HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 11, 2014, 12:57 PM
United Kingdom, England, Uxbridge
Joined Jan 2012
938 Posts
Found the thread again, did put the link on here before but that's not working no more.
http://www.thetrenchesforum.com/show...or-12-Inch-Joe
doesn't show my new one,so can't have been on there i see it, did find it mentioned earlier on here so maybe that's where i see it.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...333642&page=80
glue hand brian is online now Find More Posts by glue hand brian
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2014, 01:13 PM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
United Kingdom, Rayleigh
Joined Jan 2012
1,849 Posts
Well, I finally got around to editing the pepper pot antenna test run.
The overall range wasn't anything to be shouting about, but on previous runs I had come to an abrupt halt when I lost the video signal as I dropped over the ridge, whereas this time I just sailed past it. In another area, I was able to drive along the blindside of trees and bushes, where previously I had been having trouble with multipathing on the clean side of the trees.
So all in all, I am very pleased with the pepperbox, it is all that I had hoped that it would be and more.
Here is the video, a bit long, but I wanted to show the whole run, although I must admit, YouTube seems to be blurring the image for some reason.
RockApe's Pepperpot Antenna Test Run 070814 (22 min 39 sec)
FPVsummituk is online now Find More Posts by FPVsummituk
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 11, 2014, 02:34 PM
Joined Apr 2014
15 Posts
Brian,
Really nice run of this well-built Tonka Summit with a beautiful location to boost. I really enjoy the ride as though i was on the summit
Right now while waiting for my tonka truck and some RF cables, I am experimenting with my slash + 800 mW vtx + receiver on my goggles, the range is not great but i can still drive around the soccer field
Again, thanks for sharing your findings on the pepper box, I might settle for this PB or a crosshair later on.
hskb.
hskb is offline Find More Posts by hskb
Old Aug 11, 2014, 02:48 PM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
United Kingdom, Rayleigh
Joined Jan 2012
1,849 Posts
hskb, thanks, glad you liked it. Mind you it does sort of show where a gimbal could work, but that can be something that I might do in the future when I need to do repairs to the current camera setup. So for now I am just going to enjoy driving the Tonka Summit and sharing the videos.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 11, 2014, 04:31 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hskb View Post
Brian,
Really nice run of this well-built Tonka Summit with a beautiful location to boost. I really enjoy the ride as though i was on the summit
Right now while waiting for my tonka truck and some RF cables, I am experimenting with my slash + 800 mW vtx + receiver on my goggles, the range is not great but i can still drive around the soccer field
Again, thanks for sharing your findings on the pepper box, I might settle for this PB or a crosshair later on.
hskb.
800 mW ? Must be in 1.3 ? What rx do you use in the goggles ? With same power on 1.3 and using only whip antenna with racewood Rx I have a pretty good range, over 1500 feet.
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 11, 2014, 05:15 PM
Joined Apr 2014
15 Posts
Carguy1994ca,
It is a bervrc 1.3 GHz VTx and this LaserBGC 1.3GHz receiver, not bad for a portable solution for the fatshark goggles.
http://laserbgc.com/index.php?route=...&product_id=75
I was just sitting on a bench on the park, so my antenna is low as well. My intention is to mount the antenna up on my roof (around 35-45 feet from ground level) for fpv wondering around the neighborhood, or have a portable receiver on my goggles when i was out on the park play with my quad-copter and soon Tonka Slash
I just spend $60 for this 50 feet US made RF cable,
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
anyone has any experience with these?
mpddigital.us/

hskb.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 05:24 PM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
United Kingdom, Rayleigh
Joined Jan 2012
1,849 Posts
Hey Guys, look what I just won for $32 +shipping. Total 43 including import duty.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181486087276
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 13, 2014, 02:51 AM
Joined Apr 2014
15 Posts
I got 2 Tonka trucks today, one is in fair condition and I want to disassemble it, the other one is very good shape but it's pink (was originally thinking of painting it but now, i just might keep it for my 7 yr-old girl to play with it .
Last edited by hskb; Aug 13, 2014 at 03:18 AM.