Old May 27, 2015, 01:39 PM
Find More Posts by DLAWW
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H View Post
If you have a blinky mode ESC. then all you have to do is change out your motor, put your esc in blinky mode, and maybe change a pinion/ and unplug your front brake.
Kev! respectfully your indirectly making a better arguing point for me,. The guys that use their Super Bikes for stock class would benefit from a faster motor. Being that most super bikes are heavier than a purpose built stock bike. Example my stock bike is a RTR SB5 much lighter than any super bike, Lito also lightened his bike as much as he could. Lito won the stock class last year at the NAT'S with his lighter modified sb5 pro. The faster motor would help level things, faster motor on a heavier bike would compete better against a lighter bike. Conversely a lighter bike with a faster motor harder to put the power down less stable. OH! also if money is the issue the 10.5 is less win win.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=42462
DLAWW is offline Find More Posts by DLAWW
Last edited by DLAWW; May 27, 2015 at 01:44 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2015, 01:50 PM
Find More Posts by Kev71H
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
4,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWW View Post
Kev! respectfully your indirectly making a better arguing point for me,. The guys that use their Super Bikes for stock class would benefit from a faster motor. Being that most super bikes are heavier than a purpose built stock bike. Example my stock bike is a RTR SB5 much lighter than any super bike, Lito also lightened his bike as much as he could. Lito won the stock class last year at the NAT'S with his lighter modified sb5 pro. The faster motor would help level things, faster motor on a heavier bike would compete better against a lighter bike. Conversely a lighter bike with a faster motor harder to put the power down less stable. OH! also if money is the issue the 10.5 is less win win.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=42462
Lito is skilled at breaking in a brushed motor. This is ok as no rules against breaking in the handout motor.

Not sure what to say about a heavy superbike chassis to use in stock class.

If we run that fast of a motor, why even have stock class?

Still 17.5t stock/blinky is my vote. Sorry Dwayne. Just seems moot to run such a low turn motor for "stock" class.
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old May 27, 2015, 03:17 PM
Find More Posts by grymg
RCMCC.tripod.com
Fremont, CA
Joined Sep 2003
2,457 Posts
I've been running 10.5T on my SB-5 and it is plenty fast, blinky mode also! Only 1/10th at most of the lap is done at full throttle. I would assume the same type of punch for a 13.5T.

I guess what I 'm saying is if you want a visually different looking race than unlimited class, then 17.5T or slower would be it.

For stock aren't you supposed to have a minimum weight also? So how does lightening up your bike help if you had to add the weight back on again.
grymg is offline Find More Posts by grymg
Old May 27, 2015, 03:45 PM
Find More Posts by DLAWW
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
903 Posts
I pointed out the weight issue because some of you only have one bike for both super bike and stock. That puts you at a disadvantage having to change motors in between heats, you change your end points and the bike feels different at the sticks. Having to adjust to that and not getting a chance to tune for the change on the track also increases your disadvantage. I don't have that issue because I have two bikes tuned for both classes and only have to adjust to the class difference. Stock is completely different driving then super bike and if you want to be competitive your first thought is I need more speed! ............just saying. Not having a Stock class is not my aim I just think a faster motor would help level the playing field. That's what Lito did to win and I admire that, he put some thought to the class and came with a purpose built bike.
Last edited by DLAWW; May 27, 2015 at 03:52 PM.
Old May 27, 2015, 04:01 PM
Joined Apr 2002
4,139 Posts
Quote:
I pointed out the weight issue because some of you only have one bike for both super bike and stock. That puts you at a disadvantage having to change motors in between heats, you change your end points and the bike feels different at the sticks. Having to adjust to that and not getting a chance to tune for the change on the track also increases your disadvantage. I don't have that issue because I have two bikes tuned for both classes and only have to adjust to the class difference. Stock is completely different driving then super bike and if you want to be competitive your first thought is I need more speed! ............just saying. Not having a Stock class is not my aim I just think a faster motor would help level the playing field. That's what Lito did to win and I admire that, he put some thought to the class and came with a purpose built bike.
Our dedicated speed demon.
Old May 27, 2015, 04:18 PM
Find More Posts by Guidoracer
United States, CA, LA
Joined Nov 2004
3,306 Posts
In the stock class, as we ran it last year with no weight limitations, I felt the RTR SB5 had a significant advantage over the SB5 Pro, due to its light weight. My goal was to match the RTR weight to minimize their advantage; I got close, but I think I was still heavier than the RTR SB5s.

I do feel that overall, the racing is much closer with the slower bikes. And Dwayne, I have to disagree with you – there are novice racers among us. Despite how fast their Superbikes are, our newer racers don't have the experience that we've earned from years of head-to-head racing, and their mistakes and results show that. I feel that a "stock" class with a slower motor will help them in the long run. Heck, it will help me by forcing me to pay more attention to my driving line and not using all-out bursts of speed to make up for a poor line.

I don't feel there is enough of a speed difference between our Superbike motors and a 10.5 or even a 13.5.

My vote is to stick with the 17.5.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old May 27, 2015, 04:48 PM
Find More Posts by DLAWW
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
903 Posts
AAAAHH you guys just don't want to give me more speed!
Old May 27, 2015, 05:05 PM
Find More Posts by Guidoracer
United States, CA, LA
Joined Nov 2004
3,306 Posts
Quote:
Lol
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old May 27, 2015, 05:28 PM
Joined Apr 2002
4,139 Posts
Quote:
DLAWW for SPEED PRESIDENT!!

I nominate Dwayne for hardcore speed president. LOL

I think you will love the 17.5 class because you enjoy close racing like the rest of us.

Can't wait to race. (big thumbs up) My $26.99 17.5t Trackstar motor is on its way as we speak.
Old May 27, 2015, 09:16 PM
Find More Posts by katana2665
Guilford, Ct.
Joined Jan 2004
1,698 Posts
I couldn't find anything on when the sale is over. Essentially though the savings cancels out what would be normal shipping.

I would really like to get one to put away....maybe friday if the sale is still going.
katana2665 is offline Find More Posts by katana2665
Old May 27, 2015, 11:44 PM
Find More Posts by grymg
RCMCC.tripod.com
Fremont, CA
Joined Sep 2003
2,457 Posts
just placed my order for the 17.5. Tried hard browsing their shop but nothing I could find in the USA warehouse I could use. . . I ended up also ordering two lipo sacks.
grymg is offline Find More Posts by grymg
Old May 27, 2015, 11:56 PM
Joined Apr 2002
4,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grymg View Post
just placed my order for the 17.5. Tried hard browsing their shop but nothing I could find in the USA warehouse I could use. . . I ended up also ordering two lipo sacks.
Funny... I ordered lipo sack too!
Old Yesterday, 12:04 AM
Find More Posts by 2000-redrider
Lakewood, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,064 Posts
Ordered my 17.5 too. Also, I never seem to have enough batteries so a order some packs.
2000-redrider is offline Find More Posts by 2000-redrider