HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:54 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7 Posts
Discussion
Blade SR 120 spinning problem

New Heli-pilot here. I have 20 battery drains of flight with my new SR 120. It has been a great learning experience so far. Lately my bird will spin intermittently. Then next flight it hovers great. Tail motor is turning on and increases and decreases speed if you hold the bird and turn it from side to side like it should. Keeping the bird on the ground with power on, I can spin it right or left. During the last two attempts at flying, it started spinning once airborne. No serious crashes with major damage. Could the tail motor be going out? Could it be wiring? I am at a lose. I have inspected the wires to the circuit board and connections and all is fine. Anyone else with an SR120 have this problem?

Thanks for your time
Yamabiker
yamabiker is offline Find More Posts by yamabiker
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:15 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,375 Posts
If the tailrotor has ever collided with something, the internal ridge that couples it to the motor may have been chipped.

That small connector near the motor can be intermittent.

The motor itself is not the sturdiest. Most give more than 20 flights but not all.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:24 AM
Joined Dec 2010
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
If the tailrotor has ever collided with something, the internal ridge that couples it to the motor may have been chipped.

That small connector near the motor can be intermittent.

The motor itself is not the sturdiest. Most give more than 20 flights but not all.
Thanks. I will check that.

Yamabiker
yamabiker is offline Find More Posts by yamabiker
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:48 AM
Still a N00B
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2012
95 Posts
I had that problem once and it was the tail motor, but I had crashed it if I remember correctly. Now I put some heat shrink over the wires to protect them a little. So check that out also, I had a bit of a spinning issue, more of a drift (not as bad as your sounds) and my fly bar was bent.

I ended up replacing tail motor, blades, flybar and swash, so I'm not sure which one fixed it, but like I said, it was from a crash, so there was a cause. I'm not sure what yours could be except the tail motor.
lebaez is offline Find More Posts by lebaez