HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:48 AM
Spain (MÓlaga)
Joined Aug 2010
293 Posts
hi all

The first test, I'm pretty satisfied.

Very stable, although there are small swings (in my case I have to change the ESCS for the 400mhz)

Altitude hold is good.

I should try the GPS

I still could not work in the other settings, though I suspect it might have been the Esc's flashed (rctimer 40amp /Simonk firm.)

If the all tests are passed successfully, then I mount the MCFC in a new chassis.

Greetings.

MCFC test (0 min 59 sec)
cafecubain is offline Find More Posts by cafecubain
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2012, 01:17 PM
Joined Nov 2012
10 Posts
MCFC Thread

I think its time to start a own thread for MCFC:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post23198896

Pepsi
___pepsi___ is offline Find More Posts by ___pepsi___
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:44 AM
Joined Apr 2008
269 Posts
Hi All
it will be released soon the MCFC firmware 1.1 ver.
- Bug fixed.
- pusher copter include
please see a video for pusher copter
FlyCam MCFC Pusher Copter (4 min 8 sec)

Thanks
Minsoo Kim is offline Find More Posts by Minsoo Kim
Last edited by Minsoo Kim; Nov 08, 2012 at 01:25 AM.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 04:01 AM
Spain (MÓlaga)
Joined Aug 2010
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minsoo Kim View Post
Hi All
it will be released soon the MCFC firmware 1.1 ver.
- Bug fixed.
- pusher copter include
Hi

Interesting! with this system would prevent the movement of correction that should do the Gimball (tilt)
Ideally, the propeller will work in both directions (also backwards)

Mr Minsoo a doubt: in the MCFC it is mandatory that GPS board is in the top, or you can put botton and upload only the GPS module. (see photo)
would facilitate putting a protective housing cap and would be more compact.

Greetings
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:16 AM
Joined May 2008
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox View Post
videos

flying with naviboard on [gyro+acc] and off [gyro only]

http://vimeo.com/28842723

http://vimeo.com/33358489

naviboard gps position hold and alt hold with baro in wind

http://vimeo.com/28842078

naviboard gps position hold, coming home and alt hold

http://vimeo.com/33444769

http://vimeo.com/33444262

sonar for alt hold

http://vimeo.com/28841158
Nice vids mr Warthox.
I was just wondering while you're in PH & Altitude hold, it appears to me that it's not holding, the quad is so agile & all over the place. For sometime you're not giving correction but the quad is not holding its position.

i got myself a blackboard, navi then the navi2 and i guess it's about a year now or so tweaking a lot but can't make it hold its position, continuous correction is required. worst is, it already flipped on me twice while hovering, very dangerous. acromode is ok. but position hold - NO WAY!

there are 2 flyers in our field with the same kk from minsoo - all the same experience, unsuccessful and very disappointed.
ikotikot is offline Find More Posts by ikotikot
Old Nov 10, 2012, 04:03 AM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,217 Posts
I have noticed alot of people having problems with the board. I set one up using all Minsoo equipment and the protection frame. and it has worked pretty good. with the protection frame on it will bob up and down some, but it holds position very well. without the protection frame on it is rock solid. I did also have some issues with the acro mode, but that was only becuse I just needed to figure out how to switch it on and off. but other then that She flys very well. and I still need to try the way points, I have a video showing a flight eariler in this thread.
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Nov 10, 2012, 04:31 AM
Joined May 2008
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
I have noticed alot of people having problems with the board. I set one up using all Minsoo equipment and the protection frame. and it has worked pretty good. with the protection frame on it will bob up and down some, but it holds position very well. without the protection frame on it is rock solid. I did also have some issues with the acro mode, but that was only becuse I just needed to figure out how to switch it on and off. but other then that She flys very well. and I still need to try the way points, I have a video showing a flight eariler in this thread.
thanks for sharing, we are using only the Navi II, not the MCFC, and tried the tutorials very carefully spending around a year now or so. we are able to fly almost perfect level except for the position and altitude hold which doesn't work. acro mode is ok! we gave up on it for sometime now and took the rabbit way that made us smile again. perhaps we really are missing something......and why it flipped on me, really can't figure that out
we've used cool motors and cf props that worked perfectly in other flight controllers but with the navi II, didn't work.

can you elaborate on the "protection frame" you mentioned, what exactly is that?
cheers.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 04:58 AM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,217 Posts
it is the foam frame with the rings that you see on minsoo site.
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:41 AM
Joined Apr 2008
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikotikot View Post
thanks for sharing, we are using only the Navi II, not the MCFC, and tried the tutorials very carefully spending around a year now or so. we are able to fly almost perfect level except for the position and altitude hold which doesn't work. acro mode is ok! we gave up on it for sometime now and took the rabbit way that made us smile again. perhaps we really are missing something......and why it flipped on me, really can't figure that out
we've used cool motors and cf props that worked perfectly in other flight controllers but with the navi II, didn't work.

can you elaborate on the "protection frame" you mentioned, what exactly is that?
cheers.
Dear Sir
Would you show me the goround station and the arround figure of board ?
Did you use the vibration damper ?

Thanks
Minsoo Kim is offline Find More Posts by Minsoo Kim
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:33 AM
Spain (MÓlaga)
Joined Aug 2010
293 Posts
MCFC Test Gps Problems

hi Mr Minsoo

I have done several tests with the GPS, using the table of gains.

My quad measured from center to edge of the propellers 370 mm and I have set the values ​​indicated in the table.

The results are bad as they come by default.

All the time when activated GPS, quad tends to move to the right and then back with more strength to the left. then I having to turn off GPS,( then it would continue to Korea)

With the original values ​​tend to move randomly, within 5 meters (more or less)

What We Do? (see video please)

MCFC Gps gains problems (1 min 46 sec)
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:48 AM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Nice vids mr Warthox.
I was just wondering while you're in PH & Altitude hold, it appears to me that it's not holding, the quad is so agile & all over the place. For sometime you're not giving correction but the quad is not holding its position.

i got myself a blackboard, navi then the navi2 and i guess it's about a year now or so tweaking a lot but can't make it hold its position, continuous correction is required. worst is, it already flipped on me twice while hovering, very dangerous. acromode is ok. but position hold - NO WAY!

there are 2 flyers in our field with the same kk from minsoo - all the same experience, unsuccessful and very disappointed.
of course it could be better but if taking into account the strong wind it was ok. it just shows that gps is working, even if its not the best. without ph the quad would be blown far away. remember this video is one year old.will try the mcfc soon, then i can tell how its working with actual fw.
warthox is offline Find More Posts by warthox
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:23 PM
Joined May 2008
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minsoo Kim View Post
Dear Sir
Would you show me the goround station and the arround figure of board ?
Did you use the vibration damper ?

Thanks
yes Minsoo i'll send the ground station data & pics of my setup when i get back home in december.
i didn't use vibration dampers because it was not available at the time of my purchase around 1 year ago..... thanks.
Last edited by ikotikot; Nov 12, 2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:28 PM
Joined May 2008
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox View Post
of course it could be better but if taking into account the strong wind it was ok. it just shows that gps is working, even if its not the best. without ph the quad would be blown far away. remember this video is one year old.will try the mcfc soon, then i can tell how its working with actual fw.
looking at your videos again, i can fly my navi2 like that. but i'm looking for a real position hold. at least not giving any correction in say 15sec and it should stay in place. if i increase the gains it wobbles.

and most importantly - it should not flip - it's very dangerous!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:01 AM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
Quote:
looking at your videos again, i can fly my navi2 like that. but i'm looking for a real position hold. at least not giving any correction in say 15sec and it should stay in place. if i increase the gains it wobbles.

and most importantly - it should not flip - it's very dangerous!
which gains do you increase?
you have to paly with the gps gain for gps and calibrate the mag outside.
warthox is offline Find More Posts by warthox
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:50 AM
Joined May 2008
68 Posts
yes i increase the gps gain until it wobbles then back down until it becomes level. i do calibration in the field with no metal objects near/around me.

the flight is ok - level is ok, but it won't hold position, and it goes up and down - never steady in 1 place......

also, in the GPS and Attitude Gain table, whenever i enter the GPS P, I & D gain values based on the pitch & roll dimension, the flight becomes unstable. only Attitude P & D gains are working.