New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2015, 06:34 PM
Find More Posts by deadduck
Manila Ninoy Intl, Philippines
Joined Nov 2001
1,343 Posts
Discussion
Changes in shipping and postage rates - International warehouse

Ordering from Hobbyking International warehouse has become really challenging of late.

This is because there are sudden unannounced changes in shipping policy and you only find this out when you are ready to hit the order button.

1) Foam glue can no longer be sent by AirParcel, it has to go by EMS. Unless you order just a few tubes (about 11 tubes of the 20g size) then it can go by International (Registered) Airmail, but the cost of postage is quite high.

2) Trying to build an order today, no glue, no lipos, only airplanes, connectors, chargers, total dimensions and weight 875x180x577mm (=2389mm) 3148g. I can no longer have this go by airparcel at $24.29 but have to select EMS at $30.38.

This wouldn't be so bad if it went by EMS from Hong Kong, the trade off being speed versus $6.09 ; but in reality there is little difference in speed, since they shove both types of parcel into a container, seafreight it to Singapore, and then put it in to the Singapore postal system. There is at most 2 days difference in shipping time between ems and air parcel.

When it gets to the Philippines, EMS parcels have to be collected from an EMS facility where there are long queues. As opposed to Air Parcel which you can pickup at the local post office (shorter lines).

3) The dimension calculator will always give weird results. When I get a parcel there is normally lots of space taken up by air pillows which means extra items could have been shipped for the same dimensions......

I suspect that less people order through the International warehouse now because I have seen a drop in order processing times (packing and boxing).

Seriously looking at the other vendors in the same field shipping out of China, where EMS really means EMS (as in 3 days) versus 12 days through Singapore.

Please post your comments and any new changes you may have noticed.
deadduck is offline Find More Posts by deadduck
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2015, 04:56 AM
Find More Posts by jwortner
Tampa
Joined Oct 2002
36 Posts
Try FedEx. It is not expensive and it comes in about 3 days. I have used it a lot lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadduck View Post
Ordering from Hobbyking International warehouse has become really challenging of late.

This is because there are sudden unannounced changes in shipping policy and you only find this out when you are ready to hit the order button.

1) Foam glue can no longer be sent by AirParcel, it has to go by EMS. Unless you order just a few tubes (about 11 tubes of the 20g size) then it can go by International (Registered) Airmail, but the cost of postage is quite high.

2) Trying to build an order today, no glue, no lipos, only airplanes, connectors, chargers, total dimensions and weight 875x180x577mm (=2389mm) 3148g. I can no longer have this go by airparcel at $24.29 but have to select EMS at $30.38.

This wouldn't be so bad if it went by EMS from Hong Kong, the trade off being speed versus $6.09 ; but in reality there is little difference in speed, since they shove both types of parcel into a container, seafreight it to Singapore, and then put it in to the Singapore postal system. There is at most 2 days difference in shipping time between ems and air parcel.

When it gets to the Philippines, EMS parcels have to be collected from an EMS facility where there are long queues. As opposed to Air Parcel which you can pickup at the local post office (shorter lines).

3) The dimension calculator will always give weird results. When I get a parcel there is normally lots of space taken up by air pillows which means extra items could have been shipped for the same dimensions......

I suspect that less people order through the International warehouse now because I have seen a drop in order processing times (packing and boxing).

Seriously looking at the other vendors in the same field shipping out of China, where EMS really means EMS (as in 3 days) versus 12 days through Singapore.

Please post your comments and any new changes you may have noticed.
jwortner is offline Find More Posts by jwortner
Old Apr 21, 2015, 07:25 AM
Find More Posts by jwortner
Tampa
Joined Oct 2002
36 Posts
Ops, sorry I meant DHL, not Fedex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwortner View Post
Try FedEx. It is not expensive and it comes in about 3 days. I have used it a lot lately.
jwortner is offline Find More Posts by jwortner
Old Apr 23, 2015, 08:15 AM
Find More Posts by startazz
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,895 Posts
Yep i agree i always use DHL now as it's only a few dollars more and you get your parcel from the international warehouse in three or four days,well i do here in the UK and that's after it leaves the HK warehouse of course.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz