HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:48 PM
United States, MD, Rockville
Joined Feb 2010
98 Posts
Discussion
delight and delink problem

i have this very strange problem with the delink and delight controller.

I have now tried two of them and they both have the same issue.

1) install software and drivers, connect delink, program, and upload initial program to controller. this works
2) reconnect the controller to make changes to the program. it craps out saying it could not connect.

I have now had the shop swap out both the delink and the controller. same thing. I have tried this on 3 different PCs, i cannot program the controller at all. im a Sr. IT engineer and consider getting a usb connector to work quite simple, but i am stumped by this issue. Could it be the program ?? it doesnt make any sense. the controller itself is working fine with the one initial program i uploaded to it.

I want to think that im doing something wrong cuz the issue was replicated with a new delink and led controller. Stumped. any ideas ???

i called DE and they suggested i try a powered usb port, which i did and it didnt make any difference. the debug log says echo missed when i try to connect the delink to the controller. it detects the delink just fine.
aquaanox is offline Find More Posts by aquaanox
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2012, 04:46 PM
Joined Feb 2010
7 Posts
If the powered hub didn't work, then you've got me stumped as well.

Can you list your computer specs and OSes?

Since you have a couple of sets, we can rule out a hardware issue...
thenrz is offline Find More Posts by thenrz
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:49 PM
Joined Feb 2010
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenrz View Post
If the powered hub didn't work, then you've got me stumped as well.

Can you list your computer specs and OSes?

Since you have a couple of sets, we can rule out a hardware issue...
yep, tried 2 different powered hubs, and i have usb ports on one of my PCs that is powered as well. The thing is it should have never worked - what is weird is that it worked once - the very first time i programmed it, and then stopped. Same thing with 2 delinks and 2 controllers doesnt make any sense. Could it be something with my initial program, that is sending the controller outta whack ?

I have tried both XP and win 7 (32 and 64 bit). Hardward is a dell laptop, a lenovo, a PC with a asus p5k motherboard etc. i grew up speaking computer stuff and would like ot think that im not missing something seemingly obvious with USB to serial convertors.. BUT you never know.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:51 PM
United States, MN, Elk River
Joined Oct 2011
108 Posts
I have this same problem. Dimension sent me a new link and cable and it doesnt work either. I would advise that nobody buy this light kit untill they fix thier junk. Sixty bucks for 4 led's and some useless circuit board. By the way, the default program doesnt even work properly anymore either. Only channel 7 and 8 work now.
Bipesexual is offline Find More Posts by Bipesexual
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:55 PM
Joined Oct 2011
108 Posts
I would send it back to Esprit but I already installed the red and green led's in the wing.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:27 PM
United States, MD, Clinton
Joined Oct 2010
1,002 Posts
I had that problem and found it easier to just wire in a cc bec 5 amp to power the unit and haven't had any issues since. Just make sure to disconnect the wires going to the computer that power.
houstonderk is offline Find More Posts by houstonderk
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:10 PM
Joined Feb 2010
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonderk View Post
I had that problem and found it easier to just wire in a cc bec 5 amp to power the unit and haven't had any issues since. Just make sure to disconnect the wires going to the computer that power.
can someone else confirm that actually worked ? i did try a powered usb hub
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:32 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,002 Posts
powered usb hub didn't work for me which is why I used a seperate bec.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:03 PM
Joined Feb 2010
98 Posts
since the unit is connected to the PC via USB, how did you disconnect the power to the PC ?
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:19 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,002 Posts
I'll have to check which wire it was, but I just took a meter to the wires to find the one with voltage.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:58 AM
Joined Feb 2010
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonderk View Post
I'll have to check which wire it was, but I just took a meter to the wires to find the one with voltage.
no worries. but this makes sense. thanks.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:31 PM
Joined Oct 2011
108 Posts
I have to backtrack and apologise for my bashing my delight. A fellow from my club tried mine out in both of his computers and it works fine. We messed with my laptop for an hour and figured out that the drivers were not installing. We had windows do a search for the drivers, installed them and the program worked. I think there is definately is a software problem, not a controller problem.