HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 29, 2012, 06:31 PM
Joined Feb 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcrandall1 View Post
Monitor mode will only check pack and cell volts. It will not show IR.

Glen
So the PL6 does not show IR. Does the PL8 show IR? I am asking because I'm in the process of making a purchase ... either the PL6 or the PL8. Just need to know what the differences between chargers are.

Thanks
viperman3 is offline Find More Posts by viperman3
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2012, 06:55 PM
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Sep 2009
1,601 Posts
PL6 calculates IR during charging.
Turner2 is offline Find More Posts by Turner2
Old Aug 29, 2012, 07:39 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperman3 View Post
Just need to know what the differences between chargers are.
As Turner correctly says, IR is calculated during charging. There is no need to use a special mode to get the pack IR. Just read during a charge. You can also do a short charge to get the IR on pack that you just want to take a reading on. Both the Powerlab6 and the Powerlab8 operate the same way with regard to IR.
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:05 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Mar 2012
168 Posts
would appreciate some advice. I've decided to get the CellPro 6 but can't get my head round the connectors/adapters. My current set up is as follows.

All my lipos have a JST-XH balance connector.

I have a Parallel balance board which has a 200mm 6S JST-XH connector.

My charger is a cheap GT power charger. I can plug the parallel board connector directly into the charger.

If I buy the CellPro 6, am I right in thinking I can't plug the parallel board directly into the Cellpro 6 port? I need to either chop the 200mmm JST connector off and replace with a Cellpro one (don't want to do this as won't work in my other charger) or use a cellpro adapter? What adapter do I need here?

I'd also need to run the charger in XH mode? Do I lose any features doing this?
cirrus_uk is offline Find More Posts by cirrus_uk
Old Sep 15, 2012, 04:05 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Mar 2012
168 Posts
bump
Old Sep 15, 2012, 06:39 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,216 Posts
Its possible the parallel board you are describing can be adapted to work with the Powerlab. Dave and Progressive sells interconnect cables with the FMA style end and the JST-XH connector on the other end. However there are a couple different wiring schemes being used making it hard to know which interconnect cable to use. You could get an FMA pigtail and solder it in parallel to the existing connector so the board could be used with both chargers. Not all 9 wires are needed. Only the first 7. Remove the uneeded wires.

However I suspect your board is not fused which is a concern. The Revolectrix MPA is a direct connect to the Powerlab and you can get an seperate interconnect so it can also work with your other chargers.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 07:07 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Mar 2012
168 Posts
cheers for reply. Yes I am planning to upgrade to the fused para board ASAP.

Do I lose any features running the charger in XH wiring mode? vs. FMA

Also am I right in thinking If I get one of the standard FMA adaptors I can just plug the 6 pin cable from my current para board into the 6s port on the FMA adapter board?
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:14 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,216 Posts
With XH mode you lose node only or charge lead only charging on the Powerlab8. Both features aren't on the Powerlab6 except for the small unbalanced preset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirrus_uk View Post
Also am I right in thinking If I get one of the standard FMA adaptors I can just plug the 6 pin cable from my current para board into the 6s port on the FMA adapter board?
Nope. The FMA boards use FMA wiring which are not going to work with the para board.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:21 PM
The earth sucks! Thankfully.
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2003
435 Posts
LiPolys w/ Cellpro JST PA Balance (Node) Plug

Hello:

I have a few Cellpro LiPolys with the original Cellpro balance plug, JST PA. What adapter do I need for such batteries which have less than 6 cells? (Mine are 3S.) Which PL6 combos come with this adapter?

- Jim
JimHSoars is offline Find More Posts by JimHSoars
Old Dec 24, 2012, 06:40 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,216 Posts
Jim,

I believe this is the right combo. But the pictures of the adapters don't match the specs listed in the combo. This will give you the USB cable (important) and two FMA safe adapters which allows you to parallel charge with fused balanced connectors.

http://www.usastore.revolectrix.com/...-PA-Adapters_2

If you also have a lot of JST-XH packs, it may be better to get a combo with the JST-XH adapters then add a JST-PA adapter.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:06 PM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2003
435 Posts
Thanks Gregor99. I asked when I ordered my PL6 and Jamie added a single battery JST-PA adapter to the order.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:52 PM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2003
435 Posts
Multi4 Fuel Tables in PL6

Hi:

Will the PL6 use fuel tables generated with a Multi4?

- Jim
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:51 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimHSoars View Post
Hi:

Will the PL6 use fuel tables generated with a Multi4?

- Jim
Hi:

The answer is NO. Every model uses different Fuel Tables.
Tim Marks is offline Find More Posts by Tim Marks
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:57 PM
Joined Nov 2012
41 Posts
cycle charge/discharge

during the cooldown period the fan stays on and only stops after 60 seconds in the next charge cycle? does not matter if the cool down period is 2 or 5 minutes?
apper001 is offline Find More Posts by apper001
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:24 AM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apper001 View Post
during the cooldown period the fan stays on and only stops after 60 seconds in the next charge cycle? does not matter if the cool down period is 2 or 5 minutes?
Hi:

If I understand your question, this is not an issue. The fans are controlled by a thermistor on the PCB that monitors critical temperature. The fans come on only when they are required to keep the PL running cool. Does this answer your question?

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline Find More Posts by Tim Marks