Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:49 AM
LSF V-117
United States, IN, Granger
Joined Mar 2006
39 Posts
Question
Rotor Blade Balancing Tape

Hello Fellas,
Where can I get Lead Balancing tapr for main rotor Blades as discussed in Ray Hostetliter's Blsde balancing DVD.
TIA
J
Jack Strother is offline Find More Posts by Jack Strother
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:49 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
8,357 Posts
Most people use good quality insulation tape ... making sure that you stick at T/E first ... lead forward, round L/E and back to T/E ... with sharp model knife then cut BOTH to match T/E.

MikeysRC and many other online sites / Youtube vids etc.

Of course you can get 'special tape' for this ... last I saw was blue and had the Heli Co. name on it ... did use it ? No. It was too narrow and actually didn't stick too well ....

My preferred tape is self-amalgamating tape as that is very soft and stretches nicely, no bubbles, kinks etc. and sticks like proverbial !! I've never had that peel of a blade yet.

igel
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:19 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
I just use black vinyl electrical tape and cut it into thin strips.
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule