SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:13 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Dec 2012
81 Posts
Discussion
So...F my life...TX issue....

Apparently the TX set I bought - Futaba 3PRKA transmitter & receiver, not only cost me $69.99 + tax, but also requires another switch(CPS-1) for the 3channel to use light kit. PS: some post related to this issue http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=143558

And also if I want to buy another car, and want to add another receiver, another $39.99 will be gone...

GG for me.. I guess I can't buy the LED kit to complete my first RC car...

Hum...wait...Is there any alternative way to install the LED kit without using 3rd channel?
lawjie is offline Find More Posts by lawjie
Last edited by lawjie; Feb 17, 2013 at 09:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:04 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,757 Posts
You will always need a remote operated switch to hook up the leds to. The receiver channel can't switch current on and off, it can only send a control signal, which triggers such a remote operated switch. You don't need to get a futaba switch though, other brands will also work, just as you don't need Futaba servos but can use other brands with your receiver.

This one for instance, should work as well:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...d_Switch_.html

If you don't need to switch on the lights with the transmitter, simply connect the leds to the car battery (observing input voltage required for the leds) with a manual switch or connector.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:07 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Dec 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
You will always need a remote operated switch to hook up the leds to. The receiver channel can't switch current on and off, it can only send a control signal, which triggers such a remote operated switch. You don't need to get a futaba switch though, other brands will also work, just as you don't need Futaba servos but can use other brands with your receiver.

This one for instance, should work as well:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...d_Switch_.html

If you don't need to switch on the lights with the transmitter, simply connect the leds to the car battery (observing input voltage required for the leds) with a manual switch or connector.
wooo. wow. Thank you very much. Didn't expect to get a reply this late. o.O
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:34 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,757 Posts
That's the benefit of a worldwide forum, when I posted it was just in the morning here.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:23 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Dec 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
That's the benefit of a worldwide forum, when I posted it was just in the morning here.
Do you recommend me just get another TX set like FlySky GT3C? I mean the whole complete set costs $39.90. which is the same if I only buy an additional Futaba FHSS receiver

=.=
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:17 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,757 Posts
Nope, the link wasn't to a transmitter, but to a remotely controlled switch that you can connect to the receiver on channel 3, and use to switch on the lights remotely. It was just an example, there are other brands that would work just as well.

Getting another receiver won't help, a receiver can't switch things, it can only send pulses as result to the transmitter signal. Those pulses control a servo connected to the receiver, or a remotely operated switch, like the one I mentioned.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:41 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Dec 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Nope, the link wasn't to a transmitter, but to a remotely controlled switch that you can connect to the receiver on channel 3, and use to switch on the lights remotely. It was just an example, there are other brands that would work just as well.

Getting another receiver won't help, a receiver can't switch things, it can only send pulses as result to the transmitter signal. Those pulses control a servo connected to the receiver, or a remotely operated switch, like the one I mentioned.
I am sorry for the misunstanding. The reason I asked about getting another receiver is for in case in the future, I'm getting more cars, and that means I got to spend money to buy receivers too, but since Futuba receiver is so expensive is soo expensive, so I probably should just grab a FlySky TX set? and an additional flysky receiver only costs around 7 bucks
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:31 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,757 Posts
Ah, I see. Futaba is great stuff, but indeed a bit pricy on spare receivers. So if you don't feel like constantly swapping receivers around, choosing a new system with much cheaper receivers is definitely a smart thing. I use the GT-2 because I didn't feel I would need the model memory and it's more robust, as it lacks a display and being more robust is a plus as I often take an RC car with me in the 1:1 car. But the GT-3 will be more versatile, with more programming options, and model memory.