HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2014, 12:29 PM
Joined Oct 2007
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DMON View Post
Glad to hear it nitrobeast. Keep us posted on the build.
OK, I need some help finding a motor to use. I want to order from someone in the US. Maybe its me, but can't seem to find anything that uses 3 cells and around 3000-3500kv.
nitrobeast is offline Find More Posts by nitrobeast
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2014, 04:17 PM
KK4EHM--FPV Mon!
United States, FL, Sebastian
Joined May 2005
1,444 Posts
I found the Mystery motor I recommend on Ebay from a US seller for you.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3000KV-Outru...item58b1300ff1

I also found a 3500kv that would work.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KDS-Helicopt...item2ebfd2c4e5

Just make sure you know you will need to flip the motor shaft around on them.
3DMON is offline Find More Posts by 3DMON
Old Sep 16, 2014, 07:02 PM
Madison, MS
Joined Oct 2006
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
OK, I need some help finding a motor to use. I want to order from someone in the US. Maybe its me, but can't seem to find anything that uses 3 cells and around 3000-3500kv.
You can run 3 or 4 cells on this. I've been running it in a lynx jet on 3 an 4s with unlimited vertical and getting about 120mph on a 4.1x4.1 apc.

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...0kv-14-8v.html
dpowellmeii is offline Find More Posts by dpowellmeii
Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:25 PM
Newbe learning everyday!
United States, OH, Parma Heights
Joined Aug 2012
748 Posts
I like it
dbdukeboy is offline Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
Old Oct 21, 2014, 01:59 PM
cuckoo for cocoa puffs
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined May 2013
23 Posts
I really want to build this plane, but where are the plans?
didjital is offline Find More Posts by didjital
Old Oct 21, 2014, 02:12 PM
KK4EHM--FPV Mon!
Joined May 2005
1,444 Posts
First page takes you to my website. Click on the free plans section.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 07:24 AM
cuckoo for cocoa puffs
Joined May 2013
23 Posts
Thanks for the reply- it took me a while, but I finally figured out that the thing on the top was a dropdown menu. I built your lil ripper a while back and love it- looking forward to taking a 3d break and getting some speed! I saw a kit or two of yours in the sebatian hs- I thought to myself "that sucks that someone is ripping 3dmon off and selling his designs".....but then yesterday I realized you live in Sebastian! I've been checking out your videos and designs for a while and never put that together. Next time you get down my way look me up, I've got a great little field that me and a few buddies 3d at.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 02:10 PM
Newbe learning everyday!
United States, OH, Parma Heights
Joined Aug 2012
748 Posts
Can this plane be made with dollar tree foam board? I've never done a scratch build so this might be my first!
dbdukeboy is offline Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
Old Oct 22, 2014, 04:28 PM
Madison, MS
Joined Oct 2006
926 Posts
A friend of mine made one from it. They just peeled the paper off. If you leave the paper on it might wind up too heavy.
dpowellmeii is offline Find More Posts by dpowellmeii
Old Oct 22, 2014, 04:35 PM
KK4EHM--FPV Mon!
Joined May 2005
1,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by didjital View Post
Thanks for the reply- it took me a while, but I finally figured out that the thing on the top was a dropdown menu. I built your lil ripper a while back and love it- looking forward to taking a 3d break and getting some speed! I saw a kit or two of yours in the sebatian hs- I thought to myself "that sucks that someone is ripping 3dmon off and selling his designs".....but then yesterday I realized you live in Sebastian! I've been checking out your videos and designs for a while and never put that together. Next time you get down my way look me up, I've got a great little field that me and a few buddies 3d at.
Yep, that's me. I designed a couple of planes for the Hobbyshop to sell here in Sebastian. If I'm ever your way I will. Same here if your in Sebastian. We fly at Airmasters R/C. The local AMA field.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 04:38 PM
KK4EHM--FPV Mon!
Joined May 2005
1,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdukeboy View Post
Can this plane be made with dollar tree foam board? I've never done a scratch build so this might be my first!
There have been a few guys here that built them from Dollartree foam. Just make sure you adjust the plans for the new foam thickness. Dollartree foam is thinner.
The fuselage should be fine without the paper but I think I would leave the paper on for the wing for the added strength.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 07:35 AM
cuckoo for cocoa puffs
Joined May 2013
23 Posts
I'm making mine from dt foam. I make all my planes from it, great stuff. I was thinking of doing a thin folded wing, like the armin type but thinner. I've made a few planes like that and the wing ends up really strong. I remove all the paper all of the time. I left it on once, but with the humidity here in Florida it ends up coming loose anyway, plus it weighs as much as the foam. I recently decommissioned a delta that I made from dt foam. When I was trying to rip the motor mount off and servos etc. I realized how tough this foam really is... I was very impressed.