SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 02, 2010, 07:37 PM
Joined Jan 2010
3 Posts
Discussion
Coro 36" Snowball build

Hi,
I was bored in Buffalo and wanted a new junkyard plane and this is what i came up with.

Its made from 2 coroplast signs and some paint mixing sticks, foam packing and Pepsi bottle floats/skids.. The plane weighs 5 lbs ready to fly and has 800 watts of power and 3 ch with mixing.

Just waiting for 10/7 props in mail.

Any thoughts or ideas before the servos are mounted would be great.

I'm building a foam cutter and am going to make regular size Snowballs using running gear from 1 slo-v and Firebird Phantom. Any thoughts on that?
1coldbeer is offline Find More Posts by 1coldbeer
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2010, 09:29 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,999 Posts
As good as that looks you know it will fly....
JONBOYLEMON is online now Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Mar 05, 2010, 11:48 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coldbeer View Post
Hi,
I was bored in Buffalo and wanted a new junkyard plane and this is what i came up with.

Its made from 2 coroplast signs and some paint mixing sticks, foam packing and Pepsi bottle floats/skids.. The plane weighs 5 lbs ready to fly and has 800 watts of power and 3 ch with mixing.

Just waiting for 10/7 props in mail.

Any thoughts or ideas before the servos are mounted would be great.

I'm building a foam cutter and am going to make regular size Snowballs using running gear from 1 slo-v and Firebird Phantom. Any thoughts on that?
The big Snowballs are gentle easy flyers if they are light. Because it is a flat foam plane without an airfoil it generates lift by it's angle of attack.

How much does i t weigh? I worry that it is made out of coroplast and will be heavy and or tail heavy.

I hope it flies well for you. If not build another one the same but out of lighter Depron.

Lee
Lee is online now Find More Posts by Lee
Old Mar 05, 2010, 10:39 PM
Joined Jan 2010
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
The big Snowballs are gentle easy flyers if they are light. Because it is a flat foam plane without an airfoil it generates lift by it's angle of attack.

How much does i t weigh? I worry that it is made out of coroplast and will be heavy and or tail heavy.

I hope it flies well for you. If not build another one the same but out of lighter Depron.

Lee
It's not light, but has lot of power..... The blue line is at 9" for CG and has eye to hang by wire and balance... I got props in mail so I'll make a video Sun.. Should be fun... :-)

I got some Subaru Outback Wagon epp foam spare tire lid/covers at junkyard for the next 1..
Old Mar 06, 2010, 12:32 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,103 Posts
I can't wait. Post it on the Snowball thread too please.
Old Mar 06, 2010, 08:13 AM
Joined Jan 2010
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I can't wait. Post it on the Snowball thread too please.
I was trying for the Snowball thread and I guess it was "happy clicked" here. If a Mod was to move and/or delete this thread I would be happy to be sure it was in the right place next time.... :-)
Old Mar 07, 2010, 08:00 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coldbeer View Post
I was trying for the Snowball thread and I guess it was "happy clicked" here. If a Mod was to move and/or delete this thread I would be happy to be sure it was in the right place next time.... :-)
Your welcome to copy your information over to here to a more active Snowball thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=930241

This thread will just disappear as time goes on.
Old Mar 08, 2010, 05:36 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,999 Posts
Long live this thread. How dare you try and kill this thread!!!!!!!!!!
JONBOYLEMON is online now Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Mar 08, 2010, 06:03 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
Long live this thread. How dare you try and kill this thread!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Jon

Not trying to kill it just to put it where others building Snowballs will see what he is doing.

How are the kids?