HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:51 AM
Joined May 2011
84 Posts
Discussion
breaking help needed for dle 30 rear corb

Hi every one here,

i m new to the Gas engines. yesterday i was trying to break in the Dle 30 n have some issues wanna discuss it n get help.
i install the engine on the yak 54 by Pilot rc.
i start engine n its start very easily the problem is while i was break in the very first tank on the ground my engine stops all of sudden re start it n it stop again in some time did this for 4 to 5 time n every time engine stops but take long time then comparing every previous time.

i did not change the needle sitting from the factory setting. its the same at 1.5 turn both high n low
some one on the field who was already fly lots of gaser told me ur low end needle is rich make it little lean n he close it then reopen it to 1.2 turn only engine is smooth at low end too .

now the questions is it okey with this setting or do i need to make it rich both as i just born one full tank out of the engine half on ground n half on air with less then 50% throttle.
now next Sunday i will do that again but with ur recommendation.
Johnsmith122 is offline Find More Posts by Johnsmith122
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:44 AM
WCB
NC
Joined Aug 2005
1,103 Posts
I am surprised that the guy at your field who flies gassers didn't teach you how to tune one. Start with 1.5 turns out on both needles. Let the engine warm up then run it at full throttle and turn the high speed needle in until you reach peak rpm.
Return to idle. Run it up at full throttle again and turn the low speed needle in until you get max rpm.
Recheck the high speed needle at full throttle and adjust to max rpm again. That will get you a good high and low speed needle setting.
No need to do any particular breaking in. Just fly it.
WCB is offline Find More Posts by WCB
Old Feb 24, 2013, 02:44 PM
Flying is Living!
Savage, MT
Joined Mar 2008
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCB View Post
I am surprised that the guy at your field who flies gassers didn't teach you how to tune one. Start with 1.5 turns out on both needles. Let the engine warm up then run it at full throttle and turn the high speed needle in until you reach peak rpm.
Return to idle. Run it up at full throttle again and turn the low speed needle in until you get max rpm.
Recheck the high speed needle at full throttle and adjust to max rpm again. That will get you a good high and low speed needle setting.
No need to do any particular breaking in. Just fly it.
Be very careful if you are adjusting it while running. That is a good way to end up going to the clinic. One slip-up and a screw driver could be headed your way at amazing velocity. It would happen so fast your reaction would be long after the event.
Alcuy is offline Find More Posts by Alcuy
Old Feb 24, 2013, 09:51 PM
United States, MI, Waterford Charter Township
Joined Aug 2008
1,435 Posts
To answer your last question, the settings that make/let it run right are the correct ones, for break in or any other times.

The 1.5 turn open settings are there to insure that you can get it started OK. After that, you're expected to tune it to whatever it takes to make it run right.
ahicks is offline Find More Posts by ahicks
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:44 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
That DLE is going to take some time to break in. For a faster breakin I put a frank bowman ring in mine.
By all means tune that engine in You don't want to run it rich due to excess carbon build up nor do you want to run it too lean
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50