HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 13, 2010, 10:15 PM
Australia, QLD
Joined Jul 2008
186 Posts
Discussion
to buy 2 wings or 1?

I am looking at whether to get a mono wing 3D or a biplane 3D. Are there really any significant differences? The 2 I'm looking at are the PA Ultimate AMR and the PA Katana MD.
TongueTied is online now Find More Posts by TongueTied
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2010, 11:14 PM
RC Mafia: The Hit is on
Joined Oct 2006
830 Posts
Just come on the weekend to Bukit Jelutong and fly with the RC Mafia. RR and the Gang should be there Saturday and Sunday afternoon 4 pm onwards. They will show you both planes in person and you can see it for yourself. Here is the link to our webpage. You also find a Google map in there:

Mafia Pages

or join the discussion at the Malaysian RC Forum. Some of the Mafiosi are there frequently. Malaysian RC Forum

To me the AMR is probably the most versatile plane you can put a 3s 2200 mAH battery in. Slow, Fast, Tumbles like mad, Strong (check out our videos - LOL), etc. But like with everything, everyone has his own opinion. Therefore I suggest you come to BJ and fly with the gang.
Burger Thing is offline Find More Posts by Burger Thing
Old May 14, 2010, 11:50 AM
Australia, QLD
Joined Jul 2008
186 Posts
The AMR is the one I prefer and enjoy flying it on the sim but real flying is always a bit different. I have seen most of the PA lineup. Clarence and a few others 3D flyers used to fly out at Kota Damansara when that field was still available to us. I got to see many of the PA aircraft there and of course, I have been drooling over (or rather up at) the AMR tied to the ceiling of RC Smart. I'll try and get out to Bukit Jelutong if the wife will let me. What times do people normally go? Sunday mornings or everyday morning and evening?
TongueTied is online now Find More Posts by TongueTied
Old May 15, 2010, 11:24 AM
It's All About Having Fun!
Joined Jul 2008
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TongueTied View Post
The AMR is the one I prefer and enjoy flying it on the sim but real flying is always a bit different. I have seen most of the PA lineup. Clarence and a few others 3D flyers used to fly out at Kota Damansara when that field was still available to us. I got to see many of the PA aircraft there and of course, I have been drooling over (or rather up at) the AMR tied to the ceiling of RC Smart. I'll try and get out to Bukit Jelutong if the wife will let me. What times do people normally go? Sunday mornings or everyday morning and evening?
The guys fly in the late afternoons from 4pm onwards till sun down.
The Hitman is offline Find More Posts by The Hitman