HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 05:49 AM
Joined Dec 2013
18 Posts
After serious reading up and preparing mentally, I took my P2 out for the first flight today. Started with the gimbal off because that's what everyone seems to be recommending for first-timers, but after 10 minutes of flying I reattached it with my Hero 3 because the P2 was so much easier to fly than I gathered from people's comments! Perhaps it's because I've played my fair share of Xbox in my time, and so the 2 analogue sticks giving similar movements in games such as Call of Duty might have helped me - but I really did find the P2 a breeze to fly. So much so that I decided to do a hand landing every time rather than bother risking it tip over with a full ground landing. Very comfortable, and extremely please!

One issue though, still relating to my gimbal (see earlier posts) - watching the video back, there is a high pitch buzzing noise on the video until the props fire up, and then you can't hear it because the props are louder. Also, the slide lever seemed to cause no response from the gimbal when I used it mid-flight (although it had seemed to work when I tested on my kitchen table a few days earlier). I did set the gain down from the default of 52 all the way down to 2, on a recommendation that this would make the rotation smoother and slower - but would this have cause the slide lever to not function at all, or is the combination of lack of response, and this high-pitch buzzing noise, a sign the gimbal is faulty?

Or are both things expected, given my set up?

I'll try to post a short video on Tuesday with the buzzing noise if that helps. Thanks.
Vic777 is offline Find More Posts by Vic777
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 05:54 AM
United Kingdom, England, Portsmouth
Joined Nov 2006
544 Posts
Well what can I say, ordered the fatshark cloverleafs and boy they give a better picture than the stock types Only tested in the garden with a little flight but worked great!

Want to get the fatshark patch next when money allows!

Dan
offshore1987 is offline Find More Posts by offshore1987
Old Today, 06:05 AM
Joined Jun 2014
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI27 View Post
Bill,

Am I mis-understanding what you say above or does an ND filter really reduce jello?

When I read Wiki for the ND filter it basically says:

Neutral density filter

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Demonstration of the effect of a neutral density filter

In photography and optics, a neutral density filter or ND filter is a filter that reduces or modifies the intensity of all wavelengths or colors of light equally, giving no changes in hue of color rendition.

I always thought jello was "just" caused by a "rolling shudder" unique to each camera?
The ND-filter forces the GoPro to use a slower shutter speed, which eliminates jello.
irrbloss is online now Find More Posts by irrbloss
Old Today, 07:47 AM
Joined Aug 2014
3 Posts
Calibration - Follow exactly as shown YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic777 View Post
After serious reading up and preparing mentally, I took my P2 out for the first flight today. Started with the gimbal off because that's what everyone seems to be recommending for first-timers, but after 10 minutes of flying I reattached it with my Hero 3 because the P2 was so much easier to fly than I gathered from people's comments! Perhaps it's because I've played my fair share of Xbox in my time, and so the 2 analogue sticks giving similar movements in games such as Call of Duty might have helped me - but I really did find the P2 a breeze to fly. So much so that I decided to do a hand landing every time rather than bother risking it tip over with a full ground landing. Very comfortable, and extremely please!

One issue though, still relating to my gimbal (see earlier posts) - watching the video back, there is a high pitch buzzing noise on the video until the props fire up, and then you can't hear it because the props are louder. Also, the slide lever seemed to cause no response from the gimbal when I used it mid-flight (although it had seemed to work when I tested on my kitchen table a few days earlier). I did set the gain down from the default of 52 all the way down to 2, on a recommendation that this would make the rotation smoother and slower - but would this have cause the slide lever to not function at all, or is the combination of lack of response, and this high-pitch buzzing noise, a sign the gimbal is faulty?

Or are both things expected, given my set up?

I'll try to post a short video on Tuesday with the buzzing noise if that helps. Thanks.
Go to - You Tube >
How to Calibrate DJI Phantom 2 Remote Control and Gimbal (3 min 46 sec)
and follow this guys directions exactly as shown. I feel confident it is partially what you need.
MervBowman is online now Find More Posts by MervBowman