now Find More Posts by Sundancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:07 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer View Post
Reginald

My thoughts are with you at a difficult time, I know just how you feel, my wife had similar problems last year which thankfully turned out to be caused by a virus which cleared up. I sincerely hope it is the same for you.
I went to the hospital today to take her home. It turned out that things were not as dramatic as I feared. She has been working far too hard lately and this, combined with a low blood pressure to watch out for, resulted in her collapse. Surprisingly she did take all of this far more relaxed than I did. Of course she now realises that she must take this inherited hart risk must be taken more seriously. I believe some medication was prescribed. Our saiplane weekend with the RBW club to Cap Blanc Nez on sat/sunday goes on and I am sure that a nice beach walk from the tiny village of Escalles (at the foot of the Cap) toward Wissant will do her tremendously good.
My sincere thanks to all of you for the well wishing I received. It really did make me feel good. Thank you guys !
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:33 AM
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Joined Sep 2003
509 Posts
Good to hear the good news Regi.
mchandrayan is online now Find More Posts by mchandrayan
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:27 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchandrayan View Post
Good to hear the good news Regi.
Thank you !
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:35 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Highld
Joined Oct 2007
24 Posts
AM 15 Diesel

Anybody know what the crankshaft thread is on the AM 15.

John
proctor is offline Find More Posts by proctor
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:12 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2009
2,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by proctor View Post
Anybody know what the crankshaft thread is on the AM 15. John
John, its 1 BA, and its worth pointing out here (for those that don't know) how I found that out. Go to Brian Hampton's site ( http://sceptreflight.net/Model%20Eng.../A-M%2015.html ) look up the appropriate Engine Test, and 9 times out of 10 either Peter Chinn or Ron Warring will mention the shaft thread size in their test report. BOB
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:41 PM
New Zealand, Auckland, Papakura
Joined Nov 2006
362 Posts
AM Engines

Very helpful Twin-Stack. I have the first three - would like to get a 3.5cc redhead to complete the set sometime - so have printed out the engine test reports for each engine. Always a handy reference to have tucked away with the engine. Thanks
Allen
Teals1 is offline Find More Posts by Teals1
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:39 AM
Newbee
Mornington Vic
Joined Mar 2010
163 Posts
Another whatisit

Hi All
Got this in bulk lot, no markings, about 1.5cc, can anyone identify it.
Thanks barry
kakariki is offline Find More Posts by kakariki