SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 01, 2012, 11:52 AM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dafoe View Post
I see someone else broke their rotation blade fixer. I have the part, but don't see how you go about removing the old one. Looks like you actually have to remove the inner shaft, however, i don't see how you do that. It doesn't just slide off with a little force as is the case with a 107 . Top parts seem glued or on so tight they would break with any more force.

What is the trick???
I just checked mine and it does indeed come apart like most coaxials.

The center shaft is attached to the drive gear with a little phillips screw at the base of the gear. You'll need a small "tweaker" screwdriver to loosen the screw. There isn't a lot of room to work, so don't completely remove the screw. The center shaft should simply slide out once you're done. It's then a simple matter of removing the parts on the outer shaft with a phillips to get to the anti-rotation bracket. Check Helizone's website for the manual. It has a good exploded view that should help you. Good luck!
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Call it a "review preview."
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2012, 07:24 PM
Joined Feb 2012
4 Posts
Here's a bit of advice for you. Make sure you don't back that set screw out too far. If you do it will go back in crossthreaded and the head will break off, rendering the shaft locator useless. You can order new ones but, of course, they don't come with a screw. Totally ridiculous. I get my parts from hobby estore, waiting for a couple weeks for the screws.
Rarebreed is offline Find More Posts by Rarebreed
Old Dec 09, 2013, 09:10 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2011
35 Posts
Rarebreed, I noted your helpful notes on replacing the "rotation blade fixer" on another thread. Are you still flying your Thunderbird? Seems like you overcame some issues in the "learning by doing" manner. I am trying to locate my replacement parts I ordered for the Thunderbird to try and replace them this week.

Best from Austin,

Toltec21
Toltec21 is offline Find More Posts by Toltec21