HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:53 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,244 Posts
Some unboxing videos are alright if they just show the product and keep their personal thoughts to themselves...but who can contain themselves when they get a new model? Some unboxing videos have given me the chance to see stuff I'm never getting, but hear other people talking about. It gives me an slight insight into the product quality and overall build. People get carried away with talking on&on and the video is 15min long... breathing... Also, sometimes there's not a clear explaination or picture of what all comes in a kit, like the blade nano coming with an alkaline powered battery charger instead of a wall plug adaptor... more of less what all comes with the product.

In any case, skip the unboxing video, but I wouldn't mind a maiden flight video of that Rhapsody.

How is that ARF? I don't see any electronics... Very nice though!

I had the same experience with HH, I just ordered a battery and some props for my stryker (they were half the price of the same battery at amainhobbies), they shipped the same day I placed the order. Also I only paid for usps shipping (to save $3, I'm cheap), but for some reason the battery shipped fedex (arriving today, I ordered yesterday!), but my props are being shipped usps and they sent me a tracking # but it's not valid yet (which I don't mind if the props take a little while).
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:42 PM
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Mar 2011
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
WOW.... Horizon hobby is freaking wayyyy fast...I just ordered this plane 2 days ago..Money cleared my bank today..And UPS "lady" already dropped off the box.. Was not expecting this till late next week.
Looks like i have something to do this weekend. ...No i wont bore any of you with a mouth breathing 9 year old un-boxing video..
So your avatar UPS girl showed up with that? 😃
mrmj2u is offline Find More Posts by mrmj2u
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:14 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,711 Posts
Finguz: Arf's dont come with electronics..That would be RTF or PNP..I still need to buy all the electronics, So untill they get ordered and get here, this is where the build will stop for a couple weeks i figure. All my previous planks were foamies, So this balsa is actually pretty cool. I'm impressed with how light it all is yet sturdy. The landing gear is metal and wheels a solid rubber. Wife wanted to do the stickers. ( she did good) So far only one flaw. They did not send the pilot, But not a big deal seeing how I'm tracking down a red baron snoopy..ha

But yes battery prices at H.H are insane, As well as a few more of the items they sell..Gotta make-up for that awsome customer service and fast shipping somehow i guess.

I suppose this is not the right forum to be talking about planks, But ahhh well..Its the pin-drop thread where all is just wy to quiet this time of year.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:15 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmj2u View Post
So your avatar UPS girl showed up with that? ��
No...I lied. It was more of wishfull thinking. Was just some "harry" wore out UPS dude But it could happen someday right ?
Last edited by Dejavu*Xion; Feb 01, 2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:54 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,244 Posts
What's so 'almost ready to fly' about having to build it and source electronics? I thought arf and pnp were basically the same.

I got my nano and um stryker. I feel like I hit the micro lottery. One flight so far on the nano, and it's nice, I really like the size (has 2 batts, and extra eflite batts are $5, Amain's protek is $3.19 or something). The tail seemed solid on turns and everything but it also wagged a little so I'll have to see why. The stryker I'm yet to charge a battery... wondering what my dx7s settings should be, throws and whatnot.

Actually batt prices for the um stryker at HH were half the cost of Amain. Cheapest I found for that exact batt. Even cheaper than Amain's proteks or whatever.
Last edited by finguz; Feb 02, 2013 at 12:06 AM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:21 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,597 Posts
Now I am pissed! "where did you get pictures of my wife when she bleached her hair?"
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:59 AM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Now I am pissed! "where did you get pictures of my wife when she bleached her hair?"
man your're lucky....UPS drivers make big $$$$$
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:46 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz View Post
What's so 'almost ready to fly' about having to build it and source electronics? I thought arf and pnp were basically the same.

I got my nano and um stryker. I feel like I hit the micro lottery. One flight so far on the nano, and it's nice, I really like the size (has 2 batts, and extra eflite batts are $5, Amain's protek is $3.19 or something). The tail seemed solid on turns and everything but it also wagged a little so I'll have to see why. The stryker I'm yet to charge a battery... wondering what my dx7s settings should be, throws and whatnot.

Actually batt prices for the um stryker at HH were half the cost of Amain. Cheapest I found for that exact batt. Even cheaper than Amain's proteks or whatever.
I have only had about 6-7 planes in the past. So I'm by no means a plane guru. But my take on arf's is it usually takes about 7-12 hours to get one built and flying capable. PNP & RTF are pre built with electronics included and set in place. Arfs are not. Hence the Rhapy kit only costing $160. The more i go thru this kit the more I'm finding i need to buy on the side. All said & done looks to be about $500.
So hows it going with your new Nano ? are you flipping around in your living room yet or keeping it simple at this point ? I bet those make for some great trainers. Much better then a boring Sim. lol
Settings for your new styrker: it's a very popular plane. Have you checked for a thread on it in the plane forums ? ( I'm sure you have )

Mhills: If thats your wife I'm well on my way to hell for adultry..lol
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:21 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,597 Posts
Here she is pushing our boy around 6 years ago. She has lost the baby fat.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:48 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,711 Posts
Last edited by Dejavu*Xion; Feb 02, 2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:59 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
I have only had about 6-7 planes in the past. So I'm by no means a plane guru. But my take on arf's is it usually takes about 7-12 hours to get one built and flying capable. PNP & RTF are pre built with electronics included and set in place. Arfs are not. Hence the Rhapy kit only costing $160. The more i go thru this kit the more I'm finding i need to buy on the side. All said & done looks to be about $500.
So hows it going with your new Nano ? are you flipping around in your living room yet or keeping it simple at this point ? I bet those make for some great trainers. Much better then a boring Sim. lol
Settings for your new styrker: it's a very popular plane. Have you checked for a thread on it in the plane forums ? ( I'm sure you have )

Mhills: If thats your wife I'm well on my way to hell for adultry..lol
Ha!

Anyways the nano is cool. I'm traumatized from trying to flip the mcpx, so for now I'm just getting used to it. I like the smaller size though. The battery charger charges at 2c, so I might start using my mcpx charger set to 1c to lengthen battery life. But then again batts are only $5ea.

I real quick looked for um stryker settings here and google but didn't find it right away. I have to spend some time with that. I have the file from spektrum on my pc but I don't know where my sd reader is to transfer it to my tx. But looking at the manual, the high and low rates seemed opposite... I have to do some research before I attempt it and screw a servo up or something. How could throws for a big plane be the same as a micro?

Hey, also, I talked philosophy and biblical accuracy & morality with Jehovah's Witnesses today . Interesting.

BTW Both your ladies are lookers , ... as I smile yet dodge the punches.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:03 PM
Joined Mar 2011
255 Posts
Quote:
Hey, also, I talked philosophy and biblical accuracy & morality with Jehovah's Witnesses today . Interesting.

Both ladies are lookers , ... as I smile yet dodge the punches.
So how was the convo? I'm interested
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:18 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,244 Posts
I have a small book now . 'What Does the Bible Really Teach?'... I'm finally going to know! It's all here!

Converse was mainly about; faith with or without evidence (every religious person has faith, yet most are inevitably wrong in their particular faith save the most correct religion(s)); 'freewill'/serial killers/victims; biblical numbers comparing the #s of Abrahams descendents to the number of stars in the universe and to the grains of sand in all the beaches of the earth (apparently god was using a metaphor, instead of this far off comparison being a result of the only knowledge MAN had at the time); the philosophical problem of evil when a just, omniscient, and omnipotent god exists. I've been reading too much Christopher Hitchens and Sam Harris I think .
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:21 PM
Joined Mar 2011
255 Posts
Quote:
I have a small book now .

Converse was mainly about faith with or without evidence (every religious person has faith, yet most are inevitably wrong in their particular faith save the most correct religion(s)); 'freewill'/serial killers/victims; biblical numbers comparing the #s of Abrahams descendents to the number of stars in the universe and to the grains of sand in all the beaches of the earth (apparently god was using a metaphor, instead of this far off comparison being a result of the only knowledge MAN had at the time); the philosophical problem of evil when a just, omniscient, and omnipotent god exists. I've been reading too much Christopher Hitchens and Sam Harris I think .
Ah cool. I was just wondering. I'm actually a JW and I wonder what people think of us sometimes lol... Although there is a wealth of jokes about us all over the net lol... I'm pretty sure I know which book you have, it's gold right? It's a really good book.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:22 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,711 Posts
oh crap...MrmJ2u is J.w....Best i edit this post. -Religion: very tricky topic to discuss-
Closed Thread