HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 05:54 AM
Joined Oct 2010
56 Posts
Good news! Those of us with a hfp80 v2 orange canopy can now "upgrade" to the intended green canopy. Parts are finally available at banggood

http://www.banggood.com/Hisky-HFP80-...-p-936840.html
http://www.banggood.com/Hisky-HFP80-...-p-930803.html

I'll be interested to see if it's possible to use this new "bracket" on an older v1 model to add 2 extra mounting holes.
chris_n26 is online now Find More Posts by chris_n26
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 06:37 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_n26 View Post
Good news! Those of us with a hfp80 v2 orange canopy can now "upgrade" to the intended green canopy. Parts are finally available at banggood

http://www.banggood.com/Hisky-HFP80-...-p-936840.html
http://www.banggood.com/Hisky-HFP80-...-p-930803.html

I'll be interested to see if it's possible to use this new "bracket" on an older v1 model to add 2 extra mounting holes.
the "exchange" is actually pretty easy - I was one of the guys who got the pre-production run sample from BG (and ironically, the ONLY reason why I even ordered the V2 - back in May as the 2nd or 3rd person to order this from BG - was because I wanted the canopy!!)

Unfrotunately my "replacement canopies" did not get here as fast as other people got their "original" V2 models, so someone else beat me to reporting that the V2 canopy has the 4 holes (which I didnt even realize at the time) and is also a little bigger than the V1 canopy (due to the horizontal PCB)

The good thing is, this tiny increase in size allows for the canopy to be used on a V911 as well ... (once you cut out a little space for the V911 servo rods)

To make this fit on a V1 you ONLY need to drill two new mounting holes about 5mm "closer to the front of the canopy than the original ones are" - done! Personally, I dont see any reason why the additional plastic part that they use now and what the 2 lower mounting holes are for is really necessary.

Oh, and this is how this looks like: (...)

V955 with HFP80 V2 canopy (1 min 1 sec)

((and here, you can see what I did to it to make it a little "different" ...)

V955 Yellow Two (2 min 12 sec)

E2
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Yesterday, 09:22 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,195 Posts
I got my replacement 80v2 yesterday.Upon opening the plain white box I found the tail boom and skids loose from the frame. I did quick reattachment and QC of the 80. It bound up on the first try, and servo movement was smooth. A quick flight revealed a mean left backward drift, same as the 100V2. I gave both links a couple, and tested her again. Second attempt was smooth, and hover a bit around my living room. Today I will take it outside and her legs a bit. Thanks James for working with Banggod to get these replacements sent out.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM
Still crashing everything!
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Mar 2014
318 Posts
Now that I've flown both the HFP80 V1 and V2, I can say they do handle differently. I expected the V1 to fly very much like the HFP100FS, but I'm happy to report that it does not. Believe me when I say this is a very good thing. I've found the HFP100 to be quite the handful to fly. Much too squirrely in my opinion.

The HFP80 V1 and V2 actually fly more alike than the HFP80 V1 and the HFP100FS. I don't even know if the FS version comes in a V2 with 6G stabilization. Anyway, I'm very pleased with both helis and I have already run multiple packs through each. I'm sure keeping my B6AC busy charging batteries. I think overall I prefer the V1 over the V2 when it comes to handling. The V2 is easier to fly than the V1 but not overly so and the V1 is more lively without becoming unmanageable.

I'm also flying both using the HiSky X-6S Tx that I received yesterday. I have not had time to review all the different settings and adjust them more to my own liking. The HFP80 was listed in the model inventory as H70 so I'm using the settings from the factory so far. I hope to have some time tonight to look it over and make some changes. So far this seems to be a pretty good Tx, it has the flexibility of a programmable Tx but does so without a lot of frills.

I suppose I'd better start lying in some spare parts, I believe I may have found my "next" everyday flyer.
dteel is offline Find More Posts by dteel
Old Yesterday, 11:02 AM
Mod it like you stole it!
Joined Jul 2009
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_n26 View Post
@katoace

Could you describe the kind of mods you did to your hfp100? Mine is fairly stable at hover however I don't think I can fly it indoors.
'Sup Chris......I've done a few tweaks to my fp100's....Some custom tweaks i did to my blades and a few other tweaks.....But 1st and foremost was adjusting the c/g..........I would NOT try doing it by simply adding alot of extra weight to the heli(nose). 1st trying simply managing the weight you can adjust on the stock heli......... You can check my blog for how i did it on mine..........Kato
katoace is offline Find More Posts by katoace
Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2013
249 Posts
Good to hear that you got your V2 back up in the air Jasen, and you too dteel! Hopefully they'll prove to be as reliable as my own test units. Please let me know if you guys have any other questions.

The 100S is up and flying! We've a few problems with the tail holding right now though, it's not responding fast enough as of right now, so the engineers are still working hard to solve that...
HiSky_Official is online now Find More Posts by HiSky_Official
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2013
802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiSky_Official View Post
Good to hear that you got your V2 back up in the air Jasen, and you too dteel! Hopefully they'll prove to be as reliable as my own test units. Please let me know if you guys have any other questions.

The 100S is up and flying! We've a few problems with the tail holding right now though, it's not responding fast enough as of right now, so the engineers are still working hard to solve that...
That's great news. Having built a 2s hcp100 I can attest to how hard it is to get that tail working right when everything is that much more powerful. Will have access to tail gain via the tx?
EchoRaven is online now Find More Posts by EchoRaven
Old Yesterday, 09:16 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,539 Posts
Is the tail gyro gain adjustable on the 100S? Or is it like HCP100?
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Yesterday, 09:26 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2013
249 Posts
I'm not sure, I'll have to check with the engineers..will get back on that one later
HiSky_Official is online now Find More Posts by HiSky_Official
RCG Plus Member