HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2011, 02:18 PM
Joined Oct 2011
26 Posts
Discussion
Need information / pics of DX4 / DX5 (U.FL connector inside?!)

Hello everybody,

I'm thinking about buing myself a DX4 oder DX5 to use it as student transmitter.
I would like to mod the DX4 / DX5 with a wlan booster for fpv flying. I'd like to fly with my DX8 sitting in a comfortable chair inside my house and having the DX4 / DX5 outsides.

I need to knwo wheather the DX4 and DX5 are equipped with a U.FL connector for the antenne. I'm going to buy a adaptor from sma to u.fl to connect the wlan booster with the transmitter.

My DX8 is only 5 months old, i don't want to loose my guaratee.

Has anyone photos of the inside of the transmitter or can look it up for me?
Would be very kind

Thanks for you support!
Cab_One is offline Find More Posts by Cab_One
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2011, 02:53 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab_One View Post
Hello everybody,

I'm thinking about buing myself a DX4 oder DX5 to use it as student transmitter.
I would like to mod the DX4 / DX5 with a wlan booster for fpv flying. I'd like to fly with my DX8 sitting in a comfortable chair inside my house and having the DX4 / DX5 outsides.

I need to knwo wheather the DX4 and DX5 are equipped with a U.FL connector for the antenne. I'm going to buy a adaptor from sma to u.fl to connect the wlan booster with the transmitter.

My DX8 is only 5 months old, i don't want to loose my guaratee.

Has anyone photos of the inside of the transmitter or can look it up for me?
Would be very kind

Thanks for you support!
I posted full details and pictures on this forum showing what's inside a DX4e just a few days ago. I don't have the reference handy but a search on DX4e will quickly find it.

What you are proposing to do is illegal in most countries.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Nov 25, 2011, 04:34 PM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,647 Posts
The connector on the RF module is the same like on WLAN-Cards. And the cables are also the same

And all the guys nearby using 2.4GHz radios will love you....
Mukenukem is offline Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old Nov 26, 2011, 11:17 AM
Joined Oct 2011
26 Posts
Nice to know, thanks for your answer.

I'm going to search on more time for the photos, my latest search didn't show useful results.

I don't want to boost the signal to 2000mW or something, the other 2.4 GHz systems won't be disturbed.
Cab_One is offline Find More Posts by Cab_One