HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:18 PM
plank n shankbone pilot
red_z06's Avatar
Dumont, NJ
Joined Feb 2005
869 Posts
Justin Jee's flight from yesterday. We lost the 60inch Edge in mid-air.

10 Year Old Justin Jee - 60inch Extreme Extra EXP - 2012-10-27 (6 min 14 sec)
red_z06 is offline Find More Posts by red_z06
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:24 PM
Wherever you go there you are
7oneWo1f's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_z06 View Post
Justin Jee's flight from yesterday. We lost the 60inch Edge in mid-air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37NXE_lHOCY
I didn't see the mid air.

Justin is getting really good though.

If you use Sony Vegas, you'll be able to get rid of that double imaging which I guess is not in the original footage.

What software do you use to render?
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:29 PM
plank n shankbone pilot
red_z06's Avatar
Dumont, NJ
Joined Feb 2005
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
I didn't see the mid air.

Justin is getting really good though.

If you use Sony Vegas, you'll be able to get rid of that double imaging which I guess is not in the original footage.

What software do you use to render?
Here they are. KE dropping in and the Mustang doing a pass. If the Mustang wing bolt area was stronger, It would probably have limped in safe.

The wing came off and the Mustang kept flying like a rocket.



What double imaging? I use Vegas Movie Studio Platinum
red_z06 is offline Find More Posts by red_z06
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:18 PM
Wherever you go there you are
7oneWo1f's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_z06 View Post
Here they are. KE dropping in and the Mustang doing a pass. If the Mustang wing bolt area was stronger, It would probably have limped in safe.

The wing came off and the Mustang kept flying like a rocket.



What double imaging? I use Vegas Movie Studio Platinum
Ouch. I don't fly 3D when people are flying warbirds. (Got a T-28 or flying wing for that)

I use vegas too. You need to disable the "smart resample" or you get double images.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:47 PM
plank n shankbone pilot
red_z06's Avatar
Dumont, NJ
Joined Feb 2005
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
Ouch. I don't fly 3D when people are flying warbirds. (Got a T-28 or flying wing for that)

I use vegas too. You need to disable the "smart resample" or you get double images.

Thanks! I will try that next time I encode.
red_z06 is offline Find More Posts by red_z06
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:01 PM
Wherever you go there you are
7oneWo1f's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,402 Posts
No problem.

Just looked at the p51...double ouch.

How did your son handle it? It's part of the risk but even I would be sad...
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:28 AM
plank n shankbone pilot
red_z06's Avatar
Dumont, NJ
Joined Feb 2005
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
No problem.

Just looked at the p51...double ouch.

How did your son handle it? It's part of the risk but even I would be sad...
He was nonchalant knowing that there was nothing he could have done.
red_z06 is offline Find More Posts by red_z06
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:41 AM
Got the Slickness
gabrielisrael's Avatar
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_z06 View Post
Justin Jee's flight from yesterday. We lost the 60inch Edge in mid-air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37NXE_lHOCY
Sorry to hear. Unfortunately, losses of airframes is part of the hobby. It really hurts when you have less than 100 flights on her.
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:49 AM
Wherever you go there you are
7oneWo1f's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_z06 View Post
He was nonchalant knowing that there was nothing he could have done.
He's a better man than me. I lost a t 28 once when I was trying to hover it and a pylon racer came by and cut me in half. I handled it well but it stung anyway. That experience is why I don't 3d when others are enjoying other types of RC flying...a lesson learned.

From what I understand, it is very difficult to have a mid air if you try. it is when you don't want one that they occur.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:30 PM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
dth7's Avatar
United States, NH, Greenland
Joined Feb 2012
982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
When you order the airframe, tell them you wnat the combo, and when the power system comes in you'll get it at the combo price. Just call Curtis and he'll take care of you.
I did and all set. Ordered airframe, EF will honor combo price. Not sure on shipping? Parts are coming in from across the globe. Hope to have it flying before snow. My largest so far. Cody was nice enough to let me try his (thanks Cody)and I'm really looking forward to this one. From the comments and the few minutes I flew it I can tell its going to send my 48" edge to the back seat! I also use the edge to get the member's attention. Funny how that distinct sound of a KE spin or blender gets the heads looking up!
dth7 is offline Find More Posts by dth7
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:34 PM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
dth7's Avatar
United States, NH, Greenland
Joined Feb 2012
982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_z06 View Post
Justin Jee's flight from yesterday. We lost the 60inch Edge in mid-air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37NXE_lHOCY
Bummer. Tough mix- 3D and flybys. Was there a spotter? Sounds like Justin took it ok. Still stinks.
Mines on order and if I can come close to flying it like Justin I'll be overjoyed!
dth7 is offline Find More Posts by dth7
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:58 PM
plank n shankbone pilot
red_z06's Avatar
Dumont, NJ
Joined Feb 2005
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7 View Post
Bummer. Tough mix- 3D and flybys. Was there a spotter? Sounds like Justin took it ok. Still stinks.
Mines on order and if I can come close to flying it like Justin I'll be overjoyed!
Problem was that both were good at maintaining the runway centerline. So, when both are flying the centerline, they are bound to meet.
red_z06 is offline Find More Posts by red_z06
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 01, 2012, 11:28 PM
aka ECAA3D
m0dest's Avatar
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Apr 2012
1,150 Posts
Had a lucky servo failure today.

Did a pop top and the elevator stuck in down position. Started doing repeated waterfalls, I gave a bit of throttle to keep it going until I got close to the Scotch Broom and she laid right on her back, came out with hardly a scratch, nothing a bit of wax won't fix.

Looking for a new better, stronger, quicker replacement than the 5245.
The Savox are working good in the 48 Edge, only 9-10 flights so far though.
m0dest is offline Find More Posts by m0dest
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 01, 2012, 11:47 PM
Wherever you go there you are
7oneWo1f's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,402 Posts
Wow, nice job ecaa3d.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 02, 2012, 03:21 AM
This is NOT a TOY?
C_Watkins's Avatar
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jul 2011
2,541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaa3d View Post
Had a lucky servo failure today.

Did a pop top and the elevator stuck in down position. Started doing repeated waterfalls, I gave a bit of throttle to keep it going until I got close to the Scotch Broom and she laid right on her back, came out with hardly a scratch, nothing a bit of wax won't fix.

Looking for a new better, stronger, quicker replacement than the 5245.
The Savox are working good in the 48 Edge, only 9-10 flights so far though.
Nice save
The DS 3711 fits your description, especially if you want to run unregulated 2s.
C_Watkins is online now Find More Posts by C_Watkins
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Extreme Flight 70" Extra 300 EXP - build/fly/video hercdriver7777 3D Flying 2454 Aug 14, 2014 06:39 PM
Build Log Extreme Flight 60" Edge 540T EXP - Build/Fly/Video FlopGun 3D Flying 249 Apr 16, 2012 10:46 AM
Help! D-60 build thread Chronic DS'er Dynamic Soaring 3 Jun 23, 2011 10:04 PM
Sold Extreme Flight 58" Extra Ready To Fly (GA) traderdave2 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 11 Apr 26, 2011 05:33 PM
Video EXTREME FLIGHT RC EXTRA 300EXP in Action! EXTREME FLIGHT Electric Plane Talk 1 Jun 10, 2009 08:45 PM