HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2014, 01:28 PM
Italy, Sicilia, Casteldaccia
Joined Apr 2010
78 Posts
Discussion
G 3D seems not using rudder and elevator full throw

I'm need help with my Guardian 3D.
As I wrote in another thread, I have some problem with 3D maneuvers; using 3D mode heading hold, trying to do a knife edge or an inverted flight the model loses altitude and I need to compensate with my commands.
Following some suggestion, I tried to adjust the servo pulse; it was "use default limits" and now i chose "use custom limit table". Default values of min/max deflections are 801/2199 microseconds. Trying to fly I didn't see any change in model's behaviour; like before this change, the model can't do the knife edge. I mean that I have to help the model with rudder command in doing the knife edge because Guardian doesn't use the full throw of rudder.
During knife edge ailerons and elevator do the right job mantaining the model perfectly vertical and straight, but the model rotate and loses altitude because of lack of rudder command (if i don't compensate).
I saw the same problem with inverted flight. With Guardian 3D off, I need a little of pitch command to have a regular inverted level flight; with Guardian 3D on, is the same: if I don't give a little of pitch command, the model loses altitude. This occurs at any speed, slow or fast.

Hovering manouvers are done almost perfectly.

Well, at this point I wonder if what I'm searching is something that Guardian 3D can do or not; if I put my model in a perfect knife edge and leave the commands, I expect that Guardian works to maintain the last attitude. Is this right? Same thing for the inverted flight.

Many thanks for you help.
Paolo

Ps: forgot to tell that gain of rudder and elevator are at maximum values, without any oscillation in any kind of flight.
nonnopaolo is offline Find More Posts by nonnopaolo
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2014, 08:16 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Apr 2013
461 Posts
Hello,

It sounds like you could use a bit more gain. Are you using the remote gain option? If not, give that a try if possible. Connecting the gain wire to an available knob or slider will give you access to gains higher than using just the on board gain pots.

Regards, John
JohnET is offline Find More Posts by JohnET
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 27, 2014, 08:57 AM
Joined Apr 2010
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnET View Post
Hello,

It sounds like you could use a bit more gain. Are you using the remote gain option? If not, give that a try if possible. Connecting the gain wire to an available knob or slider will give you access to gains higher than using just the on board gain pots.

Regards, John
Thanks John.
No, I'm not using the remote gain option because I can't use any knob or slider on my radio (Multiplex Cockpit Sx mlink). I'm using just one slider as a switch for changing the Guardian mode (3D-off-2D).
Is it possible to increase the general gain with the software via USB?

Many thanks.
Paolo
Old Aug 28, 2014, 07:07 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Apr 2013
461 Posts
Paolo,

In order to get the extra gain, you must have a channel connected to the gain wire. The reason for this is that going to high with the gain can cause oscillation and control issues so a channel must be connected so that you can turn it down remotely if needed.

Regards, John
JohnET is offline Find More Posts by JohnET
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 29, 2014, 04:33 PM
Joined Apr 2010
78 Posts
Need help with multiplex cockpit sx transmitter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnET View Post
Paolo,

In order to get the extra gain, you must have a channel connected to the gain wire. The reason for this is that going to high with the gain can cause oscillation and control issues so a channel must be connected so that you can turn it down remotely if needed.

Regards, John
Yes, reading better the manual I found this.
But it seems strange for me that there is no way to increase the gain.

By the way, now I need some help to configure my Multiplex Cockpit Sx to connect and use the master gain control. I'm using the right slider to change 2D-3D, and wish to use the left slider for the master gain.
Is it possible to have this kind os help?
Many many thanks!
Paolo
Old Aug 31, 2014, 05:08 AM
Joined Apr 2010
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnopaolo View Post
Yes, reading better the manual I found this.
But it seems strange for me that there is no way to increase the gain.

By the way, now I need some help to configure my Multiplex Cockpit Sx to connect and use the master gain control. I'm using the right slider to change 2D-3D, and wish to use the left slider for the master gain.
Is it possible to have this kind os help?
Many many thanks!
Paolo
Ok, problem solved, I think.
I found where to attach the master gain channel and how to command it; it is not a slider but a three position switch, but it is ok.
This evening I will see the effects of this new setup.
Bye
Paolo