HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:07 AM
Joined Dec 2011
48 Posts
Discussion
Honey Bee cp3 question...

Hi !, I've bought a Honey Bee cp3 but still in the box... Yesterday playing with the simulator (I dont wanna crash the real one at the first attemp..) I've noticed that the cp2 it's much easier than the cp3 (3d) so I wondering if could be possible to setup the pitch in my radio to flat so I can fly the cp3 more stable....I came from planes so Helis are a new world for me.

Thanks for your imputs.

good wind.
solmer is offline Find More Posts by solmer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:36 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,480 Posts
How helis fly in a sim has no bearing on reality. If you have no previous heli experience, either of those models would be very difficult for you to fly. 300 size CP helis are particularly challenging. If anything, the CP V3 is easier to fly because the tail holds better.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:01 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,383 Posts
Yes you can flatten the pitch curve, but I believe the factory transmitter does not accomodate that utility. HBCP2 didn't, but things do change so I'm not "certain" what comes with HBCP3. I only flew the -2 twice before replacing the radioset with Spektrum. And did indeed flatten the pitch curve, though not 'dead flat'. Positive pitch was left intact, negative pitch was limited to ~15% of its available range.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Feb 21, 2013, 02:24 AM
Joined Dec 2011
48 Posts
Hi there !

Thanks for your inputs

Yeah, sims are only a tool but it's so far away from reality....Im planning to change the receiver and the Tx for my 9x set up. I've checked the original radio from E-Sky and doesnt allow to change the pitch curve...only the reverse of the servos.

Anyway I'll practive with my V911 before going with the Honey

Good winds and....happy fly !
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:57 PM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solmer View Post
Hi !, I've bought a Honey Bee cp3 but still in the box... Yesterday playing with the simulator (I dont wanna crash the real one at the first attemp..) I've noticed that the cp2 it's much easier than the cp3 (3d) so I wondering if could be possible to setup the pitch in my radio to flat so I can fly the cp3 more stable....I came from planes so Helis are a new world for me.
Have you read my thread on the Honey Bee CPX? It's the same helicopter, but with a scale fuselage. Lots of info, pictures and pitfalls that should save you time and effort.
V-Man is online now Find More Posts by V-Man
Old Mar 06, 2013, 09:21 AM
Joined Dec 2011
48 Posts
Hi V-Man

Thanks for your reply, great info !!!

BTW: I'm looking for a carbon blades at Hobbyking....Could you tell me wich ones will fit the CP3?.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 09:49 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,480 Posts
Can I ask why?
Old Mar 06, 2013, 10:23 AM
Joined Dec 2011
48 Posts
Hi Balr14,

Of course you can I've broken my wooden ones and I'm thinking about getting a CF ones to put something harder that wood . I've seen a plastic ones too but don't know which ones will perform better in my heli....
Old Mar 06, 2013, 10:38 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,480 Posts
CF blades are expensive and are usually meant to handle higher headspeed or improve response. Neither of these should be a factor to you. They are easily damaged and transmit lots of impact to other components. If you are doing any crashing, wood is your best bet.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 10:53 AM
Joined Dec 2011
48 Posts
Thanks for helping a poor newbie

I came from Planes son Helis are a new world to discover.... I've owned two coaxials and now I'm practicing with a V911 before going again with the CP3 and crash it
Old Mar 06, 2013, 11:41 AM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,633 Posts
Quote:
I came from Planes son Helis are a new world to discover.... I've owned two coaxials and now I'm practicing with a V911 before going again with the CP3 and crash it
Very good idea. Get the basics (orientation, maneuvers) down before you fly the CP3. You'll have your hands full dealing with the non-adjustable twitchy controls and poor throttle/pitch curves, not to mention the delayed gyro response.

BTW, I've purchased a pair of spare blades for a Blade SR and they look like they fit. Never got the chance to try them out, my CPX's frame broke apart mid-flight and that was the end for that heli...
Old Mar 06, 2013, 12:02 PM
Joined Dec 2011
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Man View Post
Very good idea. Get the basics (orientation, maneuvers) down before you fly the CP3. You'll have your hands full dealing with the non-adjustable twitchy controls and poor throttle/pitch curves, not to mention the delayed gyro response.

BTW, I've purchased a pair of spare blades for a Blade SR and they look like they fit. Never got the chance to try them out, my CPX's frame broke apart mid-flight and that was the end for that heli...
Hi Delayed gyro...do you mean con the v911 or the CP3?

My v911 flies pretty well and if I press the mode button which extends the response it moves faster..

I'm sorry about your lost heli I know the CPC its much better than the cheap v911 but for 20$ its a good deal...you could givea try buying a v911....
Old Mar 06, 2013, 12:58 PM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,633 Posts
Quote:
Delayed gyro...do you mean con the v911 or the CP3?
CPX/CP3. You have to be careful when applying throttle or the tail will kick to one side or the other. I've had the heli do a 180 degrees spin on a rapid climb once.

Quote:
I'm sorry about your lost heli
Meh. Buy cheap, buy twice. I got tempted by the sale price and the scale fuselage. Now I know better.

Quote:
I know the CPC its much better than the cheap v911 but for 20$ its a good deal...you could givea try buying a v911....
I already have a Solo Pro II that is highly modified and probably better performing than the V911, but thanks for the suggestion. (See my blog for a list of all my planes and helis.)
Old Mar 06, 2013, 01:34 PM
Joined Dec 2011
48 Posts
Thanks one more time for the help. I've seen your blog Great !!! I'll post mine when finished...need more free time

I'll keep an eye on the CP3 tail to avoid crashing it in the first hover
Old Mar 08, 2013, 01:22 AM
Joined Mar 2013
15 Posts
I am viewing Esky Honey Bee 4 ch Electric helicopter at online hobby-eStore. It is improved version of honey bee. It's sales price is just $99.99 only.
It is really a great deal!
hobbyestore01 is offline Find More Posts by hobbyestore01